Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

Right, cause gay people can't have children... 

Oh crap, right 

Though there's a chance she wouldn't be his genetic offspring (either from adoption or using the other partner for artificial insemination).  How are we supposed to know how she got strong and smart if she's not related by blood to a pre-established character?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, JNHFan2000 said:

That would make sense. Brody has been dead for quite some time though. Would that make sense timeline wise? It depends on how old Phoebe's character is. And it could of course be that the godfather line is just a joke. We'll see.

They are still being very secretive about the film. Not revealing a title, character names or even some kind of premise.

Well more importantly if she is, it lends itself to Indy wanting to jump back into the game of adventuring if that was something the teaser/plot hints at.  Indy and Brody were clearly very close.

2 hours ago, Bellosh said:

Maybe she's Brody's granddaughter!

That would make total sense with the godfather.

Yeah I’d much rather have that be the case than another long lost child of Dr Jones. I’m sure Mangold would too!

44 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

xsk2hlk8r3n91.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&

My heart. This is perfect. Don’t know if Shorty pops up in this film. But that would be a cherry on top.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

"The astounding John Williams" gets a larger applause than George Lucas :lol:

OK, now that is funny! 

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

A video of James Mangold's comments. "The astounding John Williams" gets a larger applause than George Lucas :lol:

The elation on his face at ~2:10 when he mentions working with JW is so heartwarming.

Around 2:25 he says they had more scoring sessions yesterday, so the score must be nearing completion.

Funny thought I had while watching this: which album did they utilize the Raiders March for them walking up onto the stage:lol:

He was there because he has been added to the cast of Loki Season 2.

This is just a picture of them backstage. It would of course be amazing if he was in it, but he has said multiple times that he's not.

But who knows, Andrew Garfield denied for months that he wasn't in No Way Home...

6 hours ago, ragoz350 said:

Ke Huy Quan (Short Round) has already denied his involvement in the film :)

"First of all, I don’t want to spread any rumors: I’m not in Indy 5." 

(Source)

Frank Marshall posted a pic of him, Ke, and Kathy on Instagram and of course people asked him if was in the film and Frank actually responded and said no, sadly😔

2 hours ago, crocodile said:

He was absolutely amazing in Everything Everywhere All At Once. What a way to come back. :)

Karol

There's an amazing interview with him. I can't find it now, but he talks about having dinner with I think the producer or some people connected to the film before it was made, and they didn't know he was in Temple of Doom. Something like they met through some mutual friends and not through acting channels. Anyway, someone happened to bring up Temple of Doom and Ke Huy Quan said, "I was in that." 

Update: Found it!

"The reason I got Finding 'Ohana was, I was with some friends, and one of my friends started talking to the director Jude Weng. I'm listening to this conversation, and I hear Jude Weng talking about how she's getting ready to do a movie for Netflix called Finding 'Ohana; it's kind of like Indiana Jones-meets-The Goonies. I'm hearing this, and I'm like, wait a minute, I think I'm in both of those movies! So I got up, and I introduced myself, and four months later, I got a call from her saying, 'Hey, would like to be a part of this?' It was a small role, but it was a really nice and much-needed warm-up for Everything Everywhere..., so I was just really happy to do it."

So how does it work where audience members were allowed to keep their cell phones and film Ford on stage talking before the trailer and post that, but nobody has posted the trailer?

Did audience members have to sign a form saying that staff could take their phones if they were caught filming the trailer or something?

Even if that was the case, how did no one leave their recording running after filming the guys talking on stage, and at least record the audio of the trailer?

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

So how does it work where audience members were allowed to keep their cell phones and film Ford on stage talking before the trailer and post that, but nobody has posted the trailer?

Did audience members have to sign a form saying that staff could take their phones if they were caught filming the trailer or something?

Even if that was the case, how did no one leave their recording running after filming the guys talking on stage, and at least record the audio of the trailer?

I saw somewhere stating that they had night vision to catch people filming after the teaser started playing, so I assume if they caught people maybe they made them delete the footage. Or, and I doubt this, maybe everyone followed the rules and no one videoed it? @Manakin Skywalkerhas been searching everywhere for it though, even the Indy leaks subreddit has been empty.

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

Exactly my point though; Even if the audience knew they couldn't get away with a video recording, how has the audio not leaked?  You don't have to hold your phone up to record the audio.

True, it is very odd. And for the TROS promo that was only shown to whatever audience it was for, was that ever leaked? I hope they release the Indy V teaser just like they released that.

