Medal Of Honor boxset - 9 scores (5 Giacchino, 3 Lennertz, and 1 Djawadi) on 8 discs

Trent B

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Djawadi backed out, so it's just Lennertz. I thought Jay would have been on top of that ;)

As for his score standing out, well, as Charlie Sheen would say... DUH!!!

You jump from Nazi Germany during WWII to present day Afghanistan, there's definitely going to be a discrepancy in style and tone.

Oh sure, go and get all logical about it. :stick:

Still, going from classic orchestra to essentially death metal was a bit jarring.

I'm just guessing not many fans of the latter will be purchasing this set.

Not saying Djawadi's score shouldn't have been included, just, uh, ... yeah, definitely the odd duck out.

are there new hidden tracks?

'cause airborne is missing a few... :/

They are on disc 8. Since Airborne was a download they weren't hidden, just bonus tracks.

including the 2 itunes bonus tracks, plus the other new tracks on cd8, there is still music missing from the game.

or so it seems regarding track names and times. we'll see when the set arrives...

Buckle up for the official Medal of Honor Editing & Pitch Correction Resource thread. ;)

I think it's one of Djawadi's better scores. The "Heroes Aboard" theme is really good.

I'm sure I'll find something in it to enjoy. I'm actually not all that old school.

I listened to the samples of Djawadi's score....

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.....

are there new hidden tracks?

'cause airborne is missing a few... :/

They are on disc 8. Since Airborne was a download they weren't hidden, just bonus tracks.

including the 2 itunes bonus tracks, plus the other new tracks on cd8, there is still music missing from the game.

or so it seems regarding track names and times. we'll see when the set arrives...

The point is, everything that was available from iTunes is on the LaLaLand set. That's what's important.

The point is, everything that was available from iTunes is on the LaLaLand set. That's what's important.

that's true if they had released abridged scores it would be an outrage.

But it looked like they were going to release everything (after all, MOH; MOHU, and MOHF are complete already)

Airborne was the one (from gia) that had 'available' missing music, and they are not releasing all of it.

I suppose there is some reason, but EA must be stupid if they do not let it to be released...

Wait until you get the set. Maybe the "missing" music is there just under different titles than you're used to

Wait until you get the set. Maybe the "missing" music is there just under different titles than you're used to

The main disc for Airborne is identical to the itunes release. The two bonus cues are probably tracks 45 & 46 on disc 8, judging by the running times.

I've never played the games so I have no idea what's left over.

I caved.

You caved wisely. ;)

The standard Airborne has release has all the best music. The bonus cues have very short running times from what I recall. I beat the game back when it came out and don't remember anything significant missing.

According to MV, around 600 copies are left of MOH. Post #81.

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=78150&forumID=1&archive=0

LA LA LAND RECORDS:

Can you update as to about how many copies of FIRST KNIGHT remain?

Alot.

We did 5000. smile.gif

MOH, probably 600 left

MV

Airborne was the one (from gia) that had 'available' missing music, and they are not releasing all of it.

I suppose there is some reason, but EA must be stupid if they do not let it to be released...

All of the music that was recorded for Medal of Honor: Airborne is on the set. There is nothing left out.

All of the music that was recorded for Medal of Honor: Airborne is on the set. There is nothing left out.

Well there you have it!

Thanks Chris!

Oh, and I assume that holds true for all the other scores in the box set, as well?

After arduous deliberation I decided to bite the bullet and buy this set. I do love the Giacchino scores in the series and am interested to hear what Lennertz and even Djawadi bring to the table. And this is a great opporturnity to get the MOH scores in one fell (it will be for my wallet at the moment) swoop.

And it has to be said that this box seems to be selling well if already about 1400 have been bought.

I am wondering will this set reproduce the nice track-by-track analysis that at least the first 3 MOH albums had or will there be brand new ones from Dan Goldwasser.

Good God...

----

After arduous deliberation I decided to bite the bullet and buy this set. I do love the Giacchino scores in the series and am interested to hear what Lennertz and even Djawadi bring to the table. And this is a great opporturnity to get the MOH scores in one fell (it will be for my wallet at the moment) swoop.

And it has to be said that this box seems to be selling well if already about 1400 have been bought.

I am wondering will this set reproduce the nice track-by-track analysis that at least the first 3 MOH albums had or will there be brand new ones from Dan Goldwasser.

Yep, it's a great chance to have everything together from one source. I have tracks of varying quality cobbled together from god knows where. I listened to Paestum Landing last night, which ends with the spectacular wallop of the main theme, but there's some very distracting distortion in the higher registers.

And 3/4 of the pressing sold within 24 hours... that's pretty impressive. I wonder if that includes the Dark Delicacies quota.

then i am very f**king pleased to hear that :)

Mr. Tilton, here is a question i wanted to ask Giacchino in person at ubeda, but i couldnt.

I picture the track 'Unblocking Utah' from airborne, as if it was composed for a cinematic in where you see the Allies invasion barges arriving to the beaches, in a heroic fashion, as since the player destroyed all threats in the beach, the barges can land on utah without problem (as opposed to the dramatic omaha situation).

The game uses it on the training mission, which fits rather well, but has no relation to the track name. Also in the game, the Utah mission does not have anything where the track could fit, so i am curious about this particular cue.

Can you shed me some light?

Yep, it's a great chance to have everything together from one source. I have tracks of varying quality cobbled together from god knows where. I listened to Paestum Landing last night, which ends with the spectacular wallop of the main theme, but there's some very distracting distortion in the higher registers.

yep i hope the lossless version we will have on CD will not had that issue, which is (as far as i know) on the official itunes files.

BTW, the Lennertz stuff sometimes reminds me a lot of Alan Silvestri... and one of the later parts of "Hymn To Brothers Lost" (from "Rising Sun") seems to be almost directly taken from "Forrest Gump"...

Oh I've noticed. Forgive me if I sounded like I was whining.

I may stop at Walmart on the way home, I need a new rack to hold DVDs and CDs, so my backlog will become more visually obvious.

Oh I've noticed. Forgive me if I sounded like I was whining.

I may stop at Walmart on the way home, I need a new rack to hold DVDs and CDs, so my backlog will become more visually obvious.

I didn't think you were whining. Just offering some info. :)

Sometimes SAE won't give you notice until days after your order ships.

I've never compared their email dates to the actual shipping dates (supposedly printed somewhere on the package). But I haven't gotten anything yet. ;)

I haven't got a shipping notice from them either, but you're right, I can check my card statement later.

Although I just remembered that I got it sent here to work, which means that I almost certainly won't get it until May (I have 11 days off over easter)... doh. Didn't think about the timing.

My signed copy from Dark Del shipped yesterday, but the address they sent it to was slightly wrong. We'll see if I get it or not!

Mine arrived! Here's something interesting....I ordered from LaLa Land, it shipped on Friday. I get it today, open it up and notice that the box isn't shrink wrapped. I pull out the booklet and guess what... IT'S AUTOGRAPHED. Problem is I don't know who the heck signed it :lol:

post-1702-0-19650800-1303313665_thumb.jp

That is an extremely tiny picture, can you post a bigger one to www.imageshack.us and repost?