Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, WampaRat said:

Speaking of lost (character) arcs, this one’s an oldie but a goodie. Never actually watched it until last week. Fun lens to view the series through:

Curious to see how Dr Jones view of the world will be so late in his life. I feel (hope) the “its not what you believe but how hard you believe it” line from the bootleg teaser is a line taken out of context. But maybe not. After all Jones tends to “make things up as [he] goes…”

Added that video to my watchlist, seems interesting!

3 hours ago, WampaRat said:

Speaking of lost (character) arcs, this one’s an oldie but a goodie. Never actually watched it until last week. Fun lens to view the series through:

I liked this; thanks for sharing it here! Not a fan of Crystal Skull or Temple overall, but he does a good job putting them in context and I like the idea of the beginning of Last Crusade coming before Temple. I'm very optimistic that the fifth film will be a fitting end to the franchise.

Yavar

Might be Indy related! If it is, seems kinda odd they would have a magazine reveal the title instead of an official press release from Lucasfilm though. I guess it would be clever(?) marketing?

Trying to think of what else it could be. Maybe just a hyped-up car add 😆

2 hours ago, Jay said:

it'll be the first trailer for the movie, right?

With a time announcement, maybe? Idk, kinda weird that a magazine is dropping something at noon tomorrow.

1 hour ago, WampaRat said:

Might just be another production still or a teaser poster (with just the release date) Trying to temper my own expectations…

Well James Mangold confirmed a trailer was coming this month, so I can't see it being anything else.

48 minutes ago, Andy said:

Or maybe the entire film will be streaming early tomorrow on Paramount+ 

i actually really hope this movie is released on streaming services the day it comes out.

i really dont want some shitheads laughing or cracking old Indy or Ford jokes, whatever.  It will just take me out of it.

audiences are trash these days, atleast i've had such a bad string of viewings

It won’t be the trailer, it’ll be the first volley of the promotional barrage - an article with some interviews and stills, quite possibly a title.  Similar to the Vanity Faire/EW/Empire articles they’ve used to start the promotion cycles for various Star Wars projects under Disney over the last 8 years or so.

The trailer will be tied to Avatar and will drop online around the time of its release.

55 minutes ago, mstrox said:

The trailer will be tied to Avatar and will drop online around the time of its release.

Anyone remember if any of the Star Wars trailers premiered in front of other films? I recall people speculating about that every year but never coming to fruition; instead the trailers would just drop randomly online.

Plus Avatar 2 isn't releasing until Dec. 16, and JM said "in less than a month" last week. So that timeframe wouldn't add up. It will still likely play in front of Avatar, but I don't imagine it will premiere then.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Empire is a British magazine, not an American magazine, so it's dropping for them locally at 5PM, the end of their Friday work day before the weekend

Oh duh, you told me this like a week or two ago in a different thread. I thought the British magazine was a different name, not Empire🤣

Trailer, teaser, or sizzle reel… I ain’t watching!  No spoilers for me. 

@Bellosh I don’t have too many problems with audiences, but unless it’s an IMAX presentation, the sound is never well balanced or loud enough for my taste.  Multiplex theaters seem like they crank the trailers loud, and then play the feature quietly.  And yet you still hear the bass from the adjacent theater. 

20 minutes ago, Andy said:

the sound is never well balanced or loud enough for my taste.  Multiplex theaters seem like they crank the trailers loud, and then play the feature quietly.  And yet you still hear the bass from the adjacent theater. 

Maybe you just have hearing loss.

;)

Or listening fatigue from the Obnoxious trailers.

Although a trailer will likely drop soon after (maybe ever tomorrow) I'm now starting to think that this might not be a teaser/trailer, considering this is a magazine publisher and a trailer would be on Lucasfilm's YouTube channel. 

Most likely this will be a title reveal, maybe even the official poster.

56 minutes ago, Clockwork Angel said:

Maybe you just have hearing loss.

;)

Or listening fatigue from the Obnoxious trailers.

Oh I’ve considered the hearing loss as a possibility, and the trailers definitely condition your ears for that horrible level.  

Dawn of the Dead got a theatrical release recently and across the board the number one complaint was it was too quiet.  I think people are used to cranking it at home, as am I. 

Interesting nugget of info popped up from Antonio Banderas during an interview on a Spanish TV show regarding his role in the movie (via our friends at theraider.net)

"It's a really short role. There's not much of it. It was a pleasure to work under the production of Steven Spielberg and to work with Harrison Ford. It was beautiful. 

I felt a bit lazy to do it because I was rehearsing [for my musical]. He [Ford] had a physical problem and the filming of the movie had to be postponed a little bit. I was scheduled to finish [filming my role] just as I was starting rehearsals. We had planned it that way. But he had a physical problem, so during rehearsals I had to go to Sicily for a week, then to Pinewood Studios in London. And then due to the COVID issue the shooting was stopped and I had to go back there again in February. Which was detrimental to the performances in Malaga".

http://raven.theraider.net/threads/promotional-content-teasers-trailers-publicity-images-etc.24728/page-19

original interview:

https://www.antena3.com/programas/el-hormiguero/entrevista/entrevista-completa-antonio-banderas_20221115637412eb8746c3000141642c.html

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Ah. Now I see it. Nice!

I didn’t realize it was supposed to be ticker tape in the artwork. 
Looked like “lighting…fire..power of God or somethin’…”