GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

Yup. I want to remain as spoiler free as I can, so I am hoping some book-readers (Incanus, SF1 Freeze) will come in here and tell us their own interpretations on Westeros religion from the books, rather than me going out to other sites and reading about it there.

There is a nice segment on the blurays about the Westeros religions explaining it really well while staying spoiler free;

Oh, great, thanks! Will watch soon. The blu rays are on my Christmas list, hopefully Santa brings them :)

I wish Season 3 would come out by Christmas time, instead of only a few weeks before Season 4.

I like Davos more and more. Jon is starting to lose his way. For a whole season he was basically henpecked by Igrytte, nails her, then flees for some reason (his inability to chop peoples heads of is not doing him any favours)

Davos as a book viewpoint character is also one of my favorites.

Well, the reason is that Jon was undercover on the orders of Quorin Halfhand ( a throwaway line easily to be missed in season 2). He did what he had to do to get all the informations on the wildlings and their plans, killing an innocent farmer wasn't part of that.

That reminds me of one of the things I didn't understand about Jon Snow. In season 2 he easily kills the night watch leader guy in order to get the wildlings to take him in and introduce him to their leader. Yet in season 3 he is unable to kill an old horse-farmer in order to keep his cover. Why?

As nice of a guy as Jon Snow is, I was surprised he was not willing to sacrifice ONE farmer to keep his cover going, which as far as he knows is needed to help save HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS from dying.

Maybe the book explains his motivation better.

Why does she always wear that scarf thingy around her entire head? Does the character have some kind of deformity?

Why do you find Diana Rigg repulsive, Lee? Did you expect to fancy someone at her age? Or is there another reason.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Now I see what you mean.

7drf.jpg

Karol

Tywin is bad ass isn't he?

Charles Dance is terrifying.

He's fucking awesome in this.

He's fucking awesome in this.

Amen to that.

The only character who seems to be in control of anything.

Karol

Charles Dance was actually the actor I wanted play to Tywin Lannister from the day one as I thought he would be perfect for the role as I read the novels. And I got my wish. :)

He is just brilliant in the role and brings a good many layers to the man, more in fact than the novel lets us know. I like that he is multi-dimensional and not just the bullying tyrant of a father, thanks to the writers of the show. He actually has very noble goals and motivations from his own perspective. He is just going about realizing them in the most effective, brutal grim and harsh manner as he is such an unyealding and strict and hard man. But he really knows how to rule, which is a quality most other characters lack.

Diana Rig is repulsive in this unfortunately. And I didn't know she could chew scenery so greedily.

She is great!

A bit skeletal perhaps.

Oh Diana Rigg is again a perfect choice for the role. The casting choice took me a bit by surprise at first but she owned the role from the first time we got to see her. Her scene with Charles Dance was one of the best in the 3rd season. Both have enormous screen presence.

I would never put 2 and 2 together myself. Until 15 minutes ago when I googled her.

It's not like she resembles herself much these days.

Karol

I want call GOT bold until this very thing happens!

Karol

Pushing the envelope in all areas of modern television! Old people should have their moment to shine!

The show is pretty predictable in who will take their clothes of and who won't.

And that is why we turn this on every week, to see who takes theirs clothes off. One day there will be someone unexpected nude on our TVs and we will gasp in astonishment!

The moment I saw Dutch actress Carice van Houten was on the show I knew she would be a game girl.

Yeah. And she actually had one plot pertinent nude scene in the 2nd season, the only one taken from the novels in fact. :P

:lol: And so again the dirty dancing with dragons begins!

Oh yes, our blooming flower. Almost forgot about her.

She might be actually the only character that survives this whole ordeal, mostly by keeping her head down. Given her track record so far.

Karol

Charles Dance is indeed fantastic as Tywin Lannister in GOT. I was unfamiliar with him (other than Last Action Hero) before seeing the show but he just nails it.

The few scenes Tywin has had with Cersei and with Tyrion (and with both!) have been among the best scenes in the entire show.

And yes, the actress playing Grandma Tyrell is great as well, and her scene with Tywin was brilliant! Going in you didn't know who would win in a tete-a-tete with Tywin, though I think the wise would have bet on Tywin and would have been right. Though you feel with a little more prep and plotting, she could have had the upper hand, and perhaps she will next time (if there is one)

Wait, there are people reading this thread who aren't caught up on the show? Why would you do that?

hehe, I was totally gonna keep pretending like I haven't seen that episode, but then I remembered how my last "prank" ended. tsk tsk, dis place ain't no fun!

tumblr_m53y4eQHWX1qbgmyg.gif

Wait, there are people reading this thread who aren't caught up on the show?

well, you seem to think there are ;)

Well this is the funniest thing I've seen on the internet today. Only putting it in a spoiler tag because it is tall and spoils Season 3 events, it's totally safe if you're caught up on the show