Rest In Peace Peter Falk.

Ollie

http://news.yahoo.co...obit_peter_falk

Rest In peace.

He has ties to John Williams as he starred in Penelope.

But he was a very good actor and appeared in several of my favorite films, The Great Race, Princess Bride and It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World. And who could forget Columbo?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the line, "If the umpire ruled me out on a bad call, I'd take the fake eye out and hand it to him." Now, that's arguing a call.

Oh no :blink:

But wouldn't it be a great comedic homage if while wrapping up the funeral proceedings, there is a "Er, just one more thing Sir" by an attendee wearing one of his famous long coats. :)

columbo+CAR.jpg

As far as I remember, Columbo was one of the few well written TV series of the '70s. A show that you can still watch today.

Alex

The tv pilot.

Not quite. Spielberg directed Season 1, Episode 1. Both pilots were directed by Richard Irving.

Falk put in a very touching performance to one of the most beautiful films that I have ever seen: "The Princess Bride".

The tv pilot.

Not quite. Spielberg directed Season 1, Episode 1. Both pilots were directed by Richard Irving.

Falk put in a very touching performance to one of the most beautiful films that I have ever seen: "The Princess Bride".

yea, I mentioned that in the 4th post of the thread. A Princess Bride really is a spectacular movie. And as popular as it is, I still feel like its kind of underrated.

Make sure you get 7-8 hours before returning with your verdict. Though I don't want to hear how my claim wormed its way into Voldemort's monologue tonight.

Uh, no, I didn't mean it quite like that. It's worth at least one read-through. It's still a very good story.

It just gets very long-winded by making far too many references to how Florin and Guilder fit into world history, and how S. Morgenstern was this great literary genius that everyone heard of with regards to the story. The movie makes one or two references to this and moves on, and Peter Falk interacting with the boy from Wonder Years never grows tired.

But in the book, William Goldman beats you over the head with this literary device throughout the novel as he reminds that the reader is reading an abridged account of the much larger tale, which involves a lot of specific measurements and details about the impending wedding or geography that are "graciously" left out of what you are reading.

I read it once. I can say I read it. I have no desire to read it again, unless somehow they got the movie cast to read the book in audio format. So I'd much rather watch the movie.

True story: I had a friend once who believed that S Morgenstern and that longer version of the story was real, and asked me to track it down for her. And we weren't kids - we were 17 at the time!