GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

Here's a good article that explains HDR10 vs Dolby Vision vs HDR10+

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/hdr10-vs-dolby-vision

Seems like HDR10 and now HDR10+ is really becoming much more of a standard because companies have to pay a licensing fee to use Dolby Vision.  And it seems like HDR10+ made a lot of improvements over HDR10 to bring it more in line with what Dolby Vision was capable of

On 4/8/2022 at 7:28 PM, Nick1Ø66 said:

Cool! Pics?

27F59F34-9235-4D21-9CA7-E90F7E7DD257.jpeg

Isn’t it amazing? Amazon wanted a Game of Thrones of its very own, and they’re actually modeling it after the later seasons of GoT by plowing ahead without source material. Sheer fucking hubris!

On 12/08/2022 at 11:46 AM, Edmilson said:

They probably just wanted him to finish the damn books so they had something to work with lol

The turning point for the TV series came in S4 E2, (“The Lion and the Rose” — the one with Joffrey’s wedding). The episode, which mainly adapts Chapter 60 (out of 80) of the third book, had originally been written by GRRM himself, who (up through this point) wrote one episode per season. But the showrunners changed the episode in ways that were unacceptable to GRRM, and that’s when he ragequit his involvement in the show, supposedly to go work on his books. The episode turned out pretty good, IIRC, but several plots were set in motion in a very different direction from GRRM’s novels — i.e., failing to set up several of the plotlines of the fourth and fifth books (which were already published at that point).

On some level, can you blame GRRM for not finishing his books after all? Because even if he had finished them, the showrunners had already shown that they were going to do whatever they wanted. That’s got to be demoralizing AF.

1 hour ago, Pellaeon said:

The episode turned out pretty good, IIRC, but several plots were set in motion in a very different direction from GRRM’s novels — i.e., failing to set up several of the plotlines of the fourth and fifth books (which were already published at that point).

How so?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The sixth book is coming! Eventually... In about a year or ten...

George R.R. Martin Says ‘The Winds of Winter’ Is Now Three-Quarters Finished

The author gave Stephen Colbert an update on the long-awaited 'Game of Thrones' novel — and how he wishes he could take a dragon to the Kremlin.

• 3 weeks later...

I already shared it on the House of the Dragon thread, but I might as weel leave it here.

This is the first part of a series of videos I will upload analyzing the soundtrack for House of the Dragon, this first part being about familiar themes returning from the Game of Thrones show, and how Djawadi repurposes them in new and interesting ways. I hope you enjoy this part and the rest of my analysis which will also be shared in here. Feel free to share any thoughs, corrections or additions you might have!

Here's the second part of my breakdown of the themes of the show, this time focusing on all the different themes and motifs for the central character of the show, Princess Rhaenyra.

Djawadi created several different ideas that he develops through the season (and I'm sure will come back in future seasons) and I tried my best to comment them all, their meaning, and their development in each episode. I even did a complete analysis on one of my favorite cues of the season, The Crown of Jaeharys, which features almost all of Rhaenyra's themes into one single, glorious cue.

Hope you enjoy it! Feel free to share your thoughts and be sure to stay tuned for next part, where I will cover the different themes for the Black side of the story (Viserys, Daemon and House Velaryon).

And here's the third part of my breakdown of the themes of the show, this time focusing on all the different themes and motifs for the character in the black side of the story, Viserys, Daemon and the members of House Velaryon.

Djawadi created many different ideas for all this characters, some more prominent than others, and I'm sure he will get to develop many of them as the seasons go on. I tried my best to comment them all, their meaning, and their development in each episode, so I hope you enjoy it, and feel free to share your thoughts!

Next in line is the last part of my analysis, covering the themes for the greens, as well as some secondary ideas worth mentioning. Enjoy!

And finally, my fourth and last part of my analysis is here. I hope you all enjoyed my breakdowns as much as I enjoyed doing them! This time we cover the Hightower themes, plus some secondary ideas like the Dance of Dragons theme, the Betrayal theme or the Funeral theme.

Hope you enjoy, and feel free to share your thoughs!