La-La Land releasing Elliot Goldenthal's Batman Forever January 3rd 2012 (3500 units)

Jay

To anyone who appreciate this great score, I recommend to check out Michael Daugherty's Metropolis Symphony. There lays at least part of Goldenthal's inspiration for his Bat scores.

http://www.amazon.co...V1B3RFRPM7G1RV3

http://en.wikipedia....opolis_Symphony

I just listened to all the samples, as well as Fire & Blood and Route 66. Oh my god. This composer's work is amazing. Why have I been here moping about the current state of scores for films I don't even watch? I'm buying all three of these CDs.

I just listened to all the samples, as well as Fire & Blood and Route 66. Oh my god. This composer's work is amazing. Why have I been here moping about the current state of scores for films I don't even watch? I'm buying all three of these CDs.

Raise the Roof is my favourite. Hell's Angels is awesome, too, but there's no recording of it in the Naxos series; the only one I'm aware of is one some compilation which wasn't easy to find.

I think this chronological order is pretty accurate:

(Disc-Track -- Title -- Running time)

01-01 Main Title 1:54

01-02 Batmobile / Introducing Two-Face (0:00-1:24) 1:24

02-25 Chase Blanc 1:23

01-02 Batmobile / Introducing Two-Face (1:25-end) 0:17

01-03 Thug Fight :55

01-14 Have a Safe Flight / Through the Eye 5:57

01-05 Nygma’s Cubicle / Bat-Signal 3:22

01-06 Capsule 1:07

01-07 Rooftop Seduction / Roof Plunge 2:05

01-08 Nygma After Hours / Brain Drain / You Are Terminated 4:52

01-09 Suicide / First Riddle / Second Riddle Delivered 4:14

01-10 Dream Doll 2:23

01-12 Circus Opening / The Flying Graysons / Death Drop 3:41 (Insert track 28, disc 2 (1:35-end) at 0:56 as an overlay)

01-11 Big Top Bomb 4:19

01-13 Flashback / Signal / Robin’s Lament 4:00

01-04 Obligatory Car Chase 2:40

01-15 Nygma’s Apartment / Two-Face’s Lair / Riddler’s Entrance / Schizoid Stomp / Brain Drain Expo / Heist Montage 6:04

01-16 Laundry Room Stunt :25

01-17 More Heists / Third Riddle / Nosy Robin 1:06

01-18 Building Nygmatech / Family of Zombies 1:29

01-19 Master Dick :56

01-20 Memories Repressed / Love 2:34

01-21 Alley Rumble / Screen Kiss 1:38

01-22 Batcave / Nygmatech Tango / Public Demo 4:39

01-23 Nygma & Chase Dance 1:16

01-24 Two-Face’s Entrance / Batman’s Entrance 2:50

01-25 Gas Trap / Batman Phoenix 2:30

01-26 Gratitude Problem 1:33

01-27 Go to Chase 2:16

01-28 Batcave Closeout / Dick Leaves Wayne Manor 1:24

02-01 Happy Halloween / The Bat / Love Scene / Twick Or Tweat / Seize and Capture 7:08

02-02 Riddles Solved / Partners / Battleship 6:21

02-03 Scuba Fight / Claw Island / Emperor of Madness 5:10

02-04 Fun and Games 3:07

02-05 Batterdämmerung 1:20

02-06 Two-Face’s Demise 1:47

02-07 Bat Descent / Arkham Asylum 1:00

02-08 Wet Screen Kiss / March On! 1:22

I have been listening to the non-stop since I received it. The remastering job is (no surprise) top-notch. I admittedly could never get into the OST, for whatever reason it didn't flow right for me. This however, is a HUGE upgrade. The themes seem to be significantly more clear. I can't get enough of those James Thatcher horn rips! The power of the orchestra is on great display in this one. Having this in 99.9% complete form is an absolute gem. While I would love to have Batman and Robin, hearing this in complete form definitely raises my opinion of it, to the point where I wouldn't be crushed if we really do never get it.

and I LOVE the Two-Face theme.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is this release "99.9%" complete? Did I miss something?

Yeah the horn rips are insane :D. This has been one of my most wanted complete scores so YAY!

The only cue I noticed was missing was a short section (maybe 40 seconds or so) that accompanies the scene when Two Face and his thugs are waiting for Batman to come up in the elevator. It's a couple of renditions of Two Face theme

Thank you, Jason. That's so interesting to see the small changes that Goldenthal did in the order of those few cues and not including those tiny bits in this release. I wonder why? Very interesting.

• 8 years later...

So it seems like there is a tiny little hidden cue at the end of the album presentation in this set. Batterdamerung is 1:44 long and after a bit of silence there is a short fanfare to close the disc. Does anyone know what this is?

It's an overlay used when the Flying Graysons are introduced

On 1/10/2012 at 3:48 PM, FrankV said:

01-12 Circus Opening / The Flying Graysons / Death Drop 3:41 (Insert track 28, disc 2 (1:35-end) at 0:56 as an overlay)

I enjoy listening to the OST album, and I enjoy listening to the complete score.

Goldenthal had a lot of fun with this one

6 hours ago, mstrox said:

For me, for Batman Forever, the complete score is kinda noise overload and a bit repetitive.  The OST is nicely balanced and brief enough that it doesn't get too much.  Great score though.

I haven't heard the expansion - happy s th the great ost- but, I did have the ' complete' B & R. OH MY! Way too much to savor!

On 5/13/2011 at 2:27 AM, Thor said:

Just to be clear...the facebook page is run by his promotional team, not by the man himself!

It's no less true, of course, but still worth pointing out.

Personally, I have very little interest in this, as I think the existing CD is a perfect representation of the score, but I really wish to see the 50-minute program he once prepared for BATMAN & ROBIN, should that ever happen.

Thor

I just posted my fifty minute program on the D.C. UNIVERSE thread.

Take a look and see if it compares to EG

• 1 year later...