Concert Works

RomanticStrings

What have people heard about the concert works that John Williams is working on? What about any new news about JW's music in general? I don't mean Indy 4 or Catch Me If You Can, but other stuff that may not be known about by many yet. I'm just wondering if there is any news about Williams at all.

~Conor

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's working on a horn concerto. I don't remember who it's for, but he's working. I'm not sure when it's supposed to be completed either. I guess I'm not much help. :devil:

~Harry

The Opera House here in LA was talking to him about composing one. The horn concerto is for the Boston I believe, isn't it?

Yeah, didn't the old message board say in the complete works section "Horn Concerto, for Dave Clevenger (sp?)", and it said the estimated year that it would come out would be 2005 I think.

-Jason

He was also asked to write an opera, but he is unsure if wants to do it.

He will also be composing a fanfare for the Walt Disney Hall of the Perf. Arts in L.A. -- the future home of the L.A. Philharmonic.

The opera is still a rumour at this point. Johnny's concentrating on film work more these days (if you haven't noticed.)

I heard a rumour not too long ago (and then saw it surface on the web) that there is a possibility that a piano concerto might be coming within the next few years.

Director - looking forward to everything

In order to complete the discography section on my website, please, can somebody send me a complete list of John Williams concert works released on CD ?

Thank you :)

Now a Piano Concerto would be great! I've always wondered why he hasn't already done one, since he's a pianist himself.

-Chris, who's also written a short piano cocerto at the age of 14. Therefore, it isn't of very good quality.

Wow, Chris! That's really cool. At the age of 14, I always wondered how people could just sit down and write music. A few years later, I found myself doing the same thing here and there. It's pretty cool.

But it doesn't compare to making movies. :)

It is, however, a very close second. :)

Director - admirer of R2-D2