Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

We Finns do not laugh when film makers try to pass our country as Russia in films. But I think with our typical need for outside validation we delight in every opporturnity to show off our country.

Although we did try to pass Germany as Finnish Lapland in Big Game.

It's all part of Australia's odd and intangible cultural cringe. Seeing our own cities in an American film or even someone with an Australian accent in a Hollywood flick is like that feeling you get when you hear your own voice on tape.

Of course, because the Batwing hauls the nuke out to sea. Except that's not possible when you use Pittsburgh as part of your Gotham. Took me right out of the film.

This is because you're from Pittsburgh. No one else gave it a second thought. It worked.

I'm from Pittsburgh. I don't know anyone from Pittsburg.

Anyone who can understand simple geography can appreciate how dumb it made the movie editors in those scenes.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The hourly news bulletin on the radio in work just before:

The missile which brought down the commercial flight over Ukraine last year has been confirmed to be of Russian origin. The Americans blame the Russian rebels but they deny any part. And Steven Spielberg has told reporters he's making Indiana Jones 5 with Harrison Ford. Next on Heart, the traffic.

:eh:

Yea I know you know, I just figured I should post the video here since it was discussed in another thread

I wonder if Spielberg truly would do an Indy 5 with Harrison?

This is a huge relief for me. If there is to be another Indiana Jones movie, which is a risky endevour no matter how you cut it, I want it to be Spielberg, Ford, and Williams. If those three aren't on board I don't want there to be another.

The joke will be on us when it goes into pre-production.

I can't wait for Conan O'Brien's old joke of Indiana Jones and the Comfortable Bed come to reality. People just bring the treasures to the old Indy who is lying in bed because he is, you know, too old to go on another adventure.

The joke will be on us when it goes into pre-production.

I can't wait for Conan O'Brien's old joke of Indiana Jones and the Comfortable Bed come to reality. People just bring the treasures to the old Indy who is lying in bed because he is, you know, too old to go on another adventure.
They did that twenty years ago in the first young Indy episode.

Disney needs to give the fans the Indiana Jones/Rocketeer crossover we've been wishing for since 1991.

Disney needs to fucking release The Rocketeer over here already!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That’s the future in front of Kennedy: building out a universe that someone loved so much he made the rest of us love it too. It’s like continuing the construction of a cathedral someone else designed, or being the commander of a generations-long starship mission. It is an honor, but I suspect also a burden. Kennedy has made nearly 100 movies in her career, not all about dinosaurs and ray guns. Maybe, I ask, she might want Lucasfilm to make something else? Something new?

“I’ve talked about it with everybody at Disney. Alan [Horn, chair of Walt Disney Studios] is very supportive of it. But at the same time, he’s right when he says we’ve got a lot on our plate,” Kennedy says. She takes a breath. “And then I’ll be working with them on Indiana Jones.”

New Indiana Jones. I need to take a moment.

From http://www.wired.com/2015/11/building-the-star-wars-universe/

Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy seems to confirm in this recent interview that another Indiana Jones is happening.

My original prediction was that someone would play a younger version of him in flashbacks and it would be a Godfather Part II type storyline. Or kinda like the episode of Young Indiana Jones. But maybe they'd do it with CGI to make him look younger, like Jeff Bridges in Tron 2.

Given what has transpired with Lucasfilm and this new Star Wars, I'm starting to think they'll go full fanboy with the next one. They'll ignore Crystal Skull and he'll kill people, womanize, probably go after a religious artifact and not deliver his dialogue like it's the Blade Runner theatrical version voiceover.