Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎2016‎-‎03‎-‎17 at 6:58 AM, Bespin said:

This new Indy movie will took place in what... 1968?

Hmm... Vietnam War...Martin Luther King... the Space Race/Apollo 6, 7 & 8... Robert F. Kennedy....

A Great year for an Indy movie...

Oh... Bermuda Triangle... and Atlantis...

Explanation attempts

Persons accepting the Bermuda Triangle as a real phenomenon have offered a number of explanatory approaches.

Paranormal explanations

Triangle writers have used a number of supernatural concepts to explain the events. One explanation pins the blame on leftover technology from the mythical lost continent of Atlantis. Sometimes connected to the Atlantis story is the submerged rock formation known as the Bimini Road off the island of Bimini in the Bahamas, which is in the Triangle by some definitions. Followers of the purported psychic Edgar Cayce take his prediction that evidence of Atlantis would be found in 1968 as referring to the discovery of the Bimini Road. Believers describe the formation as a road, wall, or other structure, but the Bimini Road is of natural origin.[25]

Source :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_Triangle

43 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

Fate of Atlantis updated to the 60s with old bearded Indy and Susan Sarandon as Sophia Hapgood?

I'd watch that

23 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

Not unless he wants to wash the bad taste out of his mouth from the last one.

I'm on board with a completely non-autopilot Spielberg doing something daring with a really old hero. It doesn't even need to be very actiony, he just needs to be a really smart and brave old professor with a wee bit mysterious luck. But then again last time my enthusiasm came from the exact same concept and, well...

3 years doesn't seem like enough time to conceive, script, pre-produce, film, and post-produce this movie.

Lucasfilm has reportedly had an office for IJ development for some time, and I'm sure ideas have been floating around Kennedy's/Spielberg's/etc's heads for some time.  With that said, there were only 3 years between Raiders and ToD.  3 years is a pretty long time to make a movie, even a movie this big.

7 hours ago, crumbs said:

Indy definitely needs to murder people, violently. Doubly so to compensate for the bloodless KOTCS.

Whipping people over and over again for shit and giggles! Thats what Indy has always been for me.

13 hours ago, Jay said:

3 years doesn't seem like enough time to conceive, script, pre-produce, film, and post-produce this movie.

That's the average time. They used to make 'm much faster in the so-called golden age of movies.

7 hours ago, crumbs said:

Indy definitely needs to murder people, violently. Doubly so to compensate for the bloodless KOTCS.

Indiana Jones VS Lara Croft: Dawn of Robber Archaeology

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I'm assuming that means they arent planning any kind of reboot or prequel and the new film will simply take place after the events of KOCS.

Yea.

30 minutes ago, Drax said:

In this movie, Indy goes to the moon. Imagine the map segue of Indy's Saturn V spaceship's journey from the earth represented by that red line.

It would all be worth it if we got a performance of the Raiders March on theremin for the journey.

I've been reading surprises on the net that the film follows the plot of CRYSTAL SKULL. Seriously? Why is that so surprising? Indy/Ford is 10 years older, and the plot will account for that (taking place in the 60s). Plus, I'm a sucker for continuity, so I I'm relieved to hear this. I also belong to the three people who find CRYSTAL SKULL underrated (despite a couple of apparent flaws).

11 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I'm assuming that means they arent planning any kind of reboot or prequel and the new film will simply take place after the events of KOCS.

Nah, Indy and his son be squaring off against Irina Spalko's twin sister and Mac's son in pursuit of another set of crystal skulls, this time spread all across the globe. And Marion will file for divorce as well. And professor Oxley will disappear again. ;)

Nah, of course it will follow KOTCS. Ford is not getting any younger.

Karol

10 minutes ago, Thor said:

I've been reading surprises on the net that the film follows the plot of CRYSTAL SKULL. Seriously? Why is that so surprising? Indy/Ford is 10 years older, and the plot will account for that (taking place in the 60s). Plus, I'm a sucker for continuity, so I I'm relieved to hear this. I also belong to the three people who find CRYSTAL SKULL underrated (despite a couple of apparent flaws).

Make that four people!

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

Plus it's still Koepp writing.