Red Tails (Lucasfilm Production, Music by Terrence Blanchard)

Joe Brausam

• 2 weeks later...

so how a movie that made in the US twice the money than tintin (with less theaters) on opening day, is not interesting enough for a wordwide release?????

I hope that if the movie is profitable they will think on releasing it out there... but i hope I dont have to wait for a year...otherwise i will have to resort to other means, i mean media.

• 3 months later...

Yay, finaly i got this...

But i can't find time to watch it :P

The opening scene looks cool and dramatic to some extent. It¡s frightening imagining what would have been to fly inside those 'sitting ducks' bombers.

Even the music is ok. I think it resembles the Clone wars direction... i think that after being acustomed to the clone wars i even liked it. :/

Could have been an awesome Giacchino assignment though.

And dammnit they didnt make a videogame ou of this :(

And the planes and explosions do look very fake to me. Takes me out of the film. It doesn't have to look hiperrealistic, as long as it's cool to watch the CGIness is forgiven. Compare to, let's say, the white apes in John Carter. You know how it's been done, yet it seems there's actually something there.

I watched in near HD on the TV and it looks pretty real to me :)

• 10 years later...
2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I'm going to check this one out. I understand it's not a very deep movie, but more of a throwback to classic war movies. I don’t mind that. And, as Lucas said, it's the closest we're going to get to ep. VII. :)

I’ve said before that George made a “George Lucas picture” with this one. It’s a comic book movie, like all of his films, not in the modern way, but in a golden age way. I enjoyed the film much more once I came to that realization. 

Yes, 

2 hours ago, Schilkeman said:

I’ve said before that George made a “George Lucas picture” with this one. It’s a comic book movie, like all of his films, not in the modern way, but in a golden age way. I enjoyed the film much more once I came to that realization. 

If you watch it in this way it’s a hell of a lot of fun. The Nazis are moustache twirling villains but the dogfights are *chef’s kiss*

p51s just look perfect in any situation. 

I saw this quite a few years ago and can barely remember any of it, other than the fact that the score was hopelessly too modern sounding.