What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

I didn't like either of origin stories. The only good Spider-Man film is the one with Alfred Molina.

I've watched Iron Man 3 again last night. And still it is the most enjoyable film this summer. But I will get tired of this series soon, I think,

Karol

I suspect it's the last of the Iron Man films with RDJr. He'll be seen in the next two Avenger films hopefully that's it.

I didn't like either of origin stories. The only good Spider-Man film is the one with Alfred Molina.

Yet that still had the cringe-worthy Raindrops Fallin' On My Head scene. He's really the only good thing in the film.

Yet that still had the cringe-worthy Raindrops Fallin' On My Head scene. He's really the only good thing in the film.

It's too bad neither of Elfman's montage cues got used. I liked them both a lot.

Sam Raimi, his humor and lighthearted touch were once appreciated at JWFan, but that was before the dark times, before Nolan.

Alex

Good to see Spiderman getting the dismal here it deserves, I always thought it was vastly overrated. And I like Rami as a rule.

I wonder if the same will happen to Inception in a few years.

Refn? Why would you say that? He's too much of a bad boy for that.

Think of an audience pleaser ... Lucas ... Spielberg ... Jackson ... Nolan ...

Think Abrams, Joss Whedon ...

The new sherriff may yet have to show his face ...

Alex

Yeah, but Inception is still no Avengers, Avatar, Indiana Jones, Transformers, Pacific Rim, The Hobbit, a more typical blockbuster.

Karol

And yet it made less money than either of them...

Karol

It made more then the first Transformers films, just a tiny bit less then the second, and actually not that much less then the Hobbit if you consider that was a 3D film, so tickets cost more. More people probably went to see Inception.

Inception's earnings are in the same general range as those films. Only Avatar made far and away more money.

OK then, Nolan is a crowd-pleaser. But still his films, no matter how successful, always felt to me like they belong to a different category than Transformers or Avatar.

They just don't feel like those to me.

Karol

They're just cynical blockbusters, which turns out to be the in thing at the moment. I think the "crowd pleaser" term has much broader meaning than you seem to believe it does.

CE3K and Raiders of the Lost Ark feel nothing like Transformers and Avatar either.

I think the "crowd pleaser" term has much broader meaning than you seem to believe it does.

I just don't like the sound of it.

Karol

Talking about crowd pleasers, I recently read Steven Spielberg said that, with Empire Of The Sun, he wanted to satisfy himself, not the audience. No wonder it has been my favorite Spielberg movie all this time! (and why the masses call it his least good movie)

Alex - :yes:

It's surprises me to see A.I. is slowly climbing the ladder of appreciation.

It might end up being one of his most interesting films, when all is said and done.

Karol

Batman is art!

Karol

Yeah, with a silent "F".

Talking about crowd pleasers, I recently read Steven Spielberg said that, with Empire Of The Sun, he wanted to satisfy himself, not the audience. No wonder it has been my favorite Spielberg movie all this time! (and why the masses call it his least good movie)

Satisfying youself throught film is one thing, and I love "EOTS", too, but a giant spectre leans (gedit?) over the film.That being said, it does balance the epic with the intimate very efectively.

Sorry to piss on your bonfire, but they don't. By a Loooooooong way!

Why in the world would anyone think that the masses consider Empire of the Sun Spielberg's "least good" movie? What bizarre fantasy world are you living in Alex?

I did enjoy most of EOTS. My attention started to wane in the middle, but I often watched movies at nine on a Friday (when I was still single), and after a long workday, I got sleepy. But I own the DVD, I need to give it another chance.

I finally found The Avengers on Netflix so I watched the first half hour last night, and will finish it tonight.

I still haven't seen Empire of the Sun, I need to rectify that soon. I never have time to watch movies any more....

It's hard to choose between opening the hundreds of CDs and ripping them, working out, watching TV, cooking, putzing around, enjoying the nice weather, or pursuing carnal knowledge.