Complete Cue List: Attack Of The Clones

Jay

I agree :)

I'll be doing a quick one for Close Encounters next, and then a huge one for Harry Potter 3 :)

Awesome. Seriously looking forward to Close Encounters.

So it's established that the droid march at the end of Bounty Hunter's Pursuit was actually intended for the clone scene in the film and not tracked from a cut scene where Obi-Wan sees the robots?

There isn't really any room for doubt. I mean, we don't have a Williams sketch with the words OBI SEES CLONES scrawled over at that measure, but the cue is called "Interior Tipoca City", and its slate number clearly indicates that it supposed to come between "The First Kiss" and "The Meadow Scene", long before there's any stuff with battle droids. So basically, yes. :)

There isn't really any room for doubt. I mean, we don't have a Williams sketch with the words OBI SEES CLONES scrawled over at that measure, but the cue is called "Interior Tipoca City", and its slate number clearly indicates that it supposed to come between "The First Kiss" and "The Meadow Scene", long before there's any stuff with battle droids. So basically, yes. :)

:lol:

That "chord"'s clean ending is fake at the end of the album track. It's a reverbed ending. It's definitely not the same either.

I know, i know... It is similar though.

I wouldn't know where to start, nor am I an expert on ROTS... I think I'll leave this task to the more accomplished than myself. TPM would be more my stream but we don't have a cue list... yet.

Well the full cue list with slate numbers for ROTS is on the main page, I just don't know if anyone's ever broken down what's on the OST and what isn't, which video game files contain pieces of each cue, etc

Well the full cue list with slate numbers for ROTS is on the main page, I just don't know if anyone's ever broken down what's on the OST and what isn't, which video game files contain pieces of each cue, etc

that would be a great list... for all the prequels

Complete cuelists which indicate what OST/Videogametrack represent the different parts of the particular cue the best..

well I am def. not an expert on that one.

Phantom Menace is impossible to do until we get the sheet music

I'll be doing AOTC myself. I have the notes just need to organize everything.

Somebody else can handle ROTS. I just can't get into that score >shrug<

I had started on a list for ROTS but quit it because I got too busy after starting that. It is very time consuming, with material spanning across three games as well as DVD rips and synth mock-ups for other material.

You don't have to mention synth mockups, just where on the OST / game files music from each cue can be heard and in what order they go.

You don't have to mention synth mockups, just where on the OST / game files music from each cue can be heard and in what order they go.

True but it's still a lot of work to do since the material is spread across a few games.

I hear that the bit used in the Conveyor Belt sequence in the film, those brief notes when Padme is pushed into the vat, actually belong in Yoda Strikes Back, exactly after the material it appears after in the film. Is this true?

I hear that the bit used in the Conveyor Belt sequence in the film, those brief notes when Padme is pushed into the vat, actually belong in Yoda Strikes Back, exactly after the material it appears after in the film. Is this true?

No it doesn't belong there. We're not certain what that brief music belongs too. It's possible it might be that sweetner or stinger cue that we've been mentioning before.

That one puzzled me for a while, but now I'm pretty sure it's one of the big augmented chords from the part of "Finale" that was replaced by the Imperial March insert, plus a descending horn melody from...somewhere else. Not sure about that exactly. But that moment, as heard in the film, does not exist in any of the cues that are available for study.

I'm having fun trying to decode the right order of Dooku vs Obi-Wan. I'm guessing the material right at the beginning of the BF2 file is looped (supported by the fact I could reverse-wave it to isolate the synth that follows the percussion). What I don't know is whether anything went in between or whether the low strings that follow the three timp hits leads directly into this.

Most or all (can't remember) of the drum breaks suffered some looping in the film and in the game files. Fortunately, there's enough there to reconstruct it as it was originally recorded. All I ask for is some patience...the intended order will become clear before too long. :) (I'd describe it in detail, but I don't have access to my main computer right now, and it's too convoluted to describe from memory.)

Cool...

I wonder if you were aware though that a clean opening to that cue can be found in the DS version of TFU? I dunno if I told you that or not - I remember I told Trent about that, but not whether I sent you that particular recording.

I know of one file that has it clean with really terrible sound quality (lots of crackling and distortion, IIRC), but I prefer the DVD rip over that. Is that the one you're thinking of?

• 3 weeks later...

Stay tuned to the mockup thread ;)

Forgot to explain the missing slate numbers:

1m1 is the Main Titles, which were entirely tracked from TPM, not re-recorded at all

2m4 would be Dex's Diner.

3m9 is the tracked music from TPM for Aankin and Padme's conversation after his nightmare, when he tells Padme his mother is suffering.

5m4 is the tracked music from TPM for Obi-Wan and Dooku's Conversation as well as Anakin and Padme's arrival at Geonosis

6m3 and 6m4 is all the tracked TPM music for the arena battle and clone battle on Geonosis

I wonder why they calculated the number of bars of 6m3 and 6m4... Was JW involved in the tracking-of-music process?

• 6 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but I noticed a mistake in the cue breakdown :

06 1m7A Zam Chase Pt. 1 - 3:32

Orchestrator: Conrad Pope

Length: 158 bars

Appears on OST: 03 Zam the Assassin and The Chase Through Coruscant [1:02-4:20] (3:18) - Mostly intact, but 23 seconds are microedited out at 2:23

Film Alterations: Guitar solos dialed out

Scene Description:

Notes: This cue is intended to segue directly to the next cue

^ This should say 15 seconds are microedited out not 23. You can confirm this by either adding up the timestamps or scrolling up a bit to here:

06 1m7A Zam Chase Pt. 1 - 3:32 - 03 Zam the Assassin and The Chase Through Coruscant [1:02-2:32] (1:30) / Unreleased (0:15) / [2:32-4:20] (1:48)