Medal Of Honor boxset - 9 scores (5 Giacchino, 3 Lennertz, and 1 Djawadi) on 8 discs

Trent B

By the way MV has posted in this thread confirming about a 8(?) disc set for the Medal Of Honor scores and hope to aim for a Spring release. Also as you read you'll see he said this will be the first of a few series EA releases they have planned.

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=75814&forumID=1&archive=0

Let me shed some light on this:

Yes, someone jumped the gun on this, so let me just address a few issues here:

We are still working on the set. We are aiming for a Spring release date, most likely late March/early April.

It contains remastered music from 9 of the games, including the most recent one.

It has over 10 hours music. . .

The 8 disc clam shell cases will come housed in a very attractive hard slip cover case (think FSM box set)

The retail price will be: $54.98

I don't know if the 1st 100 will be autographed or if we will be doing a signing event upon its release date.

This box set will be the first in a series of releases EA and LLL have planned for you soundtrack hounds sick of those nasty digital download exclusives. So, if you have any ideas of EA soundtracks you want to see released on cd, share away and we shall see what we can do!

VIVA LA CD! VIVA LA CD! VIVA LA CD!

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the Potter game scores would be great. I'd also love loaded sets for the Mass Effect series and Dragon Age: Origins.

And of course Knights of the Old Republic, but that's not EA.

I'm glad I won't have to save much. If the final price really is $55 bucks LaLa is practically giving it away. Great job guys! I'm looking forward to seeing what this LaLa/EA partnership will bring us in the future too.

I don't care what state modern film music is in, has there ever been a better time to be a fan? We're spoiled!

I didn't know Djawadi had scored for the series. Must YouTube this (edit: predictably bland, although the uploader could've avoided all thematic material).

Wouldn't be my first Djawadi though, I have his Prison Break CDs which are a guilty pleasure.

But wait! Mark and John, you'll be owning a Ramin Djawadi score in the process!!

;)

I didn't say I'll be buying this set. I need to see what is on there as far as the previously unreleased music. I have all of Giacchino's MOH scores.

I have a composer promo of Lennertz' score, which I find rather generic and could care less of Djawadi's music.

However I do have the 6 set box release of all the Godzilla scores and there are several, especially the last one by Keith Emmerson, that I just do not play. So I can buy a set and not play some of the discs.

Here's the full press release

LA-LA LAND RECORDS IN CONJUNCTION WITH ELECTRONIC ARTS TO RELEASE 8 DISC LIMITED EDITION MEDAL OF HONOR SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION

Includes original scores from Michael Giacchino, Christopher Lennertz, and Ramin Djawadi

LOS ANGELES, CA – Electronic Arts (EA) continues to make new strides in video game music with the release of the MEDAL OF HONOR SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION. The limited edition eight disc collection includes original scores from the 14 MEDAL OF HONOR titles, previously unreleased material from the award-winning composers Michael Giacchino, Christopher Lennertz and Ramin Djawadi, a 40-page booklet with complete track information, and an introduction by game creator, Director Steven Spielberg. According to Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing at EA, “the box set representing the 12-year-old franchise is an absolute milestone for video game scores. The millions of MEDAL OF HONOR fans around the world deserve nothing less. We are honored to partner with LA-LA Land Records.” The limited edition box set will be released March 1st.

In choosing an appropriate composer to convey the mood of the first MEDAL OF HONOR, legendary director Steven Spielberg was introduced to and impressed with young unknown composer, Michael Giacchino. “I did what anybody in their right mind would do,” said Spielberg. “I signed him up to score MEDAL OF HONOR—and the rest of Giacchino’s history belongs to him.” Giacchino’s video game score pioneered live orchestral recordings of videogame music.

After four highly successful video game scores, the baton was passed to Christopher Lennertz, who also composed the score for the Quantum of Solace game. Lennertz recorded MOH European Assault and Pacific Assault with the Hollywood Studio Symphony, which has recorded for legendary composers such as John Williams.

