Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be 80 in 2022. Turns out both John Williams conductor  and John Williams guitarist 🎸 are older than Han/Indy.

Ford can take comfort in the fact that the much younger Daniel Craig sustained a knee injury whilst shooting an action sequence for No Time To Die (of course, the effect Covid has had on its release date has made any shooting delay kind of irrelevant).    

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Is there any word on whether Karen Allen will be involved in this? Or are they just going to ignore the fact that Indy is married to her character?

Indy is wearing a wedding ring from some of the pics we've seen of Ford in costume so, at the very least, they're not gonna ignore the fact that he's married I don't think. 

https://nypost.com/2021/06/30/harrison-fords-injury-delays-indiana-jones-5-longer-than-expected/

Sounds like his injury might be worse than thought? But I would take this article with a couple teaspoons of salt. They refer to Ford as a “Best Actor Oscar Winner” - Ford has never won an Oscar. Only nominated. 

I would wait for an official confirmation before getting too worried. If they have to postpone production that long, it'll get announced. 

Curious to know if a potential 3 month delay was already factored into the schedule (due to potential complications with COVID). 

They might just delay until Christmas next year and push Avatar back. I can't see that film being ready next year. 

Agree, that is a good observation and should make for a nice point of comparison, for both us here and future William’s scholars & film music historians.

It also tells me, however, that @blondheimalmost certainly has a mild case of OCD going on.

36 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Agree, that is a good observation and should make for a nice point of comparison, for both us here and future William’s scholars & film music historians.

It also tells me, however, that @blondheimalmost certainly has a mild case of OCD going on.

Indiana Jone 4 was released 3 years after the end of the prequel trilogy, and Indiana Jones 5 will be released 3 years after the end of the sequel trilogy: the math checks out!

8 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Where's my OT and ST-era Jurassic Park score?

be953d794c8dfe3e6640ba15088de204.jpgbe953d794c8dfe3e6640ba15088de204.jpg

10 hours ago, WampaRat said:

Injury can't be too severe if a) he's walking around in only a sling and b) he's remained in London for his medical treatment. I'd be worried about the film's schedule if he flew back to the US.

I'm guessing they'll just delay all the action sequences and prioritize the rest.

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

Injury can't be too severe...he's remained in London for his medical treatment. I'd be worried about the film's schedule if he flew back to the US.

Are you saying you doubt the tender ministrations of the NHS?

44 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Are you saying you doubt the tender ministrations of the NHS?

Not in the slightest. Just theorizing that if the injury was bad enough that it meant 3 months of recovery (according to the Sun), he would've returned to the US to recuperate at home.

The fact he stayed in London implies the injury isn't that bad (and they'll probably just shoot around it with lots of closeups until he's ready to resume action scenes).

As for any contest between health care systems in the US vs UK, well, that's a whole other topic! :P

On 7/1/2021 at 1:12 PM, Alex said:

The Sun cited in the New York Post is probably not the most reliable of sources...

Reported in the Sun, cited by the Post, and posted on JWFan.

Sounds about right.

Just film the damn thing so Williams can score it

I'd rather have a ultra shitty Indy movie with a Williams score than a great Indy movie with no Williams score

and yeah ford looks good for his age in these pictures

I read Kathleen Kennedy wasn't taking the decisions at Lucasfilm anymore...does that affect Williams scoring the movie now?

44 minutes ago, King Mark said:

I'd rather have a ultra shitty Indy movie with a Williams score than a great Indy movie with no Williams score

I'd rather have no Indy film and Williams scoring other cool features...

I read Kathleen Kennedy wasn't taking the decisions at Lucasfilm anymore...

Just a rumor

does that affect Williams scoring the movie now?

Of course not

1 hour ago, King Mark said:

Me too. As I said a few days ago on this thread, I really don't care about the movie, I just want Williams' score. 

Also, the "ultra shitty Indy movie with a great Williams score" already exists, it is called Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

Also, the "ultra shitty Indy movie with a great Williams score" already exists, it is called Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

So we can't look forward to another one? ;)

Yavar

12 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

So we can't look forward to another one? ;)

Yavar

As much as I don't care about the movie, but considering that I'm gonna watch it anyway so I hope that is at least marginally better than the abomination that was Crystal Skull.

6 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

I don’t know what this means. You eat the salsa straight out of the bowl? And people keep inviting you to parties after you this?

The chips are fine but I wouldn't be eating tortilla chips if there wasn't salsa.

22 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Bring back George Lucas!

Nah, he's too busy making experimental films enjoying all that Disney stock.

15 hours ago, Edmilson said:

But is it a great score?  Really?  I just can't get into it for some reason. 

I'd rather have a great movie and an ok score than the other way around. 

2 hours ago, Demodex said:

But is it a great score?  Really?  I just can't get into it for some reason. 

Yeah, it's a little hard to appreciate it because the OST is not well structured and the recording sessions are a bit too long. But you can use the latter to create a playlist that will make you appreciate the score more.