Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion is a tricky situation, because they married at the end of 4.  You can’t ignore her, so you either have to include her in the movie or have Indy staring longingly at a production still like he did with Connery in KOTCS.

Frank Marshall give us a hint about the identity of this "Helena"... 

Okay, so it seems I was wrong thinking she could be Helena of Troy...

So...

Spoiler

If Helena is really the goddaughter of Indy, I mean by blood line, it means that Indy have a brother or a sister... or probably more an unknown half brother or sister (another child of Henry Sr)... 

AH THESE JONES!!! :lol:

6 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

TLC would suggest that Indy is an only child.

Spoiler

Henry Sr. may have had a child he didn’t know existed (with another woman than Indy's mother).

It happened to his son too! :lol:

I guess it works better than everyone assuming it was his daughter, which is from Young Indy, right? It would just be super awkward to do the secret kid thing twice. 

...though he never said in Crystal Skull that he had no kids, right? Maybe she was off at college while on his adventures with Shia. 

I’d say Making Star Wars has a good track record of leaks. Shoot they reported on TROS’s opening being dropped and readded back to the opening and a lot of flip flopping of scenes months before the premiere. 

49 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Brody was gay you idiots!

No one was gay in 1937, except Toddy aka not Senór Gomez from Barcelona.

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Would be interesting if she were Mac's daughter.  There was a time he and Indy were friends.

I actually enjoyed Mac's character for what he was. I think part of it is the accent:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

What is up with that awful modern “epic” trailer music?? This is supposed to be JW’s last score (and for a classic franchise!), and they really went this route for the trailer rather than play his own music from the franchise?

1 minute ago, Tydirium said:

What is up with that awful modern “epic” trailer music?? This is supposed to be JW’s last score (and for a classic franchise!), and they really went this route for the trailer rather than play his own music from the franchise?

I’m not completely surprised. I had a feeling it’d be something like this. However, at least there wasn’t any BWAAAMMMMM’s

3 minutes ago, Tydirium said:

What is up with that awful trailer music?? This is supposed to be JW’s last score (and for a classic franchise!), and they really went this route for the trailer rather than play his own music from the franchise?

this has been an unfortunate trend in so many famous franchises coming back to the big screen. main theme played incredibly slowed down on piano.  it's atrocious.  but i could careless about trailer music.  KOTCS used the actual Raiders March and we all know how that movie went.

There was no way we’d see a trailer with anything except tinkling piano Raiders March—->Power Synth Raider March.  My question is whether they’ll trailerize OTHER Indy themes for later trailers and TV spots, like they did with Star Wars.

We all knew that was coming

Now there will just be a series of changing mirrors until they finally release it (or a similar teaser) officially

Here's one that works for now

http://kukulcan.de/indy.mp4

18 minutes ago, Jay said:

We all knew that was coming

Now there will just be a series of changing mirrors until they finally release it (or a similar teaser) officially

Here's one that works for now

http://kukulcan.de/indy.mp4

And…it’s down 😆 Luckily I caught it! Can’t wait!

11 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Such an abundance of amazing looking scenes for Williams to score... think we're in for a treat with his score.

Can’t wait to hear only a quarter of it on album ;)