Last year the game was reinvented and for the first time in its 12-year history, MEDAL OF HONOR left World War II and entered the modern day warfare in Afghanistan. The most recent disc of the collection demanded an intense score that could bring the game into this brand new era, and Ramin Djawadi was brought on for the challenge. Known for his score for Iron Man and the Prison Break television series, Djawadi’s score matches the intensity of the soldier’s story and Tier 1 experience in 2010’s MEDAL OF HONOR.

The increasing demand of the MEDAL OF HONOR scores by soundtrack aficionados led to EA's musical compendium of the MOH music. The rising popularity of videogame music has created an outcry to the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) to create a GRAMMY category honoring "Best Videogame Score." Currently, the Grammys recognizes video game music as part of the category “Best Score Soundtrack for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media.”

Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the Company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EATM, EA SPORTSTM, EA Mobile TM and POGOTM. In fiscal 2009, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $4.2 billion and had 31 titles that sold more than one million copies. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com

LA-LA Land Records, headquartered in Burbank, California, is a leading film and TV soundtrack company. Founded in 2002, the label is dedicated to releasing scores both physically and online. The CD booklets feature photos and original art as well as personal notes from the composers, directors, producers, actors and historians. LA-LA Land Records releases classic and current film and TV scores from The Omen to Battlestar Galactica by leading composers including Jerry Goldsmith, John Williams, Danny Elfman, Michael Giacchino, Angelo Badalamenti, and Bear McCreary. LA-LA Land's homepage is http://www.lalalandrecords.com

LA-LA Land Records releases classic and current film and TV scores from The Omen to Battlestar Galactica by leading composers including Jerry Goldsmith, John Williams, Danny Elfman, Michael Giacchino, Angelo Badalamenti, and Bear McCreary.

Am I going crazy or is this a clue for 2011? I don't remember LLL doing an Omen album, they've all been Varese, even the remake.

Cool news, and only a month away! I appear to have cues from the original game, Frontline, Airborne, European, Pacific, Allied and Underground... phew. I can't really not invest in this box.

Anyone else hate this sort of press release though, which assumes the reader wants to know everything about every company involved, and a quote from some executive?

Edit - hang on, 14 scores?

Yea I only count 13

1 Medal Of Honor (1999, Giacchino)

2 Underground (2000, Giacchino)

3 Allied Assault (2002, Giacchino)

4 Frontline (2002, Giacchino)

5 Rising Sun (2003, Lennertz)

6 Infiltrator (2003, GBA title, music by ?)

7 Pacific Assault (2004, Lennertz)

8 European Assault (2005, Lennertz)

9 Heroes (2006, PSP title, music by ?)

10 Vanguard (2007, no original music, just re-used the prior Giacchino music)

11 Airborne (2007, Giacchino)

12 Heroes 2 (2007, PSP/Wii title, music by ?)

13 reboot (2010, Djawadi)

Allied Assault had two expansion packs, maybe they featured original music? And if the reboot isn't counted, that could be how they got 14

Re-reading MV's post, he said the 8CD set will only feature music from NINE games. I'd guess its the 5 Giacchino's, 3 Lennertz, and 1 Djawadi. And since Allied Assault was a fairly short score, thats why they only need 8 CDs instead of 9.

I think the GBA/PSP games either didn't feature original music, or its just electronic music and not real orchestra music like the other 9 scores.

Awesome news. I don't have any of these scores yet. The series has been on my bucket list for a while now.

With so many 'definitive' sets being released, seems I've started collecting at just the perfect time.

• 1 month later...

WTF?! Medal of honor box set?

I havent been able to obtain any on CD, so this will be great. PLus, Airborne on lossless.

I hope they are complete scores with some unreleased bonuses!

