Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

7 minutes ago, WampaRat said:

I can’t imagine they would hold an event like this and not have something unique to offer.

On the Discord server I'm apart of, someone said a couple hours ago a trailer for a new Transformers movie dropped, so I'm betting they will.

2 minutes ago, Tom Guernsey said:

It’s not even like Harry Potter where you could reasonably assume it was Indiana Jones and the X of Y.

At least until the 6th and 7th books when she changed it up!

it looks so...'Marvel movie-ish'

trailer music is absolute garbage.

he looks de-aged for pretty much every scene. not something i was expecting, but not completely ignorant to.

The shot of Indy on the horse in NYC is evident to how de-aging can look so cheesy.

I have a feeling the story will be good though.

i'm somewhat less excited about the film now.

The score though....holy shit I can't wait for that.  You can't de-age a score, hollywood!

That last scene is pure Indiana jones. VFX are atrocious bug again, no judgement on that yet. I think there is a great deal of de-aging, not that it's badly done but there are also tons of shots without it so of course it's more visible. Overall the picture quality looks a bit cartoon-y for me but it could be fun :) 

Also, I usually like trailer music, that one is just horrible.

Looks like it could very well be good. (Although no trailer is good enough to preclude the possibility of the film being terrible.) Fingers crossed!

And yeah, I got onboard with a lot of the trailer music for the Star Wars ST, but this track is just terrible.

Well, it doesn't look terrible... :D

Not a fan of the oddly-rephrased Raiders March theme they've got. I get they're trying to do something like the Star Wars eps 7-9 trailers with sweeping, big nostalgic versions of familiar themes. But I just don't think that works for Indy's music. Except for possibly in Temple of Doom where Shorty gives Indy back his hat after breaking free of the Black Sleep of Kali. 

And I am deathly tired of how many movies have their color tint shifted towards yellowish-orangeish ( No Time To Die, etc.). If we must have a shifted color palette, can we at least try something different, please?

Still, it was exciting to watch. And I'm pretty sure I'll be there opening night. 

57 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

The shot of Indy on the horse in NYC is evident to how de-aging can look so cheesy.

That is a complete facial replacement, not de-aging. The big parade scene was filmed on location (Glasgow for NYC) while Ford was injured. Looks like they did some pick-up shots with him later on (not on location), but all the horse stuff is another actor with Ford’s face. I doubt he would have saddled up himself even without the injury, but it’s regrettable that he was out of commission for such a major sequence. Hopefully it will be harder to tell in the finished product.

3 minutes ago, SpaceCoyote said:

That is a complete facial replacement, not de-aging. The big parade scene was filmed on location (Glasgow for NYC) while Ford was injured. Looks like they did some pick-up shots with him later on (not on location), but all the horse stuff is another actor with Ford’s face. I doubt he would have saddled up himself even without the injury, but it’s regrettable that he was out of commission for such a major sequence. Hopefully it will be harder to tell in the finished product.

Oh dang. Interesting.

That's why it looks so awful 

27 minutes ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

Why does this look like Kamiński?

color too vivid, too saturated, and contrast too sharp

but several shots are well-constructed and looks like we are going to have a whole lot of JW action music

22 minutes ago, Bespin said:

The dial of destiny? What does that mean? I need the French title ASAP!

atm-dial-destiny-telephone-dial_1_a9874214b41a3d381003df6eed2dac24.jpg

You can see the artifact in the trailer it look like that but with symbols…

lets see how they translate it.

i like the deaged scenes, lets see how they are in the final film on the big screen….