Islands of Adventure / Hook

GoodMusician

I've been meaning to post this and I may have to make a comparison video showing it as some of the music I have from Islands of Adventure is not available otherwise but has anyone here ever noticed how similar the music to "Call to the Adventure" from Universal's theme park "Islands of Adventure" sounds to Hook?

Here's an example:

"Pan's Back!"

Start it around 00:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgw74Agfjt4

"Call to an Adventure"

Start it around 00:14

Orchestrations, phrases, instrumentation... similar melody at times...it's kinda weird how no ones noticed it before :-p

Compare 02:17 from HOOK to 00:50 from IOA

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

William Kidd. I get the impression, given Spielberg's involvement in the park, he wanted Williams or at the very least, a score in the Williams style. A significant amount of music of various styles was composed for that park. Maybe Williams was too busy or just didn't want to do it. Or he was never asked. Call to Adventure is obviously based on Flight to Neverland. The Prologue from Hook has also been played in the Port of Entry.

I think it's still good.

The fact that it took this long to realize it shows how good it is. It's very well done and everytime I hear it, I want to be at the park heh...

A few other movements that play in the opening of the park are based on other Hook cues too.

I mean, If you list all the rides in the park that William composed for:

1) Jurassic Park

2) ET

3) Jaws

4) Earthquake (although they technically never used his score and the ride is now "Disaster!"

5) Harry Potter

not to mention during Christmas I heard "Home Alone" in Sues Landing and you say you've heard Hook at the Port of Entry lol...