The official Smart Phones and Tablets thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not at all. Apple targets this monitor at a slice of customer who have their own mounts 99.99% of the time. They fucked up the announcement though. This is a $6,000 monitor, period. You can opt to not

You can only use apps from them Windows Store on it. Great if you like using excel I guess.    And it looks like you get some bastardized version of Windows 8.1 on it an not Windows 10 so th

I would like to, but.....

:thumbup:

Need to get used to TouchID. Wish it could detect either thumb. I set it up with my right and every now and then try with my left and fail.

Are you saying that it won't successfully pick up your print information correctly? I put three prints on file; both thumbs and my right index without issue.

The view from my bedroom window. Life going past...

Love the dude in the lower right in the white shirt who suspiciously gazes up.

Need to get used to TouchID. Wish it could detect either thumb. I set it up with my right and every now and then try with my left and fail.

Are you saying that it won't successfully pick up your print information correctly? I put three prints on file; both thumbs and my right index without issue.

I didn't realize you could imprint more than one finger during the set up. It just said to keep tapping repeatedly so I did with my right thumb. I thought I had to fill in the little visual aid.

Are you saying that it won't successfully pick up your print information correctly? I put three prints on file; both thumbs and my right index without issue

I didn't realize you could imprint more than one finger during the set up. It just said to keep tapping repeatedly so I did with my right thumb. I thought I had to fill in the little visual aid.

Well, I only did one thumb at set up, but then you can add more in Settings-->Touch ID

Anyone else having trouble manually adding music to the 6?

I drag and drop, but it doesn't get added. It will show it in my iPhone's Library, but it will be grayed out.

Ever since I switched from the iPhone to the Nexus 5, I realized what a fucking drag it was to use iTunes to transfer anything at all. What an insufferable POS method.

But if the screen of the new iPhone is much more durable then kudos to Apple. The other companies should get on that immediately too. Fragility has always been one of the top concerns when it comes to smartphones.

You can only do one finger during set-up, but if you go into settings for Touch-ID after the phone is set up you can save up to five finger prints. I have the thumb and index from both my hands saved, as well as a second scan of my right thumb.

I got the 6+ on launch day and love it. It may be large, but the thinness and contour of the sides makes it feel right. On top of that I'm using Apple's leather case which doesn't add much bulk but makes it infinitely less slippery to hold. Protected the phone well too! I was conducting at a marching band rehearsal last night and it flew out of my side jacket pocket (not a good place to have put it anyway) and onto the pavement face down. Scuff on the corner of the case but the phone and screen were spotless! Terrifying experience that turned out well, I had never dropped my 5S last year so I didn't know how this would go over. I may exchange the case for a scuff free one since I'm within the 14 day window...

Honestly, are people that fucking surprised that putting a gigantic 5.5" metal phone in their front pocket for 18 hours, sitting down most of that time, would be perfectly fine? I didn't find out about this report until late last night and I've been constantly aware since launch of how I'm sitting and how much pressure I'm exerting on the phone if my pant fabric is too tight on it.

My plastic 5.5" Samsung Note 2 was once dropped in the Crack of Doom and still didn't bend.

Your lucky...the couple of times I dropped mine, I didn't have a case on and shattered both times.

BTW regarding phones in pockets...ya it's stupid to leave it in your pocket ALL day. I generally leave mine out. I have sat down with my phone in my pocket but luckily it hasn't bent yet.

Hehe. I'd like to see Apple's response to this!

And yeah, I wouldn't leave my phone in my pocket all day. But in an industry where thin phones are hardly an innovation, this can look pretty bad for Apple.

It's surprising, because I've had my iPhone 4s for almost 2 years now, and it pretty much lives in my trouser pocket, and even though I have a screen protector on the front, the back is unprotected,and it is without a single scratch or blemish! Sturdiest phone ive ever owned

Very true. I've had an iPhone 4 for 3 1/2 years and it's still as sturdy as the first day. I now only use it for music and radio since I've replaced it with a Chinese phone with a larger screen. I won't get an iPhone 6 for the time being.

BTW the Galaxy Note 3 survived the exact same bend test that the iPhone 6 Pus failed:

Like Blume said, it'd be good if this meant the end for slim wars, but sadly I doubt that'll happen. I'd take a thicker phone with bigger battery over a skinny juice eater every time. The iPhone 4 is probably the ideal thickness.

I like my phone to be thin enough so i can carry it in any trouser pocket. But I don't need a credit-card-thin phone. Whats the point?

As a very happy 6+ owner, I do have to say that this is in no way user error. It's design flaw related to an apparent lack of real world testing.

It's an easy problem to avoid, and my own habits actually always aligned with putting my phone in a desk or drawer or car dash when I'm sitting. I also have to wear dress pants 5-6 days a week, so they're loose enough that it's no issue. But I feel for the people this has happened to and I hope that Apple officially addresses it, I'll be disappointed if they don't.

That glass is ridiculously strong though!

Isolated incidents do not a design flaw make. Nor does a guy trying his damnedest to bend a phone.

Wait and see.

I am interested in the results of this report: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/09/apple-iphone-6-bend-test-preview/index.htm

In the mean time here is a bend test with a little more rigor. It actually uses equipment.