LOTR Complete Recordings Out Of Print? Being Reissued?

Trent Hoyt

I bought all mine on the day of release, and FOTR is curved while TTT and ROTK are flat

img0312pyg.jpg

I think there are curved TTTs out there, though, from what I remember. Dunno about ROTK.

Yeah that's what I was talking about.

infact he linked BloodBoals the "Lighting of the Beacons vs. The White Tree" to his blog (so you should be nice to the one who got you publicity BloodBoal!)

WHAT ?! Did he put All Rights Reserved © BloodBoal Corp ? Did he add ™ ? I can't believe it !

No, but he did say that your review was the most well thought out thing he heard in a long while and said "forget Incanus, Bloodboal (aka "The Messenger") is the music analysis thread (comparison threads included) maker!"

Now, that's more like it, although, why did he have to toss Incanus away like that ? I'm telling you, there's something wrong with that guy ! He is trying to turn us against each other !

Yeah why!!!??? Oh the cruel injustice! Looks like you are in Bloodboal and I'm out. Such are the tides of musical analysis. :crymore:

I just checked again, and I remembered incorrectly he reallly said: "Bloodboal (aka "The Messenger") is the best music analysis thread (comparison threads included) maker with Incanus at a close second!"

Can we get back to the topic?

There is nothing to see here anymore. Problem solved. Move to another thread people.

Now, that's more like it, although, why did he have to toss Incanus away like that ? I'm telling you, there's something wrong with that guy ! He is trying to turn us against each other !

He's like the Voice of Saruman!

So, Fellowship is expected to come back into stock/print at some point?

I've been fearing I've missed it for good.

So, Fellowship is expected to come back into stock/print at some point?

I've been fearing I've missed it for good.

According to Doug it's supposed to.

Ah, there it is right there in the FAQ. Good. Patience, then. :D

Hah! And he addresses the packaging colors. My OCD hates that they don't match the DVD sets! :lol:

Ah, there it is right there in the FAQ. Good. Patience, then. :D

Hah! And he addresses the packaging colors. My OCD hates that they don't match the DVD sets! :lol:

Wrong! DVD's don't match the Special Edition OST's. ;)

Karol

Thanks, everyone! Wait, when do I get the messageboard guidebook that explains which posters are being serious and which are doing schtick?

Yes... That might take some figuring out.

Basically, every thread degenerates into everone doing schtick evetually, so...

Thanks, everyone! Wait, when do I get the messageboard guidebook that explains which posters are being serious and which are doing schtick?

The problem is that no members are permanently serious or doing schtick. A member can be posting some deep and meaningful score analysis, and, on the same day, go crazy and post naked pictures of Williams !

The intricacies of JWFan can drive a man to drink!

He's like the Voice of Saruman!

ROTFLMAO Saw this the other day. I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

Yeah we were robbed of this one (and many others). They were very entertaining and informative and I play them every once in a while.

Karol

The problem is that no members are permanently serious or doing schtick. A member can be posting some deep and meaningful score analysis, and, on the same day, go crazy and post naked pictures of Williams !

The intricacies of JWFan can drive a man to drink!

Was that the night I left everything I owned in the pub ... or the night we were intercepted by Wally?

Or were those events on the same night? That was quite a week ...

Welcome Doug! Thanks for the Complete Recordings and book!

Hey, any chance of hearing that Indiana Jones 4 FSM podcast... :)

The Kaplans and I have been talking about doing a podcast sometime in the near future. We're definitely not ready to hang them up. We've just all been overwhelmed by other projects for the past few years. That's certainly not a bad thing, but it's not done the podcasts any good.

Welcome Doug! Thanks for the Complete Recordings and book!

Hey, any chance of hearing that Indiana Jones 4 FSM podcast... :)

The Kaplans and I have been talking about doing a podcast sometime in the near future. We're definitely not ready to hang them up. We've just all been overwhelmed by other projects for the past few years. That's certainly not a bad thing, but it's not done the podcasts any good.

Awesome! And thank you very much for all the other projects! :)

Doug, is it safe to presume the same "complete recordings" treatment will be given to The Hobbit scores?

That'll be more a decision of the studios and record companies, and it's honestly just too early for them to begin thinking about such things.

Certainly I would hope such a project will be possible ... and the success of the LOTR Compete Recordings and the book don't hurt the situation. But in short, we really don't know yet.

Of course, the score still has to be composed and recorded, so one thing at a time. :)

It certainly take a bit of time to recognize the serious talk from the jokes (sometimes the line it exceedingly thin anyway) on this MB. But as a rule we are not a mean spirited bunch, more prone to jokes than actual invectives against members here. I am sure you can handle this place Doug!

And it is great that these sets are in such demand (well obviously not to those who want them and do not yet have them) and the book so popular. It is quite a good sign of the enduring popularity of this music that after 6 years (since FotR CR came out) they are still running out of the sets at the internet retailers because this demand. The scalpers who see an opporturnity to sell these sets for outrageous amount are such an unfortunate phenomenon, using people's uncertainty to make money.

Was that the night I left everything I owned in the pub ... or the night we were intercepted by Wally?

Or were those events on the same night? That was quite a week ...

Relying on Twitter due to gaps in my personal (rather hazy) remembrance of events, it was the night/morning of that crisis. Wally was something of a fixture, so is not necessarily a valid chronological marker.

It was also the day before Fondue Day!

Actually the admin/ mod staff likes to keep it a secret, that way you never know if we are being serious with discipline.

Doug, just stay out of any threads Stefan Cosman has started in Other Topics, and you'll do fine :)

But they do. unsure.gif

Well, the same colors are used, but they're mixed up.

On the DVD sets Fellowship is green instead of red, Towers red instead of blue, and King blue instead of green.

Do try to keep up. ;)

Wrong! DVD's don't match the Special Edition OST's. ;)

I have shamed myself. I must now do penance...

:fouetaa:

But they do. unsure.gif

Well, the same colors are used, but they're mixed up.

On the DVD sets Fellowship is green instead of red, Towers red instead of blue, and King blue instead of green.

Do try to keep up. ;)

Close enough! :P

• 1 year later...

I still don't own the Complete Recordings for LOTR, and was thinking of finally getting them. But I wonder if they will reissue them? Especially in the case of Two Towers, which looks like it is OOP?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Lord-Of-Rings-Recordings/dp/B000IZJZIK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351883267&sr=8-1&keywords=lord+of+the+rings+complete+recordings+two+towers

All three Complete Recordings sets go in and out of stock all the time, and when they do people try to sell on the marketplace for crazy high prices. However, the sets are NOT actually out of print AT ALL, and eventually more stock will come in and Amazon will be selling them for the totally normal price. The current sets are going to be in print for a very long time and no re-issue is planned.

Good to know, I was initially holding off on getting them in case a reissue was planned to coincide with Hobbit, but I guess there is no reason to wait then (except for Two Towers for now, heh).

• 5 months later...

The complete recordings for FOTR have once again disappeared from amazon. I know it's only temporary, but I'm curious, how long has it taken in the past for these sets to become available again? I've been waiting for TTT since November!