Official JWFan mock ups and fan-made recordings thread!

Jay

I put together a sine wave soundfont with a makeshift ondes martenot preset, so I thought I'd give it a test while covering something from Ghostbusters Afterlife.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Started with sheet music for the original film (11M4 Meeting AKA "GateKeeper" and 12M2 "Gatekeeper" as listed in the Omni Publishing release of the film's sheet music) and adjusted where I knew it was different.

While I was at it, I also updated this old cover.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Loert said:

Had some fun putting this together...though took a lot longer than I was expecting.:kaboom:

This is very good! Must have taken a long time and you must have had a blast making it! 

The orchestration in this score is sublime. Nicholas nailed it! 

3 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Question: do we have leaked sheet music for HOme Alone 2? If so, could anyone possibly make a mock-up of the string section of Arrival in New York 2, the unused cue?

Yes, I have it. I don't know if that cue is in there but I'll check when I get home.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, LSH said:

Programming sounds pretty good. What samples are you using?

* Cinematic Studio Strings 1.7, which added an updated legato mode (I think I used it right?)

* Randy's Celeste, the only legit Harry Potter celeste sample

* Tom Holkenborg's Brass - 6 horn patch

There was next to no programming here. Just out of the box MIDI playback with pre-delay adjustments.

12 minutes ago, Drew said:

* Cinematic Studio Strings 1.7, which added an updated legato mode (I think I used it right?)

* Randy's Celeste, the only legit Harry Potter celeste sample

* Tom Holkenborg's Brass - 6 horn patch

There was next to no programming here. Just out of the box MIDI playback with pre-delay adjustments.

By 'programming' I meant all the notes sound like they are in the right place. :)

In terms of tone, I think the French Horn line needs a lot more 'umph'. You've got the right dynamic, but the tone is a bit limp. I don't use that brass library so I don't know how to improve. If I have time tomorrow, I'll try and do it myself with Cinesamples.

Randy's Celeste is good, I don't have it myself... I use the one in Spitfire's Percussion library.

56 minutes ago, LSH said:

In terms of tone, I think the French Horn line needs a lot more 'umph'. You've got the right dynamic, but the tone is a bit limp. I don't use that brass library so I don't know how to improve. If I have time tomorrow, I'll try and do it myself with Cinesamples.

The horn patch's legato that I used is a bit sluggish. Not much can be done other than space out more notes. I thought the tone was very similar to the recording.

• 2 months later...

I just found the beginnings (50secs) of a mock up I was supposed to finish many years ago....

The finale cue from Atlantis: The Lost Empire...

I'd like to finish it too!