Welcome to the new Review forum!

Jay

Welcome to the latest forum here at JWFan: The Reviews forum!

This forum was created because I noticed over the years that a lot of excellent posts by our users (including but not limited to the wonderfully eloquent ones by Incanus) that review scores or films would sometimes get lost, buried in "What was the last film you saw" or "What was the last score you listened to" type threads, or just in ones that are hard to find later in a search. I think those threads are still great for quick commentaries and ongoing discussions of specific things, but if you are interesting in posting your own reviews in a place that is easy for others to find and read and comment on, this is the place for you!

Feel free to review ANYTHING you want. Feel free to find old posts where you reviewed something before, and copy and paste your review into a new thread here.

Feel free to reply to people's reviews all you want, but please stay on topic. Keep general discussion to General Discussion, and try to keep the threads here consisting of reviews and people's comments about said reviews.

Have fun! :)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I want to review something that's has been already reviewed by somebody else am I supposed to create a new topic for that?

Good idea BTW. :)

(including but not limited to the wonderfully eloquent ones by Incanus)

By the way : where the hell is Incanus ?

Good question. I've been wondering about this myself.

Karol

If I want to review something that's has been already reviewed by somebody else am I supposed to create a new topic for that?

Good idea BTW. :)

Nope! Just reply to their thread!

The idea is good.

As a suggestion: In my opinion it would probably better to create four sub forums within the review forum for a better structure -> FILM, OST, BOOK, Non film score music

The idea is good.

As a suggestion: In my opinion it would probably better to create four sub forums within the review forum for a better structure -> FILM, OST, BOOK, Non film score music

I disagree. Most people aren't going into this thread looking for a specific review, rather, they're up for reading any number of reviews that others have made. Dividing a subforum that's already highly specific is just going to make it more complex to navigate through.

One of the mods should just create a thread with all of Incanus' brilliant reviews. It'd be handy to have them all in one spot.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

There are several more recent review posts where a member only posts a link to the review (to their review website). I think this opposes the purpose of this review section. This should be a collection of reviews on the JWFAN website completely independent from other sources!

Just imagine if one of these members takes his/her site offline. There won't be a working link anymore. The review posting and all follow up comments will be useless and make no sense.

In my opinion a new rule for this review board should be to include the whole text of the review on this website with the initial posting. Postings consisting only of links to a review on another website shouldn't be allowed anymore!

There are several more recent review posts where a member only posts a link to the review (to their review website). I think this opposes the purpose of this review section. This should be a collection of reviews on the JWFAN website completely independent from other sources!

Just imagine if one of these members takes his/her site offline. There won't be a working link anymore. The review posting and all follow up comments will be useless and make no sense.

In my opinion a new rule for this review board should be to include the whole text of the review on this website with the initial posting. Postings consisting only of links to a review on another website shouldn't be allowed anymore!

I agree with you. Make it so!

Oh wait.... I make it so!