Found some original Williams DAT tapes ...

pi

At sony recording stage there is a bunch of Williams Dat tapes (from the original sessions) , including 3-4 tapes of the NBC sessions and a couple of the terminal. Sorry I didn't swipe them though!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you ever go back for them put me on the list. Can you ask to "borrow" them?

Some of these NBC News themes are still unreleased. And Williams recorded new themes in 2004 ("Tom Brokaw" theme)_

Hmm but of course you need a DAT player...not so obvious in this day and age

Four tapes of DA 88 = a lot of NBC. Just thought I would drop in and say hi and offer a little tease for you guys!

I've been at sony stage a bunch but never noticed them there before. They are forgotten, yet I would never dare lift them from such a sacred place.

then we will have them trying to conjure up the stolen DAT tapes.... and find the JW fans hidden fort

Why not just swipe them, copy them, and then put them back?

That would be helpful if it was common place for someone to own the equipment to copy a DAT tape :P

I have a DAT recorder/player in my office and can easily transfer things to CD. I'm not advocating the begging/borrowing/stealing/etc of something that could get someone in trouble though.

I'm just sayin...

You guys are funny!

I'll try and break in today. Wait Hans Zimmer is on the stage....

You guys are funny!

I'll try and break in today. Wait Hans Zimmer is on the stage....

It's okay, murder on top of breaking, entering and theft isn't that much of an increase in sentence. And the judge would understand.

You guys are so silly!

I am not going to steal it! I need to work for the rest of my life :)

If you want I can post some pics of what sony looks like.

PS right now zimmer is there doing pirates 4.

Yes, please post some pics!

Not only of the entire studio, but of those DATs as well :)

So those DATs are just lying there in the middle of nowhere ?

Goes to show how much studios care that film scores get copied

So those DATs are just lying there in the middle of nowhere ?

Goes to show how much studios care that film scores get copied

Then one day we'll be hearing from the labels "we'd like to release The Terminal, but the masters are lost."

Four tapes of DA 88 = a lot of NBC. Just thought I would drop in and say hi and offer a little tease for you guys!

I've been at sony stage a bunch but never noticed them there before. They are forgotten, yet I would never dare lift them from such a sacred place.

I think it is quite irresponsible of you just left them there. So many people would be very careful keeping these kind of recordings safe, but now there's a considerable chance somebody just throws them away, I understand? On office that cannot manage to just carefully file these items isn't worth owning them, IMO. They're better off with a collector.

I guess one cannot upload a pic here with out html link?>

Except they aren't your (or my) property.

That's not how the business works here. The musicians leave their $100K instruments on the stage during lunch.

Its honor system people.

have you heard any of it?

not that i would totally believe you

you can upload pics to www.imageshack.us and then that will give you forum links after each upload

Guys, leave pi alone in regards to borrowing the tapes. He doesn't want to do it, so he's not going to. Asking him repeatedly won't change that.

Nope, I haven't heard any of Pirates IV, I just know they started recording yesterday and have the stage booked for a dozen or so days.

But - its ok you can believe me.

I guess one cannot upload a pic here with out html link?>

Except they aren't your (or my) property.

That's not how the business works here. The musicians leave their $100K instruments on the stage during lunch.

Its honor system people.

Of course ;)

But it is a waste, if you ask me.

Guys, leave pi alone in regards to borrowing the tapes. He doesn't want to do it, so he's not going to. Asking him repeatedly won't change that.

?? ...Nobody is asking him repeatedly, plus it's you who asked for pics, said 'You think we're funny, but we're dead serious' about breaking in to steal the tapes and said you'd even buy a DAT player :blink:;)

surely these are not the only copies... I mean NBC must have all the music, and I suppose Dreamworks also does.. so if they ever want to create expanded releases it won't be a problem

Four tapes of DA 88 = a lot of NBC. Just thought I would drop in and say hi and offer a little tease for you guys!I've been at sony stage a bunch but never noticed them there before. They are forgotten, yet I would never dare lift them from such a sacred place.
I think it is quite irresponsible of you just left them there. So many people would be very careful keeping these kind of recordings safe, but now there's a considerable chance somebody just throws them away, I understand? On office that cannot manage to just carefully file these items isn't worth owning them, IMO. They're better off with a collector.

have you heard any of it?not that i would totally believe you

screenshot20110301at323.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is a picture of the stage a few hours before one of my sessions.

The room is smaller then one would imagine, with a distinct smell of "old". It is perfectly imperfect.

Let me know if u have other questions.

What are the shirts on the wall? And are the DAT tapes in the black rubbish bin or the white rubbish bin?

Four tapes of DA 88 = a lot of NBC. Just thought I would drop in and say hi and offer a little tease for you guys!I've been at sony stage a bunch but never noticed them there before. They are forgotten, yet I would never dare lift them from such a sacred place.

have you heard any of it?not that i would totally believe you

screenshot20110301at323.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is a picture of the stage a few hours before one of my sessions.

The room is smaller then one would imagine, with a distinct smell of "old". It is perfectly imperfect.

Nice indeed! You're a session player, are you. What instrument?

pi has a job in a company and field many of us would kill to be in. I know, but fortunately the cops' trail went cold. :sarcasm:

He should not become a musical martyr for a few hours of music, and throw away his career.

Nope not a player. Higher on the food chain ;)

The shirts are all limit gimics the staff has. Inside jokes.

Any self-respecting John Williams fan would:

a) copy the DATs

b) sabotage the next recording so the world can be spared of more Hans Zimmer music

It's for the greater good!