What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

Watched The Matador, a reasonably interesting off-beat vehicle for Pierce Brosnan in which he plays a washed out hitman looking for a friend in square businessman Greg Kinnear. A completely unbelievable paring which just about gets away with its nonsense as a result of a decent, brutally witty script and Brosnan's superb, self-deprecating performance. There's a swimming pool sequence involving black speedo trunks, cowboy boots and a beer belly and it's freaking hilarious. I'm always quick to forget how good Brosnan can be for some reason. 3/5

Life of Pi

It's a good movie on the basic level of the story... but incredibly pretentious when it goes off about religion and the meaning of life

But it's the first time that I see CG animals that look like real animals

I had to check on google to see if the tiger was real or animated after seeing the film

He is often not seen as a particularly formidable actor, but he had more range then you expect. And oozes screen presence.

He was terrific in the Tailor of Panama as well

Your image isn't showing up because movieposterdb doesn't allow hotlinking. You have to re-host a pic from there on another site first if you want to use their images

capturebl.jpg

How ironic that a man with such a profound signature would post a "picture" consisting of nothing more than words, mere chatter, empty of meaning.

Pictures, visual images, are far better to achieve that end than any words, particularly now, when the world has lost all mystery and magic and speech has become mere chatter, empty of meaning - Andrei Tarkovsky

I obviously know how to see what image he is trying to show us, I was letting him know that this happens to his posts all the time and how to make it not happen in the future.

I just watched Hook. (2nd time in Bluray)

I think one of the most unfair things about John Williams' career is that the music wasn't even nominated for an OScar!

Also, is it only me, or other people too are deeply moved by the whole remembrance scene? (ok, i was crying, but don't tell it anyone)

Has anyone seen this film?

I'm looking forward to watching it one of these days.

They say it 's visually stunning! (i've seen the director's previous similar film "Baraka".)

As I see it, I'd love it if it had a John Debney score ala Passion of Christ!

I haven't seen it nor Baraka but I like the music for both. I feel like I'd like these type of "life documentaries" over the Qatsi trilogy.

Well, since I've seen Baraka I can't remember anything that caught my attention about the music.

I watched the first half of The Muppet Movie last night, before I decided that I really needed to go to bed. Amazing that in 31 years of growing up with the Muppets, I had never seen the movie. Oh, I know its soundtrack inside and out. "The Rainbow Connection" had me in tears, which it always does. I found it curious that Rowlf's line "you look like you could use a drink" is on the album but not in the film. And the number of celebrity cameos -- of even those I don't remember their names -- seems to far surpass that of the first Muppet movie I came to love, The Great Muppet Caper. I seem to now understand a lot of the jokes and circumstances of the recent Jason Segel movie, like Gonzo's fascination with plungers.

I think one of the most unfair things about John Williams' career is that the music wasn't even nominated for an OScar!

Also, is it only me, or other people too are deeply moved by the whole remembrance scene? (ok, i was crying, but don't tell it anyone)

the whole film is worth forgetting.

well, i completely disagree.

it's one of my favourite movies. I don't understand all the negative attitude by most people towards it.

I get goosebumps in many scenes.. The atmosphere is so magical, I get moved also in many scenes (in the face of pan cue, remembrance scene, final choir cue when they return home).

Also I think Dustin Hoffmann should have been nominated for an Oscar, and "when you're alone" is the best song John Williams has ever written!

the only negative thing that i can see about it, is Julia Roberts casted as Tink (or her hideous haircut/wig). But I've got used to it by now a bit..

well, i completely disagree.

it's one of my favourite movies. I don't understand all the negative attitude by most people towards it.

I get goosebumps in many scenes.. The atmosphere is so magical, I get moved also in many scenes (in the face of pan cue, remembrance scene, final choir cue when they return home).

Also I think Dustin Hoffmann should have been nominated for an Oscar, and "when you're alone" is the best song John Williams has ever written!

the only negative thing that i can see about it, is Julia Roberts casted as Tink (or her hideous haircut/wig). But I've got used to it by now a bit..

its one of the if not the worst film Steven Spielberg ever directed. KOTCS is a masterpiece by comparison. Hoffman was the best thing about it. Williams was terrible and Williams score never moved me an ounce. There is no magic to be found here. The Lost Boys is beyond horrible.

1941 is a much better film. Hook doesn't hold a comparison. Williams performance is so bad it sinks the whole film.

Williams performance is so bad it sinks the whole film.

Robin Williams is pretty terrible, but, for me, he is more than made up for by Dustin Hoffman's wonderful performance. He's so over the top. His scenes are so entertaining, and I can't look away when he is on screen.

I can't think of anybody I liked in 1941, let alone anything I liked in 1941.

I like so much of 1941. It's very flawed and over the top but it never pretends to be magical while Hook is a shame from the first frame to the last.