Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Is he contractually obligated to appear in every major franchise???

James Bond

Marvel

Star Wars

Potterverse

And now Indiana Jones!

You forgot about the Hannibal Shared Cinematic Universe!

33 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Great piece of casting news! Excited by Mads and Phoebe. I'm almost getting a father/daughter vibe.

It is very promising!

One of the biggest disappointments of KOTCS for me was the underwhelming characters written for actors Ray Winstone and ESPECIALLY John Hurt.

12 hours ago, Jay said:

We were planning on watching Another Round this weekend! (it's free on Hulu)

It's one of the best films from last year. I love Mikkelsen's constant rotation between big Hollywood blockbusters and smaller independent films, often in his home country. He has a new one in Denmark too, RETTFERDIGHETENS RYTTERE, which will open at a festival here in Norway soon, and which I look forward to very much. Casting him in an INDY film sounds perfect to me.

2 hours ago, Thor said:

I wonder what the Paramount logo will morph into this time? This being the 70s (presumably), my bet is on a lava lamp! :)

I think this film is 100% Lucasfilm-Disney, though i would love if Paramount could enter as producing company too... and we get the logo. After all Bad robot could get into Star wars didnt it?

8 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Spielberg sees the franchise as an assurance to get other less commercial projects made.

So he keeps the next installment as hostage until they agree to finance his less commercial films.

8 hours ago, Bellosh said:

It is very promising!

One of the biggest disappointments of KOTCS for me was the underwhelming characters written for actors Ray Winstone and ESPECIALLY John Hurt.

Good grief, John Hurt was horrifically wasted in that film. Frankly so was Winstone, his character was fucking atrocious.

Such a promising cast almost completely wasted (Blanchett was about the only one who knew exactly what the film was trying to be and hammed it up accordingly).

Thank fuck David Koepp is nowhere near this project anymore.

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

So he keeps the next installment as hostage until they agree to finance his less commercial films.

Spielberg: You give me money so I can make a movie about myself and I'll give you another Indiana Jones movie.

Money people: Deal!

11 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I think this film is 100% Lucasfilm-Disney, though i would love if Paramount could enter as producing company too... and we get the logo. After all Bad robot could get into Star wars didnt it?

The Avengers and Iron Man 3 are also Disney movies and both feature the Paramount logo at the beginning for some reason. Maybe the same will happen to Indy 5?

6 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Good grief, John Hurt was horrifically wasted in that film. Frankly so was Winstone, that character was just fucking atrocious.

Such a promising cast completely wasted. Thank fuck David Koepp is nowhere near this project anymore.

And Jim Broadbent. The cast really was wasted

2 minutes ago, Romão said:

Absolutely, him too. The most predictable and lazy archetype to replace Marcus Brody as possible.

7 hours ago, crumbs said:

Thank fuck David Koepp is nowhere near this project anymore.

Did you not read my previous response to the names of the screenwriters? 😎

On 4/14/2021 at 10:48 PM, bruce marshall said:

Screenshot_2021-04-16-12-15-54.png

7 hours ago, Romão said:

Indeed, and with arguably the strongest cast out of all the entries!

They also found some way to make Cate Blanchett completely unappealing. Go figure.

43 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

I think it would be cool for a brief mention or cameo from Mutt. I prefer when sequels in franchises actually acknowledge their shittier installments, instead of trying to hide them. 

"What do you think did this, kid? Aliens?" 

47 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

I prefer when sequels in franchises actually acknowledge their shittier installments, instead of trying to hide them. 

Yeah, I hear that.

Hot take:

I'd welcome Shia LaBeouf to reprise his role.  Hopefully ditching 'Mutt' (which I've never liked) and just go with his name, Henry.

Shia's done some good work since 2008, and has proved himself as a decent actor.

1 hour ago, Bellosh said:

Hot take:

I'd welcome Shia LaBeouf to reprise his role.  Hopefully ditching 'Mutt' (which I've never liked) and just go with his name, Henry.

Shia's done some good work since 2008, and has proved himself as a decent actor.

Right.

What's the gripe about his character?

Typical negative JW!😍FAN bitching!😡

what they made him do (jungle vines and sword fight) was kinda cringe at times. Shia did the best he could with that.  that role was doomed from the start.

the diner/exposition scene and chase through academia was really good though.