Medal Of Honor boxset - 9 scores (5 Giacchino, 3 Lennertz, and 1 Djawadi) on 8 discs

Trent B

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who don't read the La-La Land thread:

A-Ten-Hut!

After taking a nearly month long RNR, La La Land is ready to get back out on the field with not one, not two, but THREE very diverse releases.

Listen up, soldiers – La-La Land Records and EA Games are proud to announce an 8 disc set of music from the MEDAL OF HONOR video game series. This massive collection features music from 9 games – over 10 hours of some of the finest orchestral music ever recorded for the gaming world! Extensive liner notes by Dan Goldwasser go into detail about the series and its music. Each disc has been remastered from elements found in the EA vaults as well as from the composers' personal collection.

Discs 1-6 feature music from the first 8 games (Medal of Honor 1999, MOH Underground, MOH Frontline, MOH Allied Assault, MOH Pacific Assault, MOH European Assault, MOH Rising Sun, and MOH Airborne).

Disc 7 features the score to MOH 2010 as well as bonus material.

Disc 8 features Bonus Material from AIRBORNE, RISING SUN and EUROPEAN ASSAULT.

This impressive collection comes housed in an attractive reinforced cardboard sleeve that would look pretty nifty in your footlocker or on your shelf.

Forward by Steven Spielberg.

MEDAL OF HONOR SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION - 8 disc set, 40 page booklet

Music by Michael Giacchino, Christopher Lennertz and Ramin Djawadi

LLLCD 1159

Limited Edition of 2000 units

Regular Retail Price: $59.98

Special Sale Price: $54.98

Produced by Steve Schnur, Raphi Lima, Eric Kraber and MV Gerhard

Mastered by James Nelson, Digital Outland

Liner Notes by Dan Goldwasser

Art Direction by David Fein

We will NOT be offering autographed copies of this release.

[...]

These 3 items go on sale Tuesday, April 12 at 1 pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com and other fine online establishments.

Cover art, track listings, sound clips and more detailed information about these releases will all be revealed then.

At ease, soldiers.

http://filmscoremont...?threadID=77933

It's interesting that they found a way to fit the 5 Giacchino and 3 Lennertz scores onto the first 6 discs. Too bad MV didn't post the track listing yet

Nevermind, I didn't realize some of the Lennertz scores are so short:

1 Medal Of Honor (1999, Giacchino) [72:40]

2 Underground (2000, Giacchino) [76:39]

3 Allied Assault (2002, Giacchino) [17:36]

4 Frontline (2002, Giacchino) [79:10]

5 Rising Sun (2003, Lennertz) [33:53]

6 Pacific Assault (2004, Lennertz) [16:18]

7 European Assault (2005, Lennertz) [63:44]

8 Airborne (2007, Giacchino) [63:23]

Here's my guess:

Disc 1: 1 Medal Of Honor (1999, Giacchino) [72:40]

Disc 2: 2 Underground (2000, Giacchino) [76:39]

Disc 3: 4 Frontline (2002, Giacchino) [79:10]

Disc 4: 3 Allied Assault (2002, Giacchino) [17:36] / 5 Rising Sun (2003, Lennertz) [33:53] / 6 Pacific Assault (2004, Lennertz) [16:18] [total 67:47]

Disc 5: 7 European Assault (2005, Lennertz) [63:44]

Disc 6: 8 Airborne (2007, Giacchino) [63:23]

rising sun promo is a full cd, and there was unreleased music i think.

so it must be allied, pacific and european assaults in one CD.

Jason, will you post the LLL ordering page when they are up? like you did with home alone.

I didnt find the home alone one on their site at post 1 pm, and i panicked ....

Those timings are how long the mp3s I have are. Are you saying they are wrong?

Is your Rising Sun longer than 34 minutes? Is your European Assault less than 63? Otherwise how could you pair it with 2 other scores?

I will be at work when the ordering site goes live, but if i am not busy I will be able to post. However, you are aware that you can currently pre-order it RIGHT NOW at this website, right?

http://www.darkdel.com/index.htm?c52.htm&1

yeah but i prefer to order it on LLL... i'm fed up of buying in a new store each time...

Maybe you have european-rising sun names interchanged, because the official rising sun is 60 odd minutes long promo, and european assault i have is arround 30 mins.

My goodness, I was all discombobulated! Here are the correct timings:

1 Medal Of Honor (1999, Giacchino) [72:40]

2 Underground (2000, Giacchino) [76:39]

3 Allied Assault (2002, Giacchino) [17:36]

4 Frontline (2002, Giacchino) [79:10]

5 Rising Sun (2003, Lennertz) [63:44]

6 Pacific Assault (2004, Lennertz) [16:18]

7 European Assault (2005, Lennertz) [33:53]

8 Airborne (2007, Giacchino) [63:23]

So my guess for the LLL set is:

Disc 1: 1 Medal Of Honor (1999, Giacchino) [72:40]

Disc 2: 2 Underground (2000, Giacchino) [76:39]

Disc 3: 4 Frontline (2002, Giacchino) [79:10]

Disc 4: 3 Allied Assault (2002, Giacchino) [17:36] / 6 Pacific Assault (2004, Lennertz) [16:18] / 7 European Assault (2005, Lennertz) [33:53] [total 67:47]

Disc 5: 5 Rising Sun (2003, Lennertz) [63:44]

Disc 6: 8 Airborne (2007, Giacchino) [63:23]

Which is the same order MV listed them in his press release

I may not be remembering things correctly, but wasn't there a disc for music not on the original releases?

