What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

As last night was my 50th birthday 'eve' and I am a born-and-bred Belfast man, this was last night's double-bill -

'71 - due to an escalation of Troubles hostilities, young soldier Jack O'Connell's unit is sent to Belfast. Unfortunately during a house search in the Republican part of the west of the city, he becomes separated from them and must attempt to make his way back to barracks ... he is aided and hindered in this by people on both sides of the 'divide'. Riveting and suspenseful action drama.

Skyfall - I'll not go on at length, suffice to say it's Craig's best Bond and a series highlight.

Haven't watched it but I just read that iTunes has removed the original version of The Good the Bad and the Ugly and replaced it with a new heavily colour graded version:

8GINTR1.jpg

23 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Haven't watched it but I just read that iTunes has removed the original version of The Good the Bad and the Ugly and replaced it with a new heavily colour graded version:

The Kino Bluray has removed a lot of the yellow grading:

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&a=0&d1=10727&d2=4091&s1=104664&s2=38012&i=5&l=0

6 hours ago, Quintus said:

8GINTR1.jpg

The last bluray was horrible.

Faces were burnt red, interior scenes so dark you could barely see..

That's why I stick with the old MGM dvd

9 hours ago, Quintus said:

8GINTR1.jpg

Well yuck.

3 minutes ago, AC1 said:

They exaggerated the yellow in that comparison.

This is how the Blu-ray looks:

They have not exaggerated it. There are many blurays. From what bluray is your screenshot?

Here's a comparison between 2 different blurays:

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&a=0&d1=10727&d2=4091&s1=104672&s2=38021&i=14&l=0

Just now, AC1 said:

My screenshot is from the US version.

Again, there are many US blurays. I take it it's from the newest Kino bluray in which they have removed the yellow tint.

1 minute ago, The Big Man said:

The shot Alex posted looks good.

Yeah, I see it's from this bluray:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Good-the-Bad-and-the-Ugly-Blu-ray/175359/

There's an upcoming 4K Kino bluray, in which they advertise a new color grading. We'll see how it looks.

I hope they don't make the colours look too natural like in the upper screenshot of that comparison pic. Leone Westerns never looked like that. 

7 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Was DUEL reformatted for the Blu box set?

Wasn't it filmed in 1.33?

It was filmed 1:33 but reformatted for the theatrical release. The DVD is the longer, stereoized theatrical version BUT retains the oar- THANKFULLY!

Zombie

For a movie beloved by horror fans, this doesn't have much to offer other than the gratuitous gore and pretty Dominican Republic locales. Lucio Fulci manages some effectively eerie scenes like the opening sequence but undermines that with ludicrous plotting, gonzo scoring by Fabio Frizzi and even worse acting. 

Too bad there's no Rifftrax on this. This was made for bad movies like these.

7 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

The Witches of Eastwick

Great performances for the cast and the movie is well directed, although a little weird and surreal at times. Williams' score is excellent (and where's the expansion?)!

The region 2 DVD has an iso. (in 5.1, no less), and there's a CD boot. of this, still around.

It's good. The sound is clean, and it has both versions of THE DESTRUCTION OF DARRYL.

1 minute ago, AC1 said:

The boot sounds more natural than the original CD release.

That's, probably, because it's a two-channel reduction.