1941 - 2CD Expanded Score by La-La Land Records

John Takis

But it was only released a week-and-a-half ago. It's called international shipping!

But the strange thing is, Incanus up there in Finland already has his! Isn't Finland farther away from the U.S. than the U.K.? :P

Also got the score about four days ago. It arrived in perfect condition, no damage whatsoever. And it is a great score and a perfect album release :)

I especially love the ammunition motif and its development in the "The Tank Approaches" cue.

Karol,

If I were you I would drop MV an email and let him know what's happened. Tell him you'll still keep an eye out for it but if it doesn't show up by the end of the week to see if he'll re-send you another one. Even maybe offer to pay for a faster way to get the CD to you.

I've only had one mixup with La-La. I ordered The Edge and Speed 2 when they were released. Never received a package, so I told MV and he said he sent out another one. That I never received after like a week or something, so I told him again. He was kind enough to send out another package, which I received with both scores. But then like a couple days later I finally received that second one he sent out, but the odd thing is that it only had Speed 2 and not The Edge.

In the end it worked out, and I sent back that extra Speed 2.

I've never received a box from SAE. They use padded envelops but also use extra bubble wrap. I've never had a problem with them.

I ordered Home Alone last year and waited 3 weeks for the delivery. Notified them and they said they would send me another one after Christmas.

But then it arrived on Christmas Eve. Very fitting actually. :)

Karol - who will wait patiently til the end of this week

I've never received a box from SAE. They use padded envelops but also use extra bubble wrap. I've never had a problem with them.

I always get boxes with plenty of bubble wrap inside. But I usually order something from 4 to 8 CDs at once, to relativise the shipping costs.

I am glad you finally got it. Or almost. But hey at least you have something to look forward to tomorrow. :)

I always get boxes with plenty of bubble wrap inside. But I usually order something from 4 to 8 CDs at once, to relativise the shipping costs.

I normally get 2 at a time, sometimes 3.

my compy has a 2-3 cm crack on the back jewel case, but the cd supporting pins are intact.

Directly from LLL and in a padded envelope.

For a moment there I thought you were talking about a small green dinosaur. :lol:

MV posted on the FSM boards that this will likely be completely sold out within the hour, so anybody who was sitting on their hands - now's the time to get this release for a reasonable price.

I'm starting to get a bit worried as I've not received my LLL package yet. My order was taken the day of 1941 release and shipped shortly afterwards! Being in NYC for a week starting tomorrow, I'm going to have to wait until I return to see whether it's been lost in the mail for good. Do you think LLL would still have a spare copy to ship in that worst case scenario?

I'd email them immediately if I were you. Maybe they can secure a copy for you from other places. I know the album is still available from MovieMusic. I don't know how this works though.

Karol

Who knows? La-La Land's Krull, for example has been out of print for almost a year and yet MovieMusic still got some copies. That's how I bought it a few months ago btw.

Karol

• 9 years later...

gosh do i love this score and release.

it really sounds like JW had a blast writing this one.

there is simply NO WAY you can prefer the OST to this release.

Hopefully something OST zealots can admit.

lol just realized this was in the General Discussion.  I usually google old topics + JWFan forum cause the search function here is kinda weird. @Jay pinging you in case you want to move it.

It's a great release, disc 1 of this set tells such a better story than the 40 minute OST album.

I'd love for this to come back into print for newer fans to discover -- too bad Sony Music would have to be involved to make that happen

On 10/8/2011 at 11:57 PM, Ricard said:

THIS is a good packaging. And all it contains is one single Blu-ray.

http://www.jwfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/amazonpackage.jpg

Amazon don't do packaging like this in Europe anymore. Now it's usually put in a thin cardboard envelope with no padding.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I'd love for this to come back into print for newer fans to discover -- too bad Sony Music would have to be involved to make that happen

When I saw this thread bumped I thought this might be on the cards 😔 

Well there is still eBay if you really want it but that's kinda of expensive

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/383262789715?hash=item593c3e1053:g:L~sAAOSwh8pdyjtN = 220€ + shipping

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/164434598138?hash=item264910d8fa:g:naoAAOSwz0xfgNQ8 = $90 + shipping

1 hour ago, His Royal Noelness said:

You’re not really. 

Nah I am.

I missed out on the LLL Jurassic Park release.

Everytime I see that thread bumped I go :w00t:

Only to open it up and go :shakehead:

It’s a pain that never ends. 

I’d be shocked if JP didn’t get a rerelease at some point though!

I'd speculate any JW LLL title that sold out will get reissued again in the future.  He's such an evergreen composer, it's an investment that pays off.

However, MV recently post that they have 8 UME, 2 SME, and 1 WMG title waiting to be approved, so I'm sure they will be waiting for some of these logjams to come undone before submitting these types of reissues to them.  He also recently posted that Warner Records is forcing new artwork to be made since they changed their name from Warner Bros Records, so any titles done through them will have that extra step and approval to worry about too (not relevant to 1941, as that's SME or the Jurassics, as those are UMG, but just saying in general)

• 6 months later...

OUR WAREHOUSE FINDS ARE YOURS!

We have uncovered a very limited amount of these four OUT OF PRINT titles that we are offering now on our website only!

They aren't coming back, just some found last remaining stock. If you missed out on these, now's your last chance!

We have...

20 THE GREAT RACE (3-CD SET) 15 BEVERLY HILLS COP (NOTE: this is our original, sold out 2016 release - our current 35th Anniversary release of this CD is temporarily out of stock, but this initial release features the same audio/master presentation and liner notes)10 1941 (2-CD SET) 15 STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE (3-CD SET)

Get em before they be gone... Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

The-Great-Race-FB-shareable-Web.jpg

BHC-cover_Web.jpg

1941-iTunes-Email.jpg

Star-Trek-TMP-cover-Web.jpg

Get em before they be gone... Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

On 08/10/2011 at 11:57 PM, Ricard said:

THIS is a good packaging. And all it contains is one single Blu-ray.

http://www.jwfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/amazonpackage.jpg

Those were the days. Nowadays, when I order CDs/DVSs/blurays from Amazon (whichever branch), the packaging is usually a thin cardboard envelope. Protects very badly during international shipping. I've become very familiar with their customer service.

Gutted I missed this, only needed this release and Empire of the Sun and I'd have all their Williams expansions (well I don't have Hook but I'm holding out and hoping they revisit it someday for a more definitive release).

• 1 year later...

I would love to see this re-issued again. One of their greatest expansions with an absolutely perfect arrangement/sequencing.

This gets purchased the instant it comes back, no question. I’ve almost dropped $100 for it but I’ve held out against the scalpers for this long.

1 minute ago, blondheim said:

I would pay $45 for it right now, that’s not that bad.

Put it on your Discogs wantlist so you're notified of new listings and do a saved search with email alerts on eBay.

Of course ideally it would just get a reissue

• 1 year later...
28 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

hi sorry for possible dumb question, but are the horns from 1:11-1:15 sped up in post production or did the orchestra really play that fast?

I mean...