GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I don't think anyone ever said Clarke was a fabulous actress.

Who was the best? Charles "Fucking" Dance would probably get my vote.

Yeah, Dance and Dianna Rigg were the best. 

Heady Dey was pretty great too to be fair to her. Conleth Hill was very good when his character had something to do.

Dinklage always gave his all everytime he was onscreen. 

Overall, I'd say my favourite character is a toss up between The Hound and Sansa. The latter had the most interesting arc, I thought. She was such a little shit in the early seasons, but she grew to be a wise and formidable woman, the result of her life experiences. The Hound was just easy to watch.

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Geez, it's just a TV show in the end.

Wise words a few people really need to read carefully. I can't believe how obsessive some of them are, I'm not even sad it's over.

23 minutes ago, Quintus said:

but she grew to be a wise and formidable woman, the result of her life experiences.

I'd have loved to see more of how she rules and solves problems having grown up to be a mix of Cersei and Littlefinger.

37 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Overall, I'd say my favourite character is a toss up between The Hound and Sansa. The latter had the most interesting arc, I thought. She was such a little shit in the early seasons, but she grew to be a wise and formidable woman, the result of her life experiences. The Hound was just easy to watch.

Making her Queen of all of Westeros would have probably felt more earned than making Bran the King.

Quite a looker too.

I thought she looked extremely beautiful in her last shot. She totally had the fantasy aesthetic going on, it's just how her natural features are.

On 5/28/2019 at 1:28 PM, Quintus said:

Sansa is probably my most disliked character now that all's said and done.  Yeah, hated her at the start, began liking her as she gained agency in later seasons, but that's what the show wanted from me as a viewer.  Pretty sure it still wanted me to like her when she became discount Cersei/Littlefinger lovechild, but really she was just another ridiculous contrivance there to force the Daenerys plot stupidity.  For a show that so boldly told us the Starks weren't standard untouchable heroes via Ned's execution and the Red Wedding, it sure ended up bending over backwards to make that the case in the end.  Didn't give a fuck about any of them save Jon personally.

9 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Really?

I guess. Kitt Harrington just isn't all that interesting an actor.

Kit is fine, and probably more capable than some of the other younger actors, but his material was always super bland. They just didn't know what to do with that character.

26 minutes ago, mstrox said:

If Drax types in any word with an S in it, his keyboard autocompletes to change the "s" to a "th"

I just figured it was a faulty keyboard or something. 

6 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Middle-Earth was set on a different planet, too...

Nope.

Tolkien's concept was that, at some point, Elves will have come back to Eriador and dig a canal that would it from the mainland, forming what would eventually become Britian.

Nevertheless, continuing invasions of that island - including those of the Romans (Rumhoth) - would make them retreat again et voilà!

Just now, Chen G. said:

Nope.

Tolkien's concept was that, at some point, Elves will have come back to Eriador and dig a canal that would seperate Britian from Europe. Invasions of that island - including those of the Romans (Rumhoth) would make them retreat again and voilà!

You seem to have an irony-deficiency I've noticed.