What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

Yet again, the difference between Democrats and Republicans wasn't as ideologically steep back then. They were just regular people who agreed to disagree about the boring operations of government. Today, conservatives are normal people who go to work, and leftists are lunatics who judge you on how many gender pronouns you can remember.

The Legend of Alice Flagg, aka Honeymoon from Hell

Newly wed couple stays at the bed & breakfast from hell. Catherine Hicks' manager makes it like some sterile Texas Chainsaw Massacre rip-off. It was so dopey, I kind of liked it.

Okay, I either have very poor taste or Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes are consistently wrong. I had postponed watching this film for a while and decided to only do so when nothing of interest was on, which seems to be the case week after week these days. I really liked this entry, except for the fact that I didn't understand why everyone is suddenly bad-tempered with Spock, the creature at the end could have done with a little more backstory and there were some lame jokes, but other than that, way better than the previous ones (minus 4). One question still remains, why do Klingons hate Kirk/the whole world?

And the surprises didn't end there. Goldsmith's score really impressed me. The main theme sounded exhilarating, the sequences in 'heaven' had superb music, I will finally remember a Klingon theme and the recording sounded excellent (reverb is amazing).

16 hours ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

Yet again, the difference between Democrats and Republicans wasn't as ideologically steep back then. They were just regular people who agreed to disagree about the boring operations of government. Today, conservatives are normal people who go to work, and leftists are lunatics who judge you on how many gender pronouns you can remember.

No conservative pubtards are snivilng worthless beings who blood should be spilled. Start at the top and fewer below should have to follow. Kill them kill them all

Judging from what you've said in the past, modern day college student daycare sissies would probably call you a white supremacist, privileged, cisgender "gay Uncle Tom" -- yes, they have coined that one. These freaks will have institutional power in 15-20 years. Trump was merely an electoral setback for them. In a few short decades, America will become a Demolition Man-style, safe-space nightmare dystopia from hell.

10 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

You didn't include the title of the movie you're talking about @bollemanneke.  I assume you watched Star Trek V: The Final Frontier?  Great movie.

Of course I completely disagree with you about 1-3 being bad though.

Ah yes, sorry, Star Trek V it was indeed.

Ok, this morning I do it.

My decision is taken.

I will tie myself in front of my screen and I will watch Images for the first time.

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « tied chair  »

Darkman - Sam Raimi brings his manic energy to this mash-up of Batman and Phantom Of The Opera, with very enjoyable results. Some scenes suffer from the budgetary restraints, but overall tremendous fun.

3 hours ago, Richard said:

...and..?

After 2 minutes from the beginning I can already say it's the worst movie opening scene (music and montage) I ever saw in all my life.

I already want to untie my hands.

(I try to watch Images, for the first time)

7 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Bespin, tu es un canard bizarre

What? Are you calling me a duck? :o

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

J'aime courir et sauter dans mon pantalon.

You describe yourself very well!

I watched Images for 6 minutes, let's say it's enough for today, ok?

Is it enough to say: "yeah, yeah, I saw that movie"? :sarcasm:

What do you have to talk about ducks and sheeps?

People are so weird here... ;)

Finally, I will return to my movie... the phone rings... 

Oh my god, the music... a torture, those scary sounds... 

It's remembers the horrible soundtrack of the original movie of Planet of the apes.

This movie is very "peculiar".

@Stefancos Oh I guess you talked about music, sorry. 

Seriously, my favorite composer is Bach. Johann Sebastian Bach. Do you think I like atonal music? Seriously.

Do you think I like music with scary sounds and deep breaths in it?

Com'on.

For who you take me? :P

And I DO have culture, I think.  That's why I TRY to watch Images.

As I don't know the score, I guess it's the best starting point...

But, I must admit... it's... hard...

I think I will wait some times before watching Heartbeeps:huh:

EDIT : I'll finish Images another day, this movie really turns me down. 45 minutes is enough for today! I can't bare the gling-glings no more.

Hey Mr. Grey, since my first day here on the forum, I have fun saying that I don't like Images... maybe... just because everyone say they love it.

But in the "What Is The Last Score YouListened To?" thread, I never see... Images.

Can we have a little bit of fun here?

8 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

One can easily love both Bach and the "atonal."  Anything short of that is uncultured.  Certainly not JWFan Pro material!

It is pretty bizarre to say "I like Mozart therefore I'm not allowed to like Stockhausen" or whatever.  It's just like how Cremers thinks that you can't appreciate Breaking Bad if you like Star Trek The Next Generation, though.

28 minutes ago, Bespin said:

I'm so sorry not to be a part of the "JWFan Pro"... we talked about an odd-duck previously... Well... ;)

Bes, you're more JWfan Select.

Honestly, though, top marks for trying to watch that film. It's not an easy experience, nor is listening to the OST. 

34 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Can we have a little bit of fun here?

I saw my  doctor, last week. He said "You've got six months to live".

I said "I want a second opinion".

He said " O.k., you're also ugly".

The Rage: Carrie 2

This was so awful, I think I liked it. Sure it lacked the bleak atmosphere and suspense of the '76 film, but it's still oddly watchable. Amy Irving returns and she's completely useless. The new psycho-kinetic chick is a charmer, I kinda liked her. I thought this was a TV movie until I looked it up and found they released it in cinemas!

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

JWFan "Pro": circle wank habitat of the sociopathic uber gimp. I'll give it a miss, thanks.

Quintus - putting his feet up as usual in JWFan "Not Arsed"

:o