What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

31 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Let me guess, you only watched the war scenes and skipped the stuff in between?

No.

I skipped the idiotic and unnecessary prologue and epilogue . WTF was SS thinking? The film is PERFECT without the blonde.  despite her huge boobs. And old Matt whimpering, " Was I a good man?".

😰

1 minute ago, Brundlefly said:

I absolutely agree on that! The film would be so much better and edgier without the Prologue and Epilogue. Sudden start and sudden end and no soft frame around it.

And no blonde with big boobs distracting us!

I rremember when I first saw it, I was trying to figure out which soldier the old man was. This not only was distracting , but irrelevant. The kicker- he wasn't even part of the invason !

The daughter.

It's been a long time but that's what I remember about the opening; the blonde with the bouncing boobs.

Fyi William Goldman wrote an article saying the same thing.

I may still have it. Premiere mag iirc

Maybe ' they' were edited out of the DVD.

Westworld.

The men in general all sound interchangeable and the pacing couldn’t have been worse: important scenes end before you know it while others just won’t stop. The movie lasts only 84 minutes, but I feel like I just came back from a Hobbit marathon. Also, knowing that this guy came up with Jurassic Park too makes the latter come across as very cheap.

The score is weird, yet oddly appropriate, but way too short, the period music is amazing and the sound mix isn’t very stable.

Bruce, I've asked you many times to stop uploading massive files to our servers.  5MB for a lame joke is inexcusable.  Do it again and I'll have to take your attachment privileges away.  This has got to be the tenth time I've brought this up and I know you're capable of both making files the normal size and hosting them elsewhere if necessary.  Figure it out.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Bruce, I've asked you many times to stop uploading massive files to our servers.  4 megabytes for a lame joke is inexcusable.  Do it again and I'll have to take your attachment privileges away.  This has got to be the tenth time I've brought this up and I know you're capable of both making files the normal size and hosting them elsewhere if necessary.  Figure it out.

I honestly dont understand what I did wrong.

I posted jpeg pics.

I linked to them without reposting the picture.

Please tell me my mistake.

I have been very careful to convert my photos.

I've already told you 10 times I can't explain it any different this time than the first 10 times.  You uploaded a 5MB file that's a picture of your tv, when a screencap of scene from a movie should be like a 100kb upload.  We've gone over this before.  Figure it out.  And don't clutter up this thread asking for help.  This conversation is over.

I didn't realize a photo of a tree is 2mg and a photo of my tv screen is 4mg.

I don't understand why, but now that I know I won't do it anymore.

Live and learn

1 minute ago, The Big Man said:

Phwoarrrr Naomi Watts as Diana was even sexier than the real-life Diana.

never thought Diana was a great beauty or particularly sexy.

Naomi is both!

11 hours ago, Quintus said:

:sleep1:

How come you didn't get slammed?😗

The-Master_Spanish-posterPPP.jpg

Outside the two powerhouse performances of Phoenix and Hoffman, there's very little positive to say about this movie, IMO. Besides the bleak misanthropy, there's no warmth, no compassion, no beauty, no understanding, no other side of the medallion. The world of PTA is just hell on Earth, occupied by Jeroen Bosch characters. 5/10

10 hours ago, AC1 said:

there's no warmth, no compassion, no beauty, no understanding

Mission accomplished.

12 hours ago, Jay said:

There are other places on the internet you guys can go to do that.

You shouldn't always advise people to continue their bad behaviour on other sites.:lol:

12 hours ago, The Big Man said:

Phwoarrrr Naomi Watts as Diana was even sexier than the real-life Diana.

I bet she didn't look as good as Di, in that see-through skirt.

10 hours ago, AC1 said:

The-Master_Spanish-posterPPP.jpg

Besides the bleak misanthropy, there's no warmth, no compassion, no beauty, no understanding, no other side of the medallion.

I think you've just described the plot of BLADE RUNNER.

Last summers Unhinged. Its the most fun you can have in a rather deplorable film. Last Summers 2067, one review said 2012 was fun and watchable but 2067 while somewhat clever is dull and morose. Hits the nail on the head.

15 hours ago, AC1 said:

Outside the two powerhouse performances of Phoenix and Hoffman, there's very little positive to say about this movie, IMO. Besides the bleak misanthropy, there's no warmth, no compassion, no beauty, no understanding, no other side of the medallion. The world of PTA is just hell on Earth, occupied by Jeroen Bosch characters. 5/10

Might possibly be PTA's best! Or at least really close.

I also think all those things you've mentioned exist aplenty in the film. It's just not wearing them on its sleeve, unlike his earlier films.

And here's that other divisive movie from more or less the same era as The Master and that I can't fully endorse for a 100%:

b9dd8965c337c6884e5626b4abb91c68.jpg

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away ... In the meantime, love and celebrate life. Is this the conclusion we should make?

hqdefault.jpg

Remembering tyranny ...

The-Tree-of-Life-015.jpg

Remembering harmony ...

the_tree_of_life08.jpg

Sean Penn looking for answers, the meaning of life, ...

dinopaw-thumb-510x282-46576.jpg

Is compassion a human trait? If so, then what are we looking at?

I maintain that the best part of the movie is Trumbull's 'birth of the universe' sequence:

Tree-of-Life49-650x332.png

tree3-span-blog480.jpg

Also revisited that a few months ago and it still moved me deeply. Fan-fucking-tastic cinema.

Could use less Sean Penn though.

Sean Penn was nominated for " Worst Actor" that year.

But, he ' lost' to Joaquin Phoenix in THE MASTERBATER.

;)

I think that year also gave us LES MISERABLE and that career ending ' performance'  by Russ Crow.

He too was a ' Worst Actor' nominee.

LEZ MISSY lost to MASTER for Worst Picture of the Year.

1 hour ago, KK said:

Could use less Sean Penn though.

Any film could use less Sean Penn.

48 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

I think that year also gave us LES MISERABLE and that career ending ' performance'  by Russ Crow.

The best thing about LES MISERABLES, is the Honest Trailer. Funny as.

Watched last February's release the Hunt. Its a wonderfully schlocky metapolitico film. Lady you done fucked up! Followed latter by horsefaced Swank's ooops. Blumehouse is slowly but surely putting out fun entertainment.