What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

5 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Watch Three Fugitives instead lol

Nah I've already seen the original french movie and didn't like it much not sure this one will be better after all it's still Veber directing

MV5BNDdmZWNiYjQtZjE3Ni00Njc3LTgwODEtMWFi

My latest Argento 'discovery', and despite the label 'italian Hitchcock' often tagged on him, he's more the italian Di Palma. He's sure as trashy/entertaining (though sadly Opera is from his post-Morricone years). It's a fun, decadent bloodfest, ennobled by its opera setting, but a movie where the killer regularly pins needles in young women's eyelids (in between other gruesome acts) can't really claim high culture as its aim. It's very stylish, though. The lousy acting is something like a corollary to the, shall we say, forced artificiality that invites you to watch out for actors winking at the camera. I still rather watch this three times than the fucking boring 'Jackie', which was also on the ARTE menu.

6 hours ago, Bespin said:

I don't know what to listen, I've lost the beat!

Edit: Milk, American President, Apollo 13, The Last of the Mohicans.

20210426_190700.jpg

THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS,

THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT,

MILK.

In that order.

Use APOLLO 13 as a coaster on which to place your drink, while you listen to the others.

Spider-Man-Far-From-Home-Netflix.jpg

I couldn't take more than 15 minutes of it. Only for Anti-Snyders that need that obvious humorous tone in their superhero movies, even if that tone is not very funny and juvenile.

media.jpg

It's been 9 years since I've watched a Michael Haneke film (which was Amour) so this one was really overdue. While it's good, it's somewhat boring at the same time. I probably need to watch it again to get the deeper layers. I mean, look at the laurels the film has received! Have I watched to many Marvel movies? Anyway, for now, I would say it's one of his lesser ones.

First Blood

Haven't seen it in a long time. Looks terrific, good performances, good action, but I love the story's themes of PTSD and reintegration most, it's a great different take on "horrors of war". For that reason I'm not planning on ever seeing the others, I haven't heard good things.

I don't watch many superhero movies and I haven't seen any of the live action ones since Spider-Man 2, but I did watch Into the Spiderverse with my kids and it was fabulous. Even the soundtrack was absolutely spot on. 

2 hours ago, Holko said:

First Blood

Haven't seen it in a long time. Looks terrific, good performances, good action, but I love the story's themes of PTSD and reintegration most, it's a great different take on "horrors of war". For that reason I'm not planning on ever seeing the others, I haven't heard good things.

Noooooo, the second one is an iconic action film, with Goldsmith pulling no stops. The third is, eh, fine, I guess - it has its moments, but can drag a bit. Again, worth it for Goldsmith. The fourth is fine if you're a glutton for excessive violence but the score sucks, and the fifth is for fans only.

20 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

FIRST BLOOD is a great, tight film about a man out of time, trying, desperately, to survive in an alien world, that's left him betrayed, and broken.

RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD PART II is Reaganism in full flight.

What's Part III, then?

4 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

FIRST BLOOD is a great, tight film about a man out of time, trying, desperately, to survive in an alien world, that's left him betrayed, and broken.

RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD PART II is Reaganism in full flight.

Stallone turned two, HUMAN characters- Rocky and Rambo- into larger than life right- wing comic book propaganda pushers.

Which is why I never watched past the first ones.

2 hours ago, Unlucky Bastard said:

It's funny that Rambo III represents the general public's internalised image of the character, yet it was probably the least watched by most people for a long time.

I have a weird relationship with the Rambo series where I prefer the modern sequels to the originals.

6 minutes ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

I have a weird relationship with the Rambo series where I prefer the modern sequels to the originals.

I enjoy the fourth one, but five has that weird re-appropriated script feel about it, as if they took an existing, unrelated action movie script and rebranded it into the Rambo franchise.

48 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Reviews, film clips, PLOT SYNOPSIS, friends telling me about them.

I can get a pretty good sense.

Ah yeah, other people's response to a film means more than your own. Why do you have such a low opinion of yourself?

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Bastard said:

Ah yeah, other people's response to a film means more than your own. Why do you have such a low opinion of yourself?

ROCKY.IV.

ROCKY travels to Russia to fight a super-human boxer who killed his best friend Apollo Creed.

ROCKY II - Same exact plot but this time he wins the championship.

RAMBO sequels- Rambo gets to refight the Vietnam War and fight the Russkies in Afghanistan.

That's enough for me to skip the films which betray the original character in EVERY.FILM.

( I've seen bits of all of them)

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Bastard said:

. Why do you have such a low opinion of yourself?

Why?

I waste hours of my week on this site!😝