Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, JNHFan2000 said:

The man on the right looks like Toby Jones.

Pretty sure it is, because we saw photos a while ago of him with Ford who wore tracking markers on his face (thus being from shooting that prologue).

Ya same! I just hope there’s a bit more intensity to the action music and that it’s not all in his lighter “Basket Games” mode, if that makes any sense.

I thought Crystal Skull bopped along in that mode a bit too much. Outside of a bar or two in “Jungle Chase” or “Ants”, the music didn’t really help us feel like anyone was in real danger (90% a fault of the story/direction I confess. But I felt Williams coulda seasoned in a bit more intensity, musically speaking.)

Gimme something like “Battle of the Resistance” for that opening prologue! 😃

7 minutes ago, WampaRat said:

Ya same! I just hope there’s a bit more intensity to the action music and that it’s not all in his lighter “Basket Games” mode, if that makes any sense.

I thought Crystal Skull bopped along in that mode a bit too much. Outside of a bar or two in “Jungle Chase” or “Ants”, the music didn’t really help us feel like anyone was in real danger (90% a fault of the story/direction I confess. But I felt Williams coulda seasoned in a bit more intensity, musically speaking.)

Gimme something like “Battle of the Resistance” for that opening prologue! 😃

Latter half of Warehouse Escape? With the dattattadattattadattatta trumpets?

31 minutes ago, Clockwork Angel said:

Latter half of Warehouse Escape? With the dattattadattattadattatta trumpets?

Sure. THAT part, yes ;)

There’s a handful of other moments I glossed over. The movie just colored my perception of the score. 

I will say I always dug that chugging building ostinato Williams whips up in “Spell of the Skull” at 3:12. Wish it had come back at some point in the soundtrack. 

6 minutes ago, greenturnedblue said:

Here's to hoping JW reprises his Nazi theme from The Last Crusade :lovethis: Maybe even the grail theme if it is mentioned, like the brief Ark statement in the warehouse during KotCS

I think a new Nazi theme could work too (depending on the film's tone as the TLC theme has a kind of comedic bent to it). 

There’s a big Disney Comic Con event happening in Brazil on Thursday, December 1st (Tomorrow). That’s supposed to feature Indy V. Any wagers on if the title/trailer will officially be revealed then? 

https://collider.com/indiana-jones-5-mandalorian-season-3-ccxp-lucasfilm-panel/

3 minutes ago, WampaRat said:

There’s a big Disney Comic Con event happening in Brazil on Thursday, December 1st (Tomorrow). That’s supposed to feature Indy V. Any wagers on if the title/trailer will officially be revealed then? 

https://collider.com/indiana-jones-5-mandalorian-season-3-ccxp-lucasfilm-panel/

If I were to guess the trailer and title reveal would happen around the time Avatar 2 comes out. Just before Christmas, maximum exposure. Wouldn't expect it before.

Karol

They gotta release the title officially at that event at least. Wouldn’t you think? They usually have something fun to show at those big promotions. Maybe they’ll release another image or a teaser poster. 

“Marcus, if I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn’t be more surprised than I am now”🤣🤣

Also, saw this today in my Indiana Jones Facebook group. I legitimately thought this shot was a stunt double and then they put Fords face over it.1DF0DB39-C49E-4B8D-BC55-4218971D1D82.jpeg

Sweet! Glad to see they did some pickups and shot more footage with Ford in those scenes. I’m sure it was a similar situation to ToD when he was out for a bit with his back injury. Shoot around him, use a double here and there, then when he’s recovered get his closeups etc to sell the scene. 

Hopefully they cover their doubles a bit better than in ToD (See Vic Armstrong below 😆)

71F2AEBF-15B9-4A60-A8B3-69A73F7BAA99.jpeg

18 minutes ago, WampaRat said:

Sweet! Glad to see they did some pickups and shot more footage with Ford in those scenes. I’m sure it was a similar situation to ToD when he was out for a bit with his back injury. Shoot around him, use a double here and there, then when he’s recovered get his closeups etc to sell the scene. 

Hopefully they cover their doubles a bit better than in ToD (See Vic Armstrong below 😆)

71F2AEBF-15B9-4A60-A8B3-69A73F7BAA99.jpeg

This one truly baffles me. Because when you watch that shot, he hides it pretty well UNTIL she stops right next to him and drops the light. Even still, Armstrong resembles him pretty well, I didn't notice this "blunder" until maybe last year or so.

I love that he looks down for most of the shot. But when he does look up it’s like he suddenly remembers he shouldn’t be and ducks back down. I’m sure Spielberg was just done helping Capshaw stay calm from the bugs (with some helpful muscle relaxers!) and called it a day 😆

20 minutes ago, WampaRat said:

I love that he looks down for most of the shot. But when he does look up it’s like he suddenly remembers he shouldn’t be and ducks back down

Thats the funniest part because it really does seem like he momentarily forgot what was going on:lol::lol: