Famous Objects From Classic Movies

Jacob

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The object from Memento is a joke. I see what it is now, but it just looks like a black square...

It's a picture :P

28/94

Although I wouldn't call movies like AI or Avatar "classics."

Avatar is not, but I feel A.I. is heading there.

AI will never be a classic, and never remembered as Avatar will be.

I got 87/35

I got 69/53.

Some were instantly recognizable. Others I had never even heard of but figured out purely by playing hangman well.

The object from Memento is a joke. I see what it is now, but it just looks like a black square...

That was actually one of the few that I knew instantly without a doubt what it was.

I gave up at 30-1, after missing one and realizing the game keeps going and going.

Ironically, the one I missed was Return of the Jedi. How the hell was that even remotely like the Death Star?

There were some I recognized but couldn't place the movie...like for King Kong, I realized it was the Empire State Building, but there are a bunch of movies where it is featured and I didn't think of King Kong for some reason.

etaoinshrd

Pronounced "E-TAO-IN-SHIRD" to help you remember.

The magical cheat code for all things Hangman. ;)

:yes:

I use etaoinsrhld, but yeah, that's pretty much the way to go.

etaoinshrd

Pronounced "E-TAO-IN-SHIRD" to help you remember.

The magical cheat code for all things Hangman. ;)

I'll have to try that one. It's one letter off from the RSTLNE of Wheel of Fortune. Other times I just try all the vowels first. I'm not after a perfect score. I'm sitting on 21/8 right now, and will finish later.

Maybe the word "classic" is unnecessary, but "Famous Objects from Movies" sounds just as dumb. Look at AMC, though; how many movies from the last 20 years are now commonly shown, and are not classics? The word's become a cliche.

I'm like Blume, I started off 14-2 but it takes too long.

I actually got ROTJ, it was obvious it was the second Death Star. But yeah some of the images are not what I would use. I got King Kong but I missed The Big Lebowski.

Plus you need to make sure you have a good monitor that can display the images. Part of it is like playing Wheel Of Fortune and you get lucky with a few letters.

Borat and Trainspotting were easy because the picture included the name of the movie beneath the image. So something's screwy with their image library.

I missed Avatar because the flower didn't strike me as being obvious. Kicking myself for missing North by Northwest. I missed another because I knew it, but misspelled my third strike. I am glad I got Cool Hand Luke.