Upcoming Scoring Assignments

Jay

2 minutes ago, Kasey Kockroach said:

this remake nonsense!

I thought as you did until they announced Mark Hamill as the voice.  That definitely got my attention.

3 minutes ago, Kasey Kockroach said:

Ditto. That’s a rather excellent choice. No matter how this phooey turns out, I guess it’ll at least have two things going for it.

But yeah, these remake of beloved horror movies are a dime a dozen at this point.  I had completely forgotten that there had been a Poltergeist remake until I saw someone mention it in a random article last week.  Has there been a single good one?  I guess I like Zombie's Halloween alright.  It's no Devil's Rejects though.

4 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

Isn’t Snyder’s Dawn of the Dead supposed to be good?

Snyder's debut movie has a lot of avid fans but I don't think it will find much love in the land of the Goonies. 

Apparently, James Newton Howard will be the composer for the new film by Terrence Malick, "A Hidden Life", which will be presented at the Cannes festival. http://www.orange-studio.fr/film/426/radegung.html?fbclid=IwAR3mmKQBZv3C0zSq4AcJnxHbV71EjTfnoI4SMRXuvRVq-lW_AHoOiNbEvhg

I guess they wanted the title to be a little more marketable. 

I can’t imagine Malick going with someone other than Hanan Townshend at this point but I do recall Howard being the first choice on The Tree Of Life. 

• 4 weeks later...

He's still scoring Disney's Jungle Cruise movie, opening July 2020, at least

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Oh FFS ! Maleficent was a great score ! And I was comforted in my opinion when I went to JNH concert in Paris.

This is a disappointment. I don’t know much about Zanelli, nor do I care.

The LEGENDARY Ryuichi Sakamoto has scored an episode of Black Mirror season 5 titled "Smithereens"

https://pitchfork.com/news/ryuichi-sakamoto-scores-new-black-mirror-episode-shares-song-listen/

Here's a cue.  It sounds very Sakamoto!

• 1 month later...

So sad to see Balfe get another job, the Ang Lee Gemini Man project - I thought most sensible folk understood that he is only a Zimmer copycat with no original sensibility. I mean, Fallout had some good moments, but that whole 200-piece orchestra stuff is like Monty Python sketches on film composition.... The man is a simplistic tunesmith, though not very good at that either, to be entirely honest, ready to score the next McD commercial, he is not ready to take on anything requiring a real attention span. Beltrami, the original composer, is not exactly man of the compositional moment either.....but at least he is not Barfe.

This was obviously the moment where Ang Lee lost control of the project and Der Bruckheimer took over, so nothing interesting. Everything has to sound like a reality TV show competition.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Scoob goes to Junkie XL

Tom Holkenborg (Junkie XL) Scoring Animated ‘Scoob!’ Movie

This week, Tom Holkenborg (aka Junkie XL) (Mad Max: Fury Road, Deadpool, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Terminator: Dark Fate) is recording his score for the upcoming animated feature Scoob!. The film is directed by Tony Cervone and stars Kiersey Clemons, Zac Efron, Will Forte, Jason Isaacs, Ken Jeong, Tracy Morgan, Gina Rodriguez, Amanda Seyfried, Mark Wahlberg and Frank Welker. The Warner Animation Group production, which marks the first full length animated theatrical Scooby Doo movie, reveals how lifelong friends Scooby and Shaggy first met and how they joined with young detectives Fred, Velma and Daphne to form the famous Mystery Inc. Chris Columbus (Home Alone, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone), Pam Coats (Mulan) and Allison Abbate (Fantastic Mr. Fox, Frankenweenie) are producing the project. Scoob! is set to be released on May 15, 2020 by Warner Bros. Pictures. Visit the official movie website for updates.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2020/01/28/tom-holkenborg-junkie-xl-scoring-animated-scoob-movie/