Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

2 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

INDIANA JONES AND THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY :lol:

1 hour ago, Tom Guernsey said:

...and the Final Frontier?

...and the Search for Sallah?

...and the Wrath of Brody?

Then, a few years later, the reboot: Indiana Jones Into Darkness and the sequel Indiana Jones Beyond!

20 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Then, a few years later, the reboot: Indiana Jones Into Darkness and the sequel Indiana Jones Beyond!

No no. I have it on good authority that Chris Pine CANNOT be Indiana Jones.

16 hours ago, Edmilson said:

He can have his body and likeness scanned for future Deepfake movies with him, not a problem. 

He won't pass on the royalty checks.

3 hours ago, Kasey Kockroach said:

It’s fascinating how no one in my vicinity cares about this. Not even dad’s mentioned it.

Oh my, I hope a small group of people with the same experience don't start claiming Indiana Jones was never important.

15 hours ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

erased-from-existence-doesnt-exist.gif

You see, on October 21 2015 I went to school in my worst McFly cosplay expecting at least a few people to remember what day it was... turns out no one even knew about BTTF... except my teacher, who I convinced to exhibit the movie. So I don't doubt there's a lot of people out there who don't even know Indiana Jones.

I am not really expecting much from the film. The trailers look fine but I also really liked the trailers for Crystal Skull so there's that. I am excited about John Williams' score though. It can even be the weakest score of the five and I will still probably like it. My only hope is that the film is a decent enough "accompaniment" to it. But it's not something I am terribly excited about. Hopefully, it's OK.

Karol

There would have to be a scene where a brief appearance even makes sense.  Unless the cameo was thought of early on, it just does not seem very likely.  Jamming him in there inorganically could come off as clumsy as Ted Danson in SPR.    

13 minutes ago, Tom Guernsey said:

Not sure if it was for better or worse as a result, but The Thin Red Line featured an almost endless stream of cameos by famous stars which gets kinda strange after a while in an otherwise pretty serious movie. 

Holy shit yes! It was literally just one scene after another with: "wait he's in this movie too?!?!". "Is that John Travolta?!?!"