Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

14 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

that and AI matches their 'glossy' looking movies.

god i hope this score is good.  i can't deal with another shit indy movie.

I feel like the possibility of it being shitty has always been a part of anticipating this.

"I'm excited to watch the new Indiana Jones even if it's shitty" 

10 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

I feel like the possibility of it being shitty has always been a part of anticipating this.

"I'm excited to watch the new Indiana Jones even if it's shitty" 

I guess I meant all the baggage (ie fans always bringing up their shit opinions on the shit movies) when a franchise has a bad outing. It's just so hard to avoid. The same ole boring takes. Even if they are correct.

It's like I have my problems with crystal skull but they left my mouth the car ride home in 2008...ya know what I mean?

23 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Especially now people just keep repeating same arguments (like how the TLJ discourse is still going even though everything that can be said about it has been)

Yeah exactly. It's 2023 and I still see Twitter reply guys saying "aliens shouldn't exist in Indiana Jones" or whatever 

Like whoaaaa!!! What a hot take!!!

1 hour ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Especially now people just keep repeating same arguments (like how the TLJ discourse is still going even though everything that can be said about it has been)

I wouldn’t keep trashing TLJ if people would stop inexplicably singing its praises. It’s a terrible Star Wars story and a complete wet fart of a movie on its own merits.

1 hour ago, Bellosh said:

Yeah exactly. It's 2023 and I still see Twitter reply guys saying "aliens shouldn't exist in Indiana Jones" or whatever

I’m not a fan of Crystal Skull, but I never understood this complaint. Ark of the Covenant wraiths and the existence of Kali are believable, but aliens are too hard to accept? Ok.

8 minutes ago, A. A. Ron said:

I wouldn’t keep trashing TLJ if people would stop inexplicably singing its praises. It’s a terrible Star Wars story and a complete wet fart of a movie on its own merits.

you're acting like the prequels don't exist

star wars seems to have so many 'wet farts' that it might as well be pants filled with shit at this point. Either change the pants or just sit in the shit. (Pinterest quote or something)

Star wars was never going to have more than 1 or 2 "critically acclaimed" movies. Ever.  I mean just look at the movie title: star. wars. Its the same with Indy.

3 hours ago, Bellosh said:

I didn't have a smartphone at the time. So at my first job out of college I'd print out multiple threads at my works printer and would go take a shit while reading the forum on printed pages.

Amazing times.

This is one of the best things I’ve ever read on this forum😂😂😂😂😂

i would legit roll them up and stuff them in my back pocket....so it looked like it was 'work-related' but if anyone ever saw me, they would have known my position at the job did NOT require anything of that sort! :lol:

i'll never forget reading the indy concord set threads!!  it was surreal to see OTHER people worrying about if we get the british relief cue.

21 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

The funny thing is he still does it!

lol well now we ALL DO IT!

15 minutes ago, Andy said:

His workplace had to order reams and reams of replacement paper so he could get caught up on "Who's the Sexiest Celebrity These Days?" and "The Star Wars Disenchantment Thread?"

I do believe he had an unfair mindset advantage on. "Describe Your Latest Bowel Movement With a Song Title"

lmao!!! 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Wow, I wouldn’t read the cast list on that poster if you want to avoid spoilers. How strange that they included it there.

Yeah, I was going to look up something on IMDB and I had that very thought.

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Wow, I wouldn’t read the cast list on that poster if you want to avoid spoilers. How strange that they included it there.

Thank you for the warning. 

48 minutes ago, crumbs said:

International poster, maybe for China?

indiana-jones-and-the-dial-of-destiny-wi

Why is Indy's face being obscured in almost every poster?

It's kind of a Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible thing. He's so distinctive you don't need to see his face.

14 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

It's kind of a Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible thing. He's so distinctive you don't need to see his face.

I feel like they've missed a huge opportunity for a poster with both young/deaged Indy alongside his older self, like a mirrored reflection or something stylised. I dunno.

7 minutes ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

I swear, some people just need everything spelled out to them.

Who watches The Last Crusade and not realize its...not a conclusion, but a farewell. I'm not even talking about the closing shot, but also the fact it starts with a flashback to Indy's childhood, that it deals with his father (whose James Bond), its called THE LAST Crusade: anything and everything about it screams "final entry."

But some people really needed that "The End" title there.

11 hours ago, Chen G. said:

I swear, some people just need everything spelled out to them.

Who watches The Last Crusade and not realize its...not a conclusion, but a farewell. I'm not even talking about the closing shot, but also the fact it starts with a flashback to Indy's childhood, that it deals with his father (whose James Bond), its called THE LAST Crusade: anything and everything about it screams "final entry."

But some people really needed that "The End" title there.

yeah, plus Harrison was pushing his age in Temple and is too old in this one. if anything, the only thing that doesn't work in that sense is that it feels like you're missing some adventures. instead you get the pilot, the weird episode, and suddenly it's over.