Composers that you only like one score from.

Kevin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything from him is terrible, to be honest. And this one is actually the least offensive. ;)

Karol

I have selections from 4 scores of his - Frailty, Godsend, Timeline and Rambo. He has a generally good grasp of the orchestra, but his themes don't really work for me.

Children of Dune is unmemorable to me.

You should try his non-action scores (yes, he writes those too).

I recommend:

-Darkness Falls

-The Killing Floor

-Bubba Ho-Tep

-The Lazarus Project

John Corigliano, Altered States

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!! :D:up:

And what about The Red Violin? :blink:

I assumed that, as the thread suggests, Sixers knew only "Altered States", and so I didn't want to confuse the issue by adding more titles. You are right, of course, "The Red Violin" is damn good, as is "Revolution".

What? I just saw the way how KM posted so I posted the same way, thought that is what this was about...

It's composers you ONLY like one score (not pick your favorite one). You posted Goldsmith, JW, Giacchino, Arnold ...surely you like more than one score from them.

I recommend Creation, Hard Rain, and Haunted Summer.

And Species, Hellraiser II, The Fly II, The Grudge 2, and The Uninvited.

Sure, they're all horror/sci-fi films, but Young's exceptionally talented in the horror genre.

John Corigliano, Altered States

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!! :D:up:

And what about The Red Violin? :blink:

Eh, let's just say it wasn't my cup of tea.

Sure, they're all horror/sci-fi films, but Young's exceptionally talented in the horror genre.

While we're at it. Untraceable is quite a good score as well.

I can't think of any composer I purposely like only one score for. There are a few composers I have only one score from due to lack of availability of their works or the are just not on my priority list.

I can't think of any composer I purposely like only one score for.

I don't think any of us purpose to only enjoy one score from a given composer.

I find that Christopher Young's horror scores to be a bit samey after a while if you listen to them in succession. The Hellraiser scores (especially Hellraiser II) is overrated when people praise it as one of the best horror scores ever (more bombast than horror really, and whole section of cues are nothing).

I find that Christopher Young's horror scores to be a bit samey after a while if you listen to them in succession. The Hellraiser scores (especially Hellraiser II) is overrated when people praise it as one of the best horror scores ever (more bombast than horror really, and whole section of cues are nothing).

I find both Species, Hellraiser and Grudge have different styles to one another. I can see your point when comparing The Fly II and Hellraiser, but not with a Japanese remake and an 1980s horror film.

But "Hellbound/Second Sight" makes Hellraiser II worth seeking out.