Upcoming Scoring Assignments

Jay

Yeah. And perhaps Nyman will use the materials for the 11th Symphony. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Roque Banos, not Zimmer, will score Ron Howard's Heart of the Sea:

Also, Steven Price (Gravity, The World's End) is scoring David Ayer's next film, a WWII drama with Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf, and Jon Bernthal. That movie comes out November 12, 2014.

This news actually got me excited: Roque Banos is to score the next Ron Howard's picture!

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/11/19/roque-banos-to-score-ron-howards-in-the-heart-of-the-sea/#more-21253

Moving from Zimmer to this terrific composer may be small step for a man, but giant leap for the Industry. Anyway, I look forward to it.

• 2 months later...

God, is Zimmer gonna compose a theme for every fucking thing?

BREAKING NEWS: Zimmer writes a theme for a woman giving birth to triplets.

BREAKING NEWS: Zimmer writes a theme for a one-legged man who's going to donate his other leg to science.

BREAKING NEWS: Zimmer writes a theme for a man taking a dump.

BREAKING NEWS: Zimmer writes a new hobbits theme for the last hobbits film..

BREAKING NEWS: Zimmer writes a theme for JWFAN.com

Like Chicken man he's everywhere, he's everywhere

Is anybody else dying to know who'll score Ridley Scott's Exodus? I don't think Marc Streitenfeld has the chops to score a big epic like this and if Hans Zimmer is attached it'll be his 3rd interpretation of the same story. Harry Gregson-Williams is the best plausible choice. His score to Kingdom of Heaven was great before it was butchered in the editing stage. I'm secretly hoping he'll get a different composer like James Horner or John Williams (yes, I know it's incredibly unlikely). This is all assuming Scott wants a big orchestral score though.

Unfortunately, that's almost certainly going to be true but if I had to choose one project for JW to score in 2014, it would be Exodus. I know it's extremely unlikely but I still want to see him score a religious epic, especially after Spielberg dropped out of Gods and Kings (I'm still not sure why Ang Lee is directing, the plot summary said it would be a Braveheart style epic and his direction doesn't seem suited to that).

I'd like to see Powell given a chance with this kind of material, but I doubt that they would even consider him -and I think he's still on vacation mode.

Williams would be a fucking awesome surprise but I really doubt they're going for a traditional, big orchestral score; particularly considering we're talking about Ridley Scott here, who isn't a fan of the lush romantic style in the first place.

In fact, I'd like if they went for a more Alex North-ian score for this: Big orchestra, but very complex and atonal chords. Morricone could pull off something like that real nicely...

Yes he hasn't done much, which is why I was quite taken back when he was announced as the composer. Only knew him as the guy that did the funny pastiche music for the PC game The Movies.

I have The Counselor but never listened to it. My vote goes to Streitenfeld coming back.

Patrick Doyle is scoring B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations for DreamWorks Animation and 20th Century Fox... that comes out in theaters next year.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/02/04/patrick-doyle-to-score-dreamworks-animations-b-o-o-bureau-of-otherworldly-operations/

I have to give credit to Katzenberg and DWA for letting non-RCP composers do their movies now.

Yes he hasn't done much, which is why I was quite taken back when he was announced as the composer. Only knew him as the guy that did the funny pastiche music for the PC game The Movies.

I have The Counselor but never listened to it. My vote goes to Streitenfeld coming back.

Mine too. I've never understood the hostility towards Streitenfeld on this board, and I don't see a problem with him handling Exodus.

Never heard a note of Pemberton's music. Very surprising choice from Scott to begin with.

Patrick Doyle is scoring B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations for DreamWorks Animation and 20th Century Fox... that comes out in theaters next year.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/02/04/patrick-doyle-to-score-dreamworks-animations-b-o-o-bureau-of-otherworldly-operations/

I have to give credit to Katzenberg and DWA for letting non-RCP composers do their movies now.

Wow! Desplat, Silvestri, Elfman and now Doyle! What a great list!

Very interested in seeing who'll score Home, which comes out at the end of this year... With that list of composers, you know who I'm thinking of...

Always felt that Balto had some kind of "farewell" feel to the medium.

Looking at JH's IMDB resumé, it seems like SPIDER-MAN was his farewell to motion picture scoring as well...

Don't know if it's widespread but Joel McNeely is scoring A Million Ways To Die In The West.

Well, Film Music Reporter reported it 9 months ago....

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/05/30/joel-mcneely-to-score-seth-macfarlanes-a-million-ways-to-die-in-the-west/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If we believe IMDB (which we do with a grain of salt) Dario Marianelli seems to be attached to the upcoming (2015) revamping of the legend of Peter Pan named succintly Pan.

This could be something quite excellent if this turns out to be true. :)

• 3 weeks later...