Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

It's only a rough idea. Of course there will be fantasy to the plot, but the story will be what I wrote, Indy's search for family etc. The fantasy elements will come from the travelling and the artifact, treasures etc.

I'd personally like it if it turned out that the story was being told by Indiana in his old age rather than a flat-out reboot. I could see Chris Pratt working as Indy.

That'd be great. I don't want Ford to be completely swept under the rug. If we could have some element like this, a passing of the torch, that'd be great.

I'df personally like it if it turned out that the story was being told by Indiana in his old age rather than a flat-out reboot. I could see Chris Pratt working as Indy.

Just put Chris Pratt in old age make-up.

Why wouldn't you want John Williams to score it?

Simply because he's scored 4 already. I would like to hear different peoples takes on things, which is why I'm very excited to hear a Desplat score for the Star Wars universe. I want new and fresh stuff. Just another Spielberg, Williams, Ford Indiana Jones Film doesn't interest me at all. I would see it of course, but it doesn't interest me to see the same stuff redone time and time again.

There most likely won't be an Indy 5 (a fresh reboot instead), but if there is, Williams should do it if he's willing and able. Nobody is able to going to do it better than him... just look at the other franchises he's done... Superman, Jaws, Jurassic Park, Home Alone, Harry Potter, Star Wars... all of Williams scores are the arguably better than those that followed.

I'df personally like it if it turned out that the story was being told by Indiana in his old age rather than a flat-out reboot. I could see Chris Pratt working as Indy.

Just put Chris Pratt in old age make-up.

It worked seamlessly in Prometheus.

Since people keep on mentioning Pratt, I'll keep on mentioning Ingruber!

9acaec0257dd9a0f1c7d47d8b1128422.jpg

:lol:

Is Chris Pratt truly the new great classic actor? Humprey Bogart, Gary Grant, James Stewart, Harrison ford, ... Chris Pratt?

If they want to re-cast indy...

The 5th film should be a story whose mcguffin intertwines two different eras, indy looking for it in the 30s and now in the 50s. That way you can have both ford and ...pratt? in them, and then if it works, have the new actor continuing.

They could even kill ford's old indy.. so no Bond situation reboot could happen :D

*croaky voice* Now that sounds like a great idea!

Again: Quintus was in a bad mood when he watched the film. He had a headache, he wanted to pee, and the guy sitting next to him kept on farting during the whole film. Not the best conditions to appreciate the film. But he'll come around.

In real life my mood has been immeasurably improved for weeks now. It's only on here that my caricature acts otherwise.

That sounds awful. Ingruber is no Ford. He's just an impersonator.

It's like hiring a hooker that looks like Scarlett Johansson. Might be close, but still not the real thing.

Is that who did Mad Max? Lol

Dutch film composer Tom Holkenberg (AKA Junkie XL)

He looks the part but I'm yet to see the quantity of charisma required to take over from Ford, plus he's only a few octaves above David Beckham when he speaks. Not exactly a gruff voice box on him.

If they want to re-cast indy...

The 5th film should be a story whose mcguffin intertwines two different eras, indy looking for it in the 30s and now in the 50s. That way you can have both ford and ...pratt? in them, and then if it works, have the new actor continuing.

They could even kill ford's old indy.. so no Bond situation reboot could happen :D

Actually, it isn't a bad idea.

He looks the part but I'm yet to see the quantity of charisma required to take over from Ford, plus he's only a few octaves above David Beckham when he speaks. Not exactly a gruff voice box on him.

I'm unsure about Chris Pratt, but I don't think a new actor would have to impersonate Ford for the role. I can enjoy different angles.

It seems like these actors start appearing in a bunch of shit and everyone suddenly wants to see them in everything. Like what's-his-face that played the android in Prometheus being another example.

I think men have higher voices now than they used to.

It seems like these actors start appearing in a bunch of shit and everyone suddenly wants to see them in everything. Like what's-his-face that played the android in Prometheus being another example.

Prometheus? That's Fassbender already on his way down.

And not Pratt, please.

I feel like people only want him because he played a Han Solo kind of character in Guardians Of The Galaxy, nothing more than that.

The guy doesn't feel Indy to me.

He also played a Han Solo-like part in Jurassic World.

Karol

George Clooney, for example. It has nothing to do with acting abilities, it's more of a presence.

Not that I think Clooney should play Indy, of course. Just giving a random example.

Karol