Oh I see you only listed 6 discs. So Disc 7 is MOH (2010) and Disc 8 is the bonus material.

Right, MV says : "Disc 7 features the score to MOH 2010 as well as bonus material.

Disc 8 features Bonus Material from AIRBORNE, RISING SUN and EUROPEAN ASSAULT."

I know there's a lot of unreleased Airborne material, as ages ago I downloaded a gamerip that was 90 minutes long

I wonder how much unreleased Rising Sun and European Assault material there is

I asked MV about the size and if it was similar to the Blue Box, and he said:

Yes -- 8 discs housed in two 4-disc clam shells along with a 40 page booklet nestled comfortably next to the shells. Inside the shells you will find a 4 page booklet detailing the track listings for each disc

MV

19$! holy guacamole.

that dark delicacies stie offfers better internations shipping fees?

is it a safe shop?

Dark Delicacies is a safe place to order from, others from here and FSM have ordered from them before.

I'm not getting the set because game scores hold little interest to me. It's good music don't get me wrong but it's just something I can't get into like film scores. Not going to spend 50 some dollars on a set like this if I'm only going to listen to it once.

I'm not getting the set because game scores hold little interest to me. It's good music don't get me wrong but it's just something I can't get into like film scores. Not going to spend 50 some dollars on a set like this if I'm only going to listen to it once.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this as a 'game score'. It has the structure and writing of a motion picture, so much so in fact that I don't really understand how music like this works in a game where the player determines actions.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this as a 'game score'. It has the structure and writing of a motion picture, so much so in fact that I don't really understand how music like this works in a game where the player determines actions.

I think, overall, game scores are sorely misunderstood. The player determines actions such as when to shoot and duck and such, but FPSs are linear. So once you reach a certain point in the story, the music will change accordingly. The liner notes have extensive notes for each cue about what they represent. Giacchino pretty much scored the idea/setting for each level, and it made the game 50x better than what it would have been.

Giacchino's MOH scores, whether you buy the set or not, are better than 90% of most of the film scores since 1999.

Dismissing this set based on it being "video game music" would be sad. I can't tell you how many video game scores are in my collection, but I've got so many that I'm tempted to split it out as its own genre, like "Soundtrack: Game" to distinguish from the other soundtracks.

Off the top of my head...Star Wars: Dark Forces, KOTOR I & II, The Force Unleashed I & II, some TIE Fighter music, Deus Ex 1 & 2, Dark Void, Star Trek Starfleet Academy & Starfleet Command, The Witcher, Descent, Doom I & II remixes, Super Mario Brothers, some Zelda remixes, Super Meat Boy, Outlaws, The Dig, some Monkey Island and other early LucasArts scores, Morrowind, Oblivion, Indy and the Fate of Atlantis, Indy and the Emperor's Tomb, etc.

That being said, I would have to really think hard about buying music to games I haven't played before, even though I have very little Michael G.

It's the same as buying music to movies you've never seen before. ;)

I treat a composer the way I do a regular artist.

That's where the "thinking hard" part comes into play. Because I do buy many scores to films I've never seen, heard of, or want to see, and a lot from films I never want to see again.

I have until Tuesday to make up my mind.

Spectacular!

I don't think it's sad. I think it shows just how fucking brilliant Giacchino is.

But he isn't. What makes him look brilliant is the mediocrity of the most of his colleagues.

Grrrr, I want to order this, especially as the Australian dollar is doing so well at the moment, but I just spent all of my money on tickets to Bob Dylan and Herbie Hancock.

Bob Dylan concerts suck ASS. Trust me. The opening acts are always the best part.

You're better off buying the set!

Spectacular!

I don't think it's sad. I think it shows just how fucking brilliant Giacchino is.

But he isn't. What makes him look brilliant is the mediocrity of the most of his colleagues.

I, and quite a few others, would strongly disagree with your statement.

mohpackagepresentation.jpg

The typo on disc 7 was caught and fixed before it went into production

Impressive!

:up:

Spectacular!

I, and quite a few others, would strongly disagree with your statement.

He is preety good, as a matter of fact one of the best working now in Hollywood, but it's not brilliance yet. I am still waiting for his score to a live-action motion picture that would impress me. So far I was interested only in his his output from certain MoH games (not all of them) and animated features (Ratatouille being my favourite MG's soundtrack). I don't like most of his Lost scores, Let Me In seriously bored me and Star Trek is a missed opportunity to me. I like Speed Racer, though.

Grrrr, I want to order this, especially as the Australian dollar is doing so well at the moment, but I just spent all of my money on tickets to Bob Dylan and Herbie Hancock.

Bob Dylan concerts suck ASS. Trust me. The opening acts are always the best part.

You're better off buying the set!

Bob Dylan concerts are amazing. I say, dump Herbie Hancock and get the set!