Prime Survival: A Jurassic Park fan Film

GoodMusician

Hey all, don't really post a whole lot anymore but I thought i'd bring attention to a little project I've been working on.

Prime Survival is the fruition of several years worth of work. It began on a forum JPToys.com in the mind of a then very young (13/14) director Jack De La Mare wanting to make a fourth Jurassic Park film. After several writers and about a year of work, a scene here and there were shot until the film really started to take off. They've been inpost pretty much ever since, turning over media to me (who had volunteered a long time ago to do SFX and music).

This is truly my first work and a lot of it started on another program on another computer in another time with a different quality sound library lol... so there has been a great deal of growth for me as a composer as i did it.

I set out to write something in the vein of The Lost World/War of the Worlds. The story revolves around three boys who end up on an island only to find that it is inhabited by dinosaurs and their fight for survival.

I chose early on not to utilize any of the beloved Jurassic Park themes for a few reasons: we have heard them over used a million times in JP3, this is a completely different island, I wanted to explore my own strengths as a composer, and lastly, I was afraid of copyright lol.

After we attempted to gain some connection to Universal, only to find an official liscence cost $10,000, the films title was changed to simply "Prime Survival" (formerly "Jurassic Park: Prime Survival.")

Post has finally finished and in the next few days the film will be posted online (and will eventually be available on DVD for free).

In the mean time, anyone who's interested should go to these sites:

http://www.delamarepro.com/primesurvival/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Prime-Survival/115834295102907

Here's also the Official Trailer:

Ive also worked on a Album which should be realeased soon. I'm gonna upload a few tracks online to garner some attention too! Would love all support!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been following this project since 2007 in JP-Legacy and it has always looked very promising. Jack has been working really hard through all these years and I hope I can see the completed project soon, it's gonna be amazing!

By the way, could you post any samples of your music? I so wanna hear that TLW/WOTW blend you mentioned! It sounds so cool!

Hey GM! Looking forward to it.

I'm always up for anything JP related...especially since JP 4 was halted after Crichton's death

The trailer looks great. Can't wait to hear the score!!

I'll post some tonight :-D I literally just finished the last cue today! Been a rush! lol Not as happy with some moments as I'd like to be and still settling in on my 'style' but eh heh

Good work! It's great to see kids playing around like that; that was, after all, how Spielberg started out himself. Making the best of what you've got, trying to make your local neighbourhood into some exotic location, using your friends as actors etc.

If the professionals won't make more JP films, we've gotta do it ourselves! ;)