Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

15 hours ago, Brónach said:

It would be an outlier but i would have gone for a 90 minute movie

Wouldn't be the worst idea. I mean, Raiders is only 112 minutes...

I like long movies, but they fit a certain kind of filmmaking that has no place in an Indy film.

The kind of epic films that sail past the 170-minute mark are feasts. An Indiana Jones film is a sugar-packed snack.

around here there are a bunch of these that play like variations on "the kids spend the summer in the family village" to various results and vibes, often the filmmakers' village. Summer 1993, Alcarràs, seemingly 20000 Species of Bees, and others that I want to remember but I forgot. they can be similar to some of those french movies like Tomboy or Water Lilies, perhaps even drier lol

Well, for what it's worth, I booked my tickets for 20:30 showing on the 28th. I know absolutely next to nothing about the movie and it will remain like that until I see it. I have no high hopes and my main draw is Williams' score anyway. If the film is no good, then I don't pay for this specific ticket anyway. I've used my Odeon Limitless membership.

Karol

I'll also go to a 20:00 screening on the 28th - so far the only non-dubbed screening in my city.

Tickets still haven´t appeared at the local cinema where I live (the south of Chile). This is slightly stranged as every other movie is available. I am worried I might have to travel to another city just to see this film.

12 hours ago, Gabriel Bezerra said:

I'm surprised Disney didn't block it, it might be because the quality isn't great.

VIII and IX are not blocked.

Nice job on the trailer.  

14 hours ago, Gabriel Bezerra said:

No ticket sales yet around here too, I'm getting worried.

In the meantime, I did a not-so-good edit of the movies and Young Indy, just throwing this here. I'm surprised Disney didn't block it, it might be because the quality isn't great.

Very cool👏👏👏can I share this in a Facebook group?

Has anyone mentioned how Ford's performance is in this film compared to the others? I know most people have said he's really good in it, but specifically I'm curious if it varies in any way from how he portrayed Indy in KOTCS.

11 hours ago, crumbs said:

How cute is this first clip with Ke Huy, excitedly pointing out some music from Temple of Doom playing on the red carpet:

George really does look ill, he's not walking straight

6 hours ago, Alex said:

Unsurprisingly “The Critical Drinker” on YouTube hates this film, but he’d already made that decision before seeing it.

As did Kathleen Kennedy, before making it.

22 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

Guarantee you never blamed her for KOTCS

Honest question for you...

Why is Kathleen Kennedy the boogieman to you guys?  I'm genuinely curious.

You think with Lucas and Spielberg doing KOTCS, Kennedy had something to say? 😂😂😂

While a lot of disdain towards KK is irrational and wrapped up in other unsavory things, you're on some wack shit if you think the situation is the same with KOTCS as it is now. Kathleen Kennedy isn't just a 'producer', she's the President of Lucasfilm, essentially the new George Lucas. That makes her responsible for significantly more things regarding Lucasfilm productions in this day and age

"essentially the new George Lucas".....:lol:

Judge him or not, dude was a visionary.  There's no comparison.  President of Lucasfilm, yawn, just a title.

But you're on some 'wack shit' if you think she's in total control of all that makes any of these films 'bad'.

also my KOTCS point had nothing to do with 'who was in charge' but more so with how the outrage was handled.

It's simply possible that an Indiana Jones 5 with Indy being that age was never going to be critically acclaimed.  Same with Star Wars 187386123862, or however many there are.

It kind of reminds me of the history of misplaced public infatuation with Disney CEOs, because of the association 

Like quick, name another studio CEO or president of any production company who wasn't also a writer/director 

yeah i'm by no means thinking everything she has done is perfect. because that would also be close to impossible.

they simply can't even answer basic questions as to why she is the sole problem besides she's the president.

they just cherry-pick what they think are the bad ones (even if they are) and disregard the good.  still not sure who else that happens to?

but lets not forget most people who cry her name are probably not far away from the type of people that harassed the actress who played Rose in TLJ