What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

2 hours ago, Muad'Dib said:

About Schmidt is fundamental.

You have misguided feelings about the importance of watching fictional movies. Fundamental would be anything that helps someone get a good job, house and love life. Your silly movie isn't that. 

7 hours ago, W0$ said:

You have misguided feelings about the importance of watching fictional movies. Fundamental would be anything that helps someone get a good job, house and love life. Your silly movie isn't that. 

There are books and movies that have helped me getting a job and my current partner. Some books and movies have changed my life.

Also, ton of movies have helped me reflect about my own life and dig up stuff from my subconcious that I didn't even remember. Movies can be more than silly and entertaining.

Two terrible films.

Suicide Squad. Will Smith is always good. Jared Leto as the Joker was not. The enchanress was pretty bad.

Death Wish. Another weak film from Eli Roth. Who bankrolls this guy?

54 minutes ago, Muad'Dib said:

There are books and movies that have helped me getting a job and my current partner.

Are you referring to the self-help book "How to get a job and a partner", and its adaptation?

15 minutes ago, dougie said:

My Master of US Studies helped get me my first media job when everyone else was telling me it was a deadend Arts degree.

With your understanding of the US I'd say someone got ripped off.

Some Kind Of Wonderful (1987)

So, I just dropped into the Discord last Sunday. I had a conversation with SteveMc and I asked what his Discord pic was. He told me that it was a poster of some sort for the movie, Some Kind of Wonderful.  So I got curious and decided to watch it on Netflix.

Usually, I'm a sucker for action movies such as Star Wars and Die Hard. But, this one didn't get me bored. I like the characters in the movie and how they play their parts. The whole plot is interesting too. The dialogue is also not that bad, either. Eventhough I sometimes did want a little more action, I have to say it was fun to watch.

Nelson was my favorite character in the movie, with his sort of complicated role to play. After that, I would put Watts, and then Amanda Jones.

*** out of ****

Good movie.  Especially the last minutes.

Thanks, Steve!

@Ii2, Glad you enjoyed it! :)  The dialogue is remarkably naturalistic, yes, and the characters are quite compelling.  From a writing standpoint, one of John Hughes's best efforts.  A strong coming-of-age movie indeed.  I'll post a full review sometime in the future.

45 minutes ago, dougie said:

I'll be deep in the cold ground before I recognise Missourah!

No such place . 

3 hours ago, Richard said:

Last night, I watched THE LOBSTER. Can anyone tell me what this about, because I am completely nonplussed?

Terrific acting all round, and Colin Farrell is fantastic, but...oh dear, oh dear...

Is it the 2015 film, because if it is, you just survived the worst plot in Hollywood.:lol:

4 hours ago, Richard said:

Last night, I watched THE LOBSTER. Can anyone tell me what this about, because I am completely nonplussed?

Terrific acting all round, and Colin Farrell is fantastic, but...oh dear, oh dear...

A dystopian society outlaws being single, sends you to a hotel to find a partner, and subsequently turns you into an animal if you don’t. 

21 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

A dystopian society outlaws being single, sends you to a hotel to find a partner, and subsequently turns you into an animal if you don’t. 

Sounds like they read my mind about what's wrong with societal norms and stigmas.

24 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Like I said, the worst plot in Hollywood!:lol:

Derailed

Very thrilling! And some good twists and turns. Vincent Cassell is so ugly and frightening as fuck.

The Strangers: Prey at Night

My love for slashers will never die. It's trashy as hell, but full of good scares and kills.

14 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

The film is fantastic, and far from Hollywood. 

The first act is fantastic. After that, it doesn't hold up very well.