Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

As a Williams fan, considering this is our best shot on having a new score from him over the next years, I actually want this movie to happen. It could be Williams' final action/adventure score, so I'm game for it.

Expect something similar to Lincoln.  

5 hours ago, Quintus said:

is that Indiana Jones will have a dignified send-off

11 minutes ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

The best send-off to Indiana Jones would be

uhhhh

ahem

sequel-bits.jpg

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

As a Williams fan, considering this is our best shot on having a new score from him over the next years, I actually want this movie to happen. It could be Williams' final action/adventure score, so I'm game for it.

I rather want a Stanley and Iris: 30 Years Later

(A Netflix Original)

I never understood what people get out of action music. I want John Williams' career to end on a beautiful, lyrical note, and not on a Mickey Mousing note.

How about Indy 5 takes place in a contemporary world, during the trump presidency, brexit,etc. He has lived this long because he drank from Christ cup. Throw in a well thought out Mcguffin.

I know spielberg has said before he would never use the Nazi's as villains again but they really are thecbestcmost hissable villains. Russians are blasé. The Kali were a one time thing. 

21 minutes ago, Quintus said:

This post is not even satire.

No, its not.  The score, if he does it, will be marked by the same bittersweet vibe and melodic intervals found in Lincoln.  It will still be good and feel mostly IJish, in the same way TROS is good is feels mostly SWish.  

8 hours ago, Quintus said:

I'm not excited. When the best you can hope for from an Indy movie is that Indiana Jones will have a dignified send-off, it's pretty fuckin' depressing.

He'll go to Switzerland and get done with it.

1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

How about Indy 5 takes place in a contemporary world, during the trump presidency, brexit,etc. He has lived this long because he drank from Christ cup. Throw in a well thought out Mcguffin.

On this movie, Indy will have to overcome hard challenges such as:

-Being cancelled on Twitter due to a controversial tweet from 2010;

-Dealing with furious trolls on social media just because he kinda liked the Star Wars sequel trilogy and the last season of Game of Thrones;

-Trying to find something to watch on Netflix in less than 2 hours;

-Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Found the mobile user

And is that a problem that i use my phone on desk top

10 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

I hope it acts as a more sentimental conclusion than KotCS.  That movie was oddly light-weight emotionally.  

I think with "emotionally light-weight" you mean infantile garbage. 

8 hours ago, Edmilson said:

On this movie, Indy will have to overcome hard challenges such as:

-Being cancelled on Twitter due to a controversial tweet from 2010;

-Dealing with furious trolls on social media just because he kinda liked the Star Wars sequel trilogy and the last season of Game of Thrones;

-Trying to find something to watch on Netflix in less than 2 hours;

-Coronavirus

Raping his mentor's underage daughter might not fly either.  

Looks like some Pre Indy V activities and buzz for a 4K release of the Indy saga. Lets hope there is some discussion to redo the Definitive soundtrack restoration. 2021 is also RAIDERS 40th Anniversary. 

https://www.thedigitalfix.com/film/home-releases-news/indiana-jones-4k-blu-ray-2021/

"in a desire to pass along Indy’s whip to a new generation to bring their perspective to the story." 

So the film will probably be about Indy passing on the whip to someone younger, probably his daughter. I don't mind. Judging by the quality of Indy IV it's quite possible that the film will turn out better without Steven. And not least, JW can spend his precious time on something that inspires him more.

4 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

I care more about Williams being tied to this than Spielberg.  An official Indy movie without a Williams score would be: :pukeface:

I do kinda wish Spielberg would direct it though.

I think a John Powell Indy score would be pretty great. 

1 minute ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

If we end up being able to say that John Williams has scored films for both Rian Johnson and James Mangold, I'm gonna lose my fucking mind.

I can't tell whether you think that's a good thing or a bad thing.

1 minute ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

If we end up being able to say that John Williams has scored films for both Rian Johnson and James Mangold, I'm gonna lose my fucking mind.

We can avoid the whole thing if they just get Johnson to do Indy V!

I really don't care about the movie, more about the possibility of a new (final?) action score by John Williams.

Now, an Indiana Jones movie scored by Marco Beltrami and his enourmous army of ghost writers and arrangers? Really? 

10 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I can't tell whether you think that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I love when Williams gets to work with directors that he normally would never work with, even if it's for your normal franchise fare.