Upcoming Scoring Assignments

Jay

On 25/05/2023 at 5:55 PM, JNHFan2000 said:

Another project where Desplat doesn't make it to the end.

"Mark Ronson & Andrew Wyatt take over scoring duties on Greta Gerwig's 'Barbie' starring Margot Robbie & Ryan Gosling"

https://twitter.com/filmmusicrep/status/1661777074426880000

Ouch. My gut feeling there says that someone panicked at the last minute and decided they wanted a modern, 'cool' score, and that's not Desplat's area.

I'm not really a fan of Reznor and Ross. And I'll give them the benefit of the doubt to turn in something interesting.

But their style was not what I had in mind for this film

2 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

I'm not really a fan of Reznor and Ross. And I'll give them the benefit of the doubt to turn in something interesting.

But their style was not what I had in mind for this film

Well, Trent Reznor is one of the most 90s musicians to ever grace the decade.

And with the 90s-like atmosphere and soundtrack choices the flick seems to be going for so far, Trent Reznor scoring this makes absolute sense.

3 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

What The Fuck! Why?

"Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross to Score Jeff Rowe's 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem'"

https://twitter.com/filmmusicrep/status/1662868939792355328?t=D2WcLY3GSIzR0HUbfPQeaA&s=19

Sounds like a fair enough idea to me.

Film score fans need to accept that Trent Reznor is an acclaimed and popular film composer outside of our insular bubble.

I think some film score fans are still processing Hans Zimmer lol 

3 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Ouch. My gut feeling there says that someone panicked at the last minute and decided they wanted a modern, 'cool' score, and that's not Desplat's area.

It's getting a little sad. Feels like Desplat may have peaked in Hollywood. 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ramin Djawadi will continue his collaborations with both Jonathan Nolan & Lisa Joy and David Benioff & Dan Weiss!

He has written the score for the new Fallout show and for 3 Body Problem! The latter assignment was revealed in an interview with Benioff & Weiss.

I’m really exited to hear these scores and both shows look great based on the teaser trailers! 

It seems that the 3BP show was almost done before the strike begun so I guess the score must have been close to finished for quite a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Always nice to see our great actress Sônia Braga getting more roles in Hollywood, even though I think her best recent roles were in Brazilian movies (Acquarius and Bacurau).

• 1 month later...