Spielberg-produced musical television series "Smash"

Jay

NBC also ordered Steven Spielberg’s musical drama Smash. It stars Debra Messing, Katharine McPhee, Jack Davenport and Anjelica Huston, and follows a cross-section of characters who come together to put on a Broadway musical.

Source:

http://insidetv.ew.c...rime-suspect-2/

To this news I must say (say it with me now):

How many freaking projects does Spielberg have in the pipelines! Sheesh!

(click on each little snapback.png icon to see the thread for his other projects)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ridley Scott competes pretty evenly with Spielberg in the number of projects.

should be retitled Flop as most spielberg projects are of late.

God, that sounds absolutely horrible. I hope he'll never make it.

Did you not read my post or the title of the thread? It's been greenlit and will be on tv this fall

God, that sounds absolutely horrible. I hope he'll never make it.

Did you not read my post or the title of the thread? It's been greenlit and will be on tv this fall

Ah....now I see. A Spielberg PRODUCTION! Not something he's directed. Phew....close call!

It's a quote from Jaws 2, you idiots!

Do you HAVE to talk like that? Why don't you come over here, and help me check out a 908.

Real JW fans!

:thumbup:

No Dreyfuss + no Shaw = not worth watching

Better score than the original(*) + great photography by Michael Butler = worth watching.

(*) Oh, dear; can-of-worms-time, again. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Smash will premiere on February 6th, 2012

http://www.broadway....d-series-smash/

(link includes a picture from the show as well)

Based on an idea by executive producer Steven Spielberg, Smash follows the trials and tribulations of producing a musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe. Borle stars as the Broadway composer writing the musical alongside his lyricist pal, played by Messing. The show also features Angelica Huston as a producer, Brian d'Arcy James as Messing's husband, and Megan Hilty and American Idol finalist Katharine McPhee as dueling divas.

The pilot was directed by Michael Mayer (Spring Awakening, American Idiot), written by playwright Theresa Rebeck and features original songs by the Tony-winning team of Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman (Hairspray, Catch Me If You Can), who also serve as producers.

And here's a trailer for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U_SlMpFJvk

EDIT: Just watched the trailer. Steve from Coupling!

EDIT 2: Why does it say "And Introducing Katherine McPhee"? Pretty sure I've seen her on Community as well as in The House Bunny