What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

Not according to Koray (fails to enjoy Lolita) and filmmusic (fails to enjoy A Clockwork Orange). However, I generally agree with your statement but I don't like 'm all equally. I do have my favorites. 2001, of course, is his Magnum Opus followed by Eyes Wide Shut these days.

I didn't dismiss Lolita because of its genre, though. Just didn't think it was well made.

My top three Kubrick goes:

1. A Clockwork Orange

2. The Shining

3. 2001: A Space Odyssey

I'm not too big on ranking things to begin with, but in this case I agree with Stef.

Piss of! That is NOT the correct abbreviation of my name!

If I ever meet you I will stab you in the fucking eyeball with a fork and laugh my ass of while your misses watches you bleed to death on the street!

It's Steef.

This is an English language forum. Learn the language. Piss of? Piss of what? You can't leave the preposition dangling! Oh, Piss off, now that makes sense.

Matt is short for Matthew. Tim for Timothy. Joe for Joseph. Jon can be short for Jonathan. To the average person who loves watching you blow a head gasket, Steef is short for Steefan while Stef is short for Stefan or Stefani. Try decaf, Steefan.

This conversation is the last movie I saw. :lurk:

Fantastic movie! Coppola's best, IMHO. And when was the last time you saw Harrison Ford being that great*?! Really, I didn't see Ford, I saw a menacing guy in a suit.

* Don't answer that if you want to say Ender's Game, Firewall, Crystal Skull, Cowboys And Aliens, ... well, the list goes on and on ...

Oh, "This Conversation" ... It was a joke! Nevermind! Grrrrr!

Not according to Koray (fails to enjoy Lolita) and filmmusic (fails to enjoy A Clockwork Orange). However, I generally agree with your statement but I don't like 'm all equally. I do have my favorites. 2001, of course, is his Magnum Opus followed by Eyes Wide Shut these days.

I didn't dismiss Lolita because of its genre, though. Just didn't think it was well made.

To the point that you cannot enjoy a movie? I only saw Lolita once but I remember being very impressed with some of its aspects (the story alone sucked me into it). I really wonder whether is wasn't the combination of the style and the subject matter that made you not enjoy this one. Compare it to the game Tomb Raider V, often maligned for being the worst of the series, but it's still Tomb Raider, Koray. There's still plenty elements for the fans to enjoy this game. Lolita is still Kubrick (unlike Spartacus, which Kubrick disowned, and where I actually agree with you)!

Alex

I saw Mononoke-hime and I kind of expected more from the ending. But it was really good.

I remember seeing it on big screen many years ago and really liking it.

Karol

Sat and watched Tangled with the kids this morning. A traditional fairytale told without a single pop reference in sight and featuring their best villain in years? Not what I was expecting at all. So when did Disney start making great movies without Pixar?

This conversation is the last movie I saw. :lurk:

Fantastic movie! Coppola's best, IMHO. And when was the last time you saw Harrison Ford being that great*?! Really, I didn't see Ford, I saw a menacing guy in a suit.

* Don't answer that if you want to say Ender's Game, Firewall, Crystal Skull, Cowboys And Aliens, ... well, the list goes on and on ...

Oh, "This Conversation" ... It was a joke! Nevermind! Grrrrr!

At first I thought you were applying a fairly abstract joke in response, but yes, The Conversation is a great movie, and worthy of mention in this venerable and stalwart thread!

BTW, who is that foxy lady in your avatar? And why is she foxy? Is it the hat?

Pro Tip:

1.Right click on an image containing a person you don't know the name of and choose "Copy Image URL"

2. Go to "http://images.google.com/"

3. Click on the camera icon, that says "Search By Image" when you hover over it.

4. Paste in the URL and hit enter or click "Search By Image".

5. Voila!

Sat and watched Tangled with the kids this morning. A traditional fairytale told without a single pop reference in sight and featuring their best villain in years? Not what I was expecting at all. So when did Disney start making great movies without Pixar?

Right on. It's their best film in a good while - and Frozen didn't change that.

BTW, who is that foxy lady in your avatar? And why is she foxy? Is it the hat?

Pro Tip:

1.Right click on an image containing a person you don't know the name of and choose "Copy Image URL"

2. Go to "http://images.google.com/"

3. Click on the camera icon, that says "Search By Image" when you hover over it.

4. Paste in the URL and hit enter or click "Search By Image".

5. Voila!

Hey, don't ruin the fantasy!

Supposedly Frozen is great too

Frozen is overrated, don't believe the hype.

Tangled is the better film.

Supposedly Frozen is great too

Frozen is overrated, don't believe the hype.

Yeah, I haven't seen it either but I also think it must be overrated.

I have seen the scenes with the songs, and there was nothing there that made me wanting to see the rest of the movie. (and I'm talking as a BIG animation fan - well, I admit not a big computer animation fan, except for most Pixar ones)

It seemed to me like a bit better made Barbie movie.

I think Disney will never reach again the (artistic) heights it reached with Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King, Hunchback, though many people want to believe it will, or that it has already done so!

Those were the Golden Years? Really?

I gave an example of the most recent ones that I thought were masterpieces.

Of course Disney has done many masterpieces in the past with Snow-white, Pinocchio, Bambi, Fantasia, Dumbo etc..

Anything that already happened is golden! Anything that is happening now or will happen sucks!

I don't know if you say it sarcastically or not, but i think there is a reason for that.

Disney studios are giving now more attention to "money" than "artistic quality".

I'm not sure if Walt Disney himself would be proud of how it turned out to be...

Those were the Golden Years? Really?

They're commonly called the Disney Renaissance.

The late Roy E. Disney is credited as turning around the company's fortunes after their eighties slump.