1941 - 2CD Expanded Score by La-La Land Records

John Takis

Are people snapping this one up at FSM ?, it's not Goldsmith

Yeah I checked the relevant threads at FSM and it seems the score is pretty popular there as well.

Thanks to La-La-Land and everybody involved with this release! As Maurizio said. Can't wait to listen to this!

Really?

Wow, maybe I am underestimating 1941. The movie is an early Spielberg classic with a wildly populare score by JW, so...

Dammit, I can only order this on Friday. :crymore:

___

Dammit, now I am seriously starting to get worried.

Is there a way to see on the La-La Land website how many sets are still left?

shipped... and dissapointed it's not sold out already... (Just kidding)

i had to eat (and pay) a hot dog for being able to seat in the wifi zone of a mall, ... adding 2€ for the final price of the set.

And i cound have ordered it just now at the uni:P

But i was exultant yesterday so i dont care, and you never know with these releases :ola:

So anybody know the answer to this? :|

LLL usually informs if one of their releases is running low. And Jason keeps us pretty well informed if there are any significant developments we should know about. :)

Really?

Wow, maybe I am underestimating 1941. The movie is an early Spielberg classic with a wildly populare score by JW, so...

___

The score is good, the movie is no classic

LLL usually informs if one of their releases is running low. And Jason keeps us pretty well informed if there are any significant developments we should know about. :)

Okay, thanks.

My concern is, though, that if the CDs are really going that fast, even Jason can't warn us in time...

Really?

___

The score is good, the movie is no classic

It's attained cult status among Spielberg fans.

I understand your concern but could be that we are overestimating the popularity of this release as we look at it from JW fan perspective. Let's hope the 3500 pressing lasts for a while. Home Alone is not yet sold out and that is also a pretty popular score.

Spacecamp was not widely available prior to Intrada release and surprisingly sought after. 1941 OST has been around and available still for quite a long time. I can't estimate how much demand or popularity it holds in the film music community in general. It can be very difficult to estimate these things for less known/discussed scores. They could be very popular or they could take years to sell out. I would think 1941 is pretty popular.

And Family Plot is still available despite being pretty sought after and highly anticipated by fans. It has a larger 5000 unit pressing though.

And Family Plot is still available despite being pretty sought after and highly anticipated by fans. It has a larger 5000 unit pressing though.

Is it known how many copies are still left? It might be that 4000 copies sold within days (or 24 hours)...

La-La Land's website will never tell you that information. However, MV Gerhard of La-La Land Records is great a posting on the FSM forums when a title is close to selling out, and also occasionally just giving general updates of how many units a popular title has sold. If he posts anything on FSM, I'll repost it here

Varese never tells you how many copies of one of their titles are left, until it is close to selling out or the license is about to expire

Family Plot is still in print and probably will be for a long time

According to Varese's website, there are 2298 copies of Family Plot still available. You just enter a really large number into the "Add to Cart" box and an error message pops up telling you how many copies are available.

According to Varese's website, there are 2298 copies of Family Plot still available. You just enter a really large number into the "Add to Cart" box and an error message pops up telling you how many copies are available.

Interesting.

Does that work on the La-La Land website too? :)

I just think that many soundtrack sellers on ebay, amazon marketplace, etc might buy a bunch of them, wait until the album is OOP, and then offer them at inflated prices...

So it may go faster than we think.

Why not?

No money or no interest? The former I can understand, the latter not!

It's actually not only the C&C thing (although that's obviously part of it), but just as much because I never really liked the score in the first place. It has a couple of OK marches, but overall I don't really connect to it. Too bombastic, too noisy. And that goes for both how it works in the abysmal film and alone. So I think I'm more than set with my ol' Varese release, which I don't play that often anyway.

Why? Of course.

I'm just surprised you have no idea who Thor is. He's been posting here and at FSM for 10+ years. Read the last page of the "Jurassic Park on the Big Screen" thread to see his viewpoints

That's precisely the reason why Predator, The Poseidon Adventure, SpaceCamp, and Explorers sold out so fast.

Since 1941 has an OST that's still in print, it won't sell out as fast.

Why not?

No money or no interest? The former I can understand, the latter not!

It's actually not only the C&C thing (although that's obviously part of it), but just as much because I never really liked the score in the first place. It has a couple of OK marches, but overall I don't really connect to it. Too bombastic, too noisy. And that goes for both how it works in the abysmal film and alone. So I think I'm more than set with my ol' Varese release, which I don't play that often anyway.

Well, like I said somewhere else, I am not a big fan of this movie/score, either (or at least haven't been up till now), but I will get this release anyway just because it seems to me like a score that I might end up enjoying later. You never know.

I too have the Varese release (and almost never play it), but still... this seems like too great an opportunity to miss. And I gotta say, so far I have never regretted buying a JW album. :)

That's precisely the reason why Predator, The Poseidon Adventure, SpaceCamp, and Explorers sold out so fast.

Since 1941 has an OST that's still in print, it won't sell out as fast.

I don't think that the Varese release of 1941 is still in print, though. It's not for sale on their site.

Well, I think we can all agree that this release of 1941 will go fast.

The only question is: how fast?

We talking a month, 2-3 weeks, 1 week, a couple of days, or within 24 hours?