I get and don’t get the secrecy, especially with the internet. Like yeah, it’s special for those thousand or so people to be there and be the only people to see it, but then every news outlet and fans make sure to memorize everything and then post breakdowns on social media, so then it’s not a special secret anymore. On the other hand, no one knows the title either, so maybe they don’t have one yet or they’re waiting for the whole world to know with a teaser drop(or even worse, only finding out at the release date). I’m betting it’s like a TROS instance, where they drop it with the teaser whenever that goes internet live, which would be nice in front of Fabelmans.

10 hours ago, Brando said:

True, it is very odd. And for the TROS promo that was only shown to whatever audience it was for, was that ever leaked? I hope they release the Indy V teaser just like they released that.

So D23 in 2019 was August 23rd-25th. The TROS promo dropped the 26th, after everyone heard about it via the internet. Wish they would just go ahead and drop it.

After no title reveal at D23 I'm quite sure they'll announce the title like with Avengers: Endgame.

The title of the video from the trailer was called 'Avengers 4 Trailer'. I bet they'll do it like 'Indiana Jones 5 Trailer' with a title reveal in the trailer itself

11 hours ago, Edmilson said:

The Mouse demands absolute obedience!

I would laugh, but it's really no joke.

I can forsee a time when Disney will move in to property, land, technologies, commerce, food and drink, transport, communication, and housing.

It will become the largest and most invasive cooperation in the world. There will not be any aspect of life that will not be controlled by Disney.

You want a vision of the future?

Imagine this...

11 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Evil Mickey Mouse Head, HD Png Download - kindpng

... stamping on a human face, forever.

1 hour ago, JNHFan2000 said:

After no title reveal at D23 I'm quite sure they'll announce the title like with Avengers: Endgame.

The title of the video from the trailer was called 'Avengers 4 Trailer'. I bet they'll do it like 'Indiana Jones 5 Trailer' with a title reveal in the trailer itself

Yeah, the upload was just "Marvel Studios' Avengers - Official Trailer"

Could be a fun way to do it. 

“I miss the desert,” Sallah says over a bunch of the footage. “I miss the city. I miss waking up every morning wondering what wonderful adventure that day will bring to us.” “Those days are come and gone,” says Indy. “Perhaps,” answers Sallah. “Perhaps not.”

“I don’t believe in magic,” Indy says. “But a few times in my life I’ve seen things. Things I can’t explain. And I’ve come to believe it’s not so much what you believe, it’s how hard you believe it.”

Source: Gizmodo

2 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

“I don’t believe in magic,” Indy says.

Really? Even after seeing the Ark of Covenant melting the faces of Nazis, the Sankara stones and a dude that has been living since the Middle Ages due to the Holy Grail? That's a little hard to believe, but okay.

24 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Really? Even after seeing the Ark of Covenant melting the faces of Nazis, the Sankara stones and a dude that has been living since the Middle Ages due to the Holy Grail? That's a little hard to believe, but okay.

“But a few times in my life I’ve seen things. Things I can’t explain. And I’ve come to believe it’s not so much what you believe, it’s how hard you believe it.”

3 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Really? Even after seeing the Ark of Covenant melting the faces of Nazis...

He didn't see the Ark Of The Covenant melting the faces of Nazis.

In order to survive, both Indy, and Marion had to keep their eyes shut.

I know Sean Connery was still alive by Indy 4, but Henry Sr. being dead by that point made sense storywise and Sean Connery was retired by that point.

It would not be fair to Karen Allen to write her out of the film. It would actually be insulting. She's still a working actress, but has plenty of time to shoot some scenes. I would be (kinda) okay if she's not going on the journey with Indy. But if that's the case, at least make the reason why she's not coming be her choice, and a choice Indy makes. Let her be in some scenes at the start and the end. Let her explain the reason why she's not coming. And make it valid.

Which means we will hear her theme. Wouldn't it be nice if Anne-Sophie Mutter could be featured as a soloist to mark this occasion? Would suit slightly older Marion perfectly. :)

Karol

3 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

It was either that or a funeral, remembrance over a stock photograph…

thankfully they didnt kill her.

There were some photos leaked of what looks like a funeral procession, but it could be for someone else...But yea, hopefully she doesn't die or is in the process of dying.

5 hours ago, TownerFan said:

"According to Making Star Wars..."

is "Making Star Wars" a proper source?  I'm truly asking cause I legitimately haven't got a clue