Update: Yeehah!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LA-LA LAND RECORDS IN CONJUNCTION WITH

ELECTRONIC ARTS TO RELEASE 8 DISC LIMITED EDITION

MEDAL OF HONOR SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION

Includes original scores from Michael Giacchino, Christopher Lennertz, and Ramin Djawadi

LOS ANGELES, CA – Electronic Arts (EA) continues to make new strides in video game music with the release of the MEDAL OF HONOR SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION. The limited edition eight disc collection includes original scores from the 14 MEDAL OF HONOR titles, previously unreleased material from the award-winning composers Michael Giacchino, Christopher Lennertz and Ramin Djawadi, a 40-page booklet with complete track information, and an introduction by game creator, Director Steven Spielberg. According to Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing at EA, “the box set representing the 12-year-old franchise is an absolute milestone for video game scores. The millions of MEDAL OF HONOR fans around the world deserve nothing less. We are honored to partner with LA-LA Land Records.” The limited edition box set will be released March 1st.

In choosing an appropriate composer to convey the mood of the first MEDAL OF HONOR, legendary director Steven Spielberg was introduced to and impressed with young unknown composer, Michael Giacchino. “I did what anybody in their right mind would do,” said Spielberg. “I signed him up to score MEDAL OF HONOR—and the rest of Giacchino’s history belongs to him.” Giacchino’s video game score pioneered live orchestral recordings of videogame music.

After four highly successful video game scores, the baton was passed to Christopher Lennertz, who also composed the score for the Quantum of Solace game. Lennertz recorded MOH European Assault and Pacific Assault with the Hollywood Studio Symphony, which has recorded for legendary composers such as John Williams.

Last year the game was reinvented and for the first time in its 12-year history, MEDAL OF HONOR left World War II and entered the modern day warfare in Afghanistan. The most recent disc of the collection demanded an intense score that could bring the game into this brand new era, and Ramin Djawadi was brought on for the challenge. Known for his score for Iron Man and the Prison Break television series, Djawadi’s score matches the intensity of the soldier’s story and Tier 1 experience in 2010’s MEDAL OF HONOR.

The increasing demand of the MEDAL OF HONOR scores by soundtrack aficionados led to EA's musical compendium of the MOH music. The rising popularity of videogame music has created an outcry to the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) to create a GRAMMY category honoring "Best Videogame Score." Currently, the Grammys recognizes video game music as part of the category “Best Score Soundtrack for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media.”

If Carrie was so popular then I would imagine some label would have jumped on it before Kritzerland.

Well, Ryko and Varese did, but of course those releases are incomplete. I was also surprised when I learned that Kritzerland would be releasing the new edition. It's nicely done, remastered etc. but the booklet is practically non-existent, so the release certainly lacks some great & exhaustive liners, plus for me the second CD is nonsense, since it's the third time we get this soundtrack in the same track representation on the CD (if we also count the LP it's the fourth time). Really unnecessary, if you ask me.

We do have a Michael Giacchino thread but it hasn't been updated with the info since it was posted in the LaLaLand thread first. ;)

There honestly almost doesn't need to be a Giacchino thread any more.... he's reached the point where every one of his scores gets their own thread (deservedly so imho)

What do you mean?

What are the criteria you are using to suggest Giacchino no longer needs his own thread?

ignore him in giachino matters :P

after all as mod you can decree what you want and steef cannot :devil:

I have ment more for this MB both in terms on money, and emotional support then almost anyone here, Jason included!

I just meant that any new Giacchino score now gets their own thread - we had a thread for Star Trek, Land Of The Lost, Let Me In, Captain America, etc. It would be silly to discuss all of those scores all at once in the same thread

Though I suppose the Giacchino thread is still good for random news and tidbits

He's a damn good composer and it's not like Williams is doing anything right now. Well we won't have anything to talk about until the Holiday season or unless something special comes from one of the specialty labels.

Yea, this is a film music discussion board, not just a Williams discussion board. I like that we talk about all the scores that come out, and all the older scores that get expanded or premiered as well

What do you mean?

What are the criteria you are using to suggest Giacchino no longer needs his own thread?

ignore him in giachino matters :P

after all as mod you can decree what you want and steef cannot :devil:

I have ment more for this MB both in terms on money, and emotional support then almost anyone here, Jason included!

true.

STEF FOR PRESIDENT!