What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

JdzSgiE.jpg

Barry Lyndon - Stanley Kubrick (1975)

Love it: the story, the superb cinematography, the classical/traditional music used to great effect, the slow pace... Quality film!

9/10

My favorite Kubrick

Oddly enough, the last time I watched it, the film failed to do anything for me. It all left me a bit cold. I still think the Blu-ray with its different aspect ratio could be the reason for my lukewarm reaction. There was no communication, no interaction (between the artist and the spectator). I could suddenly understand why people call this an emotionally distant movie. I have to rewatch the DVD to see if it makes for a different viewing experience.

Alex

BloodBoal's absolutely gutted by this twist!

Is that third Hobbit movie worth watching? Upon revisiting them, I actually mildly enjoyed the first two. And which cut should I seek out?

You could be a cool cat like me baby and never complete the trilogy just like I never watched The Matrix Revolutions or The Dark Knight Rises.

BloodBoal's absolutely gutted by this twist!

Is that third Hobbit movie worth watching? Upon revisiting them, I actually mildly enjoyed the first two. And which cut should I seek out?

You could be a cool cat like me baby and never complete the trilogy just like I never watched The Matrix Revolutions or The Dark Knight Rises.

I really liked The Dark Knight Rises to be honest. It has some major plot-holes (to the point where even I noticed them) but the operatic scale of everything more than makes up for it.

I thought The Dark Knight Rises was supposed to be really good and a fitting finale? The only reason I haven't watched it is because my viewing style sort of objects to a Batman movie which is pushing nearly 3hrs in length. Nolan alone I can only really muster 2hrs at any one time.

I didn't like it, its not a good followup to the first 2 chapters of the story. It was long and pretty boring, and full of plot holes and nonsense

Then there are those who say it's the best because it's the least Nolan-esque of them all. It's like how Jackie Brown is the least Tarantino-esque movie of Tarantino.

If only more directors would make films that have no trace of themselves! Those are the best.

And you love Kubrick?! Yeah right! I always knew you were only just saying that. Nah, TV movies and studio movies don't have a trace of the director. You better stick to those.

If only more directors would make films that have no trace of themselves! Those are the best.

And you love Kubrick?! Yeah right! I always knew you were only just saying that. Nah, TV movies and studio movies don't have a trace of the director. You better stick to those.

I also prefer overly loud mixes and portentious dramatic strings and piano. Would you recommend CBS?

It's the trendy choice for a Nolan favorite.

It's how people, who are tired of the usual choices, try to set themselves apart from the rest.

You have me pegged.

But he doesn't know what to do with those tossed salads and scrambled eggs?