Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

3 minutes ago, Clockwork Angel said:

1xn4.gif

Let's face it; he's not the most dynamic, or committed, actor, is he?

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Shot in Scotland, thank you, kindly :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m sure there were a lot of cooks in the kitchen that didn’t want to acknowledge “old Indy” and thought they could just lamp shade over things with dumb one-liners and call it a day. Glad to see them (apparently) digging into the idea in a thoughtful manner while still providing the thrills and spills we’re all expecting. 

“To me, whatever you greatest liability, you should fly straight towards that.”

What’s more “Indiana Jones” than that? :)

What a lame announcement. And god damn Harrison looks old but I’m sure he’ll be awesome in the movie. He’s clearly still ready for action movies considering he just signed on for a huge Marvel role. Also James Mangold is a perfect choice for this especially after he already did a farewell film with “Logan.”

For this movie though I’m mostly excited for Williams’ score considering it’s his last. It’s fitting considering Raiders might be his best score (Besides “Empire” for me maybe).

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

I love how old Indy still works in the costume, but he looks transformed from a youthful adventurer into a grizzled detective on the hunt for clues in some globetrotting mystery. The shadowy shot in the bar (albeit a posed photo) looks delightfully film noir. 

It's exactly the change in tone I was hoping KOCS would take fifteen years ago (especially with the Cold War setting, which they wasted) but it seems like Mangold is embracing it. I think this bodes well. 

Pair that with Williams' Golden Hollywood approach to the score and the tone of this film is coming together nicely. 

Ford states in that Empire article that the film is “complex and sneaky”. Sounds like a good indicator of potential Indy sleuthing! 

Great!!!! I love Mikkelsen and he's always great!!!

I'm so curious who the rest of the cast plays. Who does Antonio Banderas play??? Who does Toby Jones play??? Who does Thomas Kretschman play???? Who does Boyd Holbrook play???

I think he'll be chasing a McGuffin that he thinks can change history, but ultimately it won't be possible (or will have inadvertent consequences, like the Monkey's Paw). 

I suspect finding a way to resurrect Hitler will be part of the plot, as that was one of the ideas in Darabont's abandoned Indy 4 script. 

Mikkelsen looks perfect there too. Just ooozes Indiana Jones villain energy. 

First look at Boyd Holbrook too. 

1 minute ago, Jaaaackified said:

What's the chance of this film is just named "Indy"? 

Id say slim at this point. There was a production crew hat with “Indy”on it.  
(Frank Marshal tweeted it a while back once production wrapped) 

It would be pretty silly to do an official title reveal at this point and have that be the name when it was already shared by the producer a couple months ago. (My thinking at least!)

9 minutes ago, Jaaaackified said:

What's the chance of this film is just named "Indy"? 

I know Mangold did that with Logan, but I doubt he’d do it for Indy V. I suppose with the Marvel movies, there’s not exactly a standard for having a title and subtitle, but with Indiana Jones there is. I don’t think he’d want to break precedent and not have a subtitle.

3 minutes ago, WampaRat said:

They’ll throw a curveball:

Raiders of the Indiana Jones (That you used to love)

Disney Exec: “We thought it was important to take the series back to its roots blah blah blah..” 😜

Raiders of the Star Wars (since according to Indiana Jones 5 Will Pit Indy Against Nazis Again, In 1969 – Exclusive | Movies | Empire (empireonline.com), this one is set during the time of Space Race) 

7 minutes ago, Jaaaackified said:

Raiders of the Star Wars (since according to Indiana Jones 5 Will Pit Indy Against Nazis Again, In 1969 – Exclusive | Movies | Empire (empireonline.com), this one is set during the time of Space Race) 

Raiders of Men in Black 3

3 hours ago, Andy said:

I wear Indiana Jones gear daily.  It’s my over 50 look.  I love that Ford has legitimized the look for any of us into our senior years. 

Could you name the vendors, if you don't mind?  Like, is your hat an AdventureBilt, Penman, Steele & Jones, etc.?

My hat and jacket are from Steele & Jones. :)

Penitent, an Indy Gear enthusiast

oooh!  Steele & Jones make great jackets!  I’m dying to get a Steele &Jones ToD jacket distressed to hell as seen in the finale.  

Right now:

Hat: Advintage Temple of Doom (I’d like a Cairo hat from him too)

Jacket:Wested Raiders Legacy

Shirt: Azuma Raiders

Boots: old Aldens 405s

Pants: Wested

Whip: Joe Strain 8ft Raiders

20 minutes ago, Andy said:

oooh!  Steele & Jones make great jackets!  I’m dying to get a Steele &Jones ToD jacket distressed to hell as seen in the finale.  

Right now:

Hat: Advintage Temple of Doom (I’d like a Cairo hat from him too)

Jacket:Wested Raiders Legacy

Shirt: Azuma Raiders

Boots: old Aldens 405s

Pants: Wested

Whip: Joe Strain 8ft Raiders

Nice collection!

Here's mine:

Hat: Steele & Jones Raiders "Raven Bar"

Jacket: Steele & Jones Raiders "Bantu"

Shirt: WPG

Pants: WPG (I plan on upgrading from both of these in the near-ish future)

Web Belt: Brass/Brown from Army Universe

Boots: Magnoli Adventure Boots (Saddle, Low-Profile Combat Sole)

Bag+Strap: Magnoli (Raiders Strap)

Gunbelt: FranklinPrattLeather on Etsy (Raiders w/ Riveted Whipholder)

Holster: Todd's Costumes Raiders Holster

Whip: Magnoli (Natural Tan)

Gun: Tanaka PFC M1917 (Via Todd's Costumes)

Man. I’ve wanted a pair of genuine Alden Indy boots for a while now. But I’ve always ended up needing to feed my kids instead 😆

Love the amount of costume detail and history documented on the Indygear site!

https://www.indygear.com/igboots.html

7D772AE6-CE2D-4398-B8E0-8FEFBC8B6ECF.